NPR Poll about Arming Teachers - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NPR Poll about Arming Teachers

This is a discussion on NPR Poll about Arming Teachers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Dunbar Let's say, Obama has an assault weapons gun ban (including weapons with the capacity of 10 rds or more) with the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: NPR Poll about Arming Teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
    Let's say, Obama has an assault weapons gun ban (including weapons with the capacity of 10 rds or more) with the exclusion of police, military, and teachers. "The teachers need guns with high capacity, to match the criminals,, to protect the kids", (like the cops need assault weapons to protect against the criminals).

Well, I have kids too...what is the number of kids in your house or business to "Earn" you a permit?

There are a lot of teachers that don't what to handle a weapon. Do you make them? Do you post a cop, or the Nation Guard? You know the crazies will still have weapons.

-But maybe a security type of jury duty.... You get your letter in the mail,

"It is your turn to serve,,,,to protect the kids".
    I know a lot of teachers who were veterans and also hunt and carry off school property with a CCL. Yes there are those who are not willing to shoot , carry or otherwise stand up for their rights. I was married to one for 18 years. Unfortunatly the staff at the universities is inflitrated by the old hippies of the 70s. So the leftist mentality is there.
    Last edited by ibewbull; 12-20-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    Hidden Content

Have a safe day and be ready in all ways.

Bull

Yup. And they rely on their "signs" to keep trouble at bay. It can't happen here, we have a sign up that say's "no weapons allowed on premise". All is well. Wish the libs would figure out why all these mass shootings keep happening in "gun free" zones. You don't ever hear of a mass shooting at a gun range. Gee, I wonder why. And what's also disappointing is the main stream media is talking very little about the guy with a conceal carry at the mall in Oregon who returned fire and most likely thwarted an even bigger catastrophe. But of course, why would they want to promote someone doing something good with a gun.

Voted. It's currently 44% in favor of teachers carrying, 56% against. We're gaining.

Tim
    trainershawn likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I didn't take the poll however after teaching teachers to teach the software they teach in class I have to say they aren't police officers. Beside just over the last couple of years they seemed to have been treated as if they are lazy, over paid an plain replaceable. Now they want to put more responsibility on them. Please give me a break, folks. I suggest you go spend a day in one of the junior or senior high schools in the country as an observer. Probably them and the police are the most under paid people in our society.

A hypothetical thought;

-A school must have 2/3 teachers with weapons training. Not just handgun training, but foreign and domestic weapons training, two weeks a year. They must know how to identify and operate all weapons.

-Some teachers will opt-out. (they don't believe in guns)

-If a school does not have the required number of participants in the program, than the school must pay for added security.

,,, just ideas....
    Last edited by Dunbar; 12-20-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: correction
    MOS 13F

[QUOTE=Dunbar;21036]Let's say, Obama has an assault weapons gun ban (including weapons with the capacity of 10 rds or more) with the exclusion of police, military, and teachers. "The teachers need guns with high capacity, to match the criminals,, to protect the kids", (like the cops need assault weapons to protect against the criminals).

Well, I have kids too...what is the number of kids in your house or business to "Earn" you a permit?

There are a lot of teachers that don't what to handle a weapon. Do you make them? Do you post a cop, or the Nation Guard? You know the crazies will still have weapons.

But wait! If the mighty Obama passes a law forbidding 10+ magazines then the cops WON'T need them either because all the criminals will surely turn theirs in, right? (Where IS the sarcasm button on this thing...?)

I have already pushed the sarcasm button... that's why I posted a facetious comment. Cops won't need anything but a baton and a badge.
    NPR Poll about Arming Teachers-12950632416vep58.jpg
    MOS 13F

I hear that the shooter had a row with some of his bullying teachers a few days before.
    He had autistic symptoms which his daffy mother couldn't face, so she pressured him for years to be "normal", and ended up trying to get him put in an asylum.
    No wonder he cracked under all that pressure, he must have thought the whole world hated him..
    Instead of arming teachers, maybe they should be trained to spot and defuse possible future tragedies like this before they happen, by using the "weapons" of kindness and understanding towards troubled pupils..
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 12-20-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    I hear that the shooter had a row with some of his bullying teachers a few days before.
    He had autistic symptoms which his daffy mother couldn't face, so she pressured him for years to be "normal", and ended up trying to get him put in an asylum.
    No wonder he cracked under all that pressure, he must have thought the whole world hated him..
    They are reporting that he felt she loved the kids at the school more than him.

i say lets hire returning vets and let every parent pay him/her 1 doller a day
    this solves 2 problems unemployed vets, and school safty at no cost to taxpayers
    D"
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content [url]Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">http://www.lignet.com/Home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links