Jerry D. Young, master prepper & author on radio Saturday
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Jerry D. Young, master prepper & author on radio Saturday within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; In case anyone here is interested in a heads-up for more good radio interviews... Jerry D. Young, author of Shipwrecked! and world-renowned expert on general ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dock
  • 2 Post By Dock
  • 1 Post By WoadWarrior

Thread: Jerry D. Young, master prepper & author on radio Saturday

In case anyone here is interested in a heads-up for more good radio interviews...

Jerry D. Young, author of Shipwrecked! and world-renowned expert on general preparedness joins the Chris Bronson Show at 8pm eastern/7pm central this Saturday, Jan. 5 to discuss preparing for economic collapse, 2013, and related issues.

For more info and how you can listen live: The Chris Bronson Show | "Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
    trainershawn likes this.

Saw that over on SB forum. Read the article they interviewed him for recently as well. Thought the article was good but some of the comments afterwards were just moronic. He's an intelligent man and is always helpful to others over on SB. Looking forward to hearing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by trainershawn View Post
    Saw that over on SB forum. Read the article they interviewed him for recently as well. Thought the article was good but some of the comments afterwards were just moronic. He's an intelligent man and is always helpful to others over on SB. Looking forward to hearing the show.
    Reading the comments on that article made me want to throw my head through a plate glass window. A lot of these sheeple pseudointellectuals will be in the gutter when the house of cards comes down. But at any rate, I'm looking fwd to the interview.
    trainershawn and crystalphoto like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks... page bookmarked and it's on the calendar. I'm always up for another source of info.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason (co-author of the Bill of Rights)
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
    "If guns don't make people safer...then why do world leaders have armed security?" - Author Unknown

JD is a nice guy. His essentials list can go a little overboard at times, but let's remember - he's remotely located and has been prepping for a very long time. He's reached a bit of an eccentric stage though - not uncommon in advanced age I suspect. Why? Because as you grow older you typically have more money to invest in your preps and you tend to want to make things easier on you and yours if you do get pushed into a survival situation.

I don't disagree... there was a time that I was happy with a rolled up jacket as a pillow while I slept on the hard ground on a tarp. Then... it was an air mattress with warm blankets inside a tent. Now... an RV sounds nice. If I can just figure out how to bring a Hilton along when SHTF, I'll be set.
    crystalphoto likes this.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason (co-author of the Bill of Rights)
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
    "If guns don't make people safer...then why do world leaders have armed security?" - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by WoadWarrior View Post
    I don't disagree... there was a time that I was happy with a rolled up jacket as a pillow while I slept on the hard ground on a tarp. Then... it was an air mattress with warm blankets inside a tent.
    As funds grow, preferences grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dock View Post
    As funds grow, preferences grow!
    And as you get older, it's harder to handle some situations. Sleeping bag on the ground? Not gonna happen if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    And as you get older, it's harder to handle some situations. Sleeping bag on the ground? Not gonna happen if I can help it.
    I can imagine -- although I do sleep on the ground when my back hurts, somehow it does help a little bit.

Regardless, this is a bump for reminder: show starts 7pm central/8pm eastern. Links to listen live at The Chris Bronson Show | "Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."

Sponsored Links