Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
Things we want/need
This is a discussion on Things we want/need within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; What kinds of products do you guys think would be helpful to the prepper world, that is not already avaliable...
Post By Fuzzee
Things we want/need
What kinds of products do you guys think would be helpful to the prepper world, that is not already avaliable
It's going to depend on what you feel your need are.
In a SHTF scenerio or TEOTWAWKI there will be no readily available. Consider what you think the possibilities are and what you and yours will need to survive. Do you have a BOL? Do you need a GHB? What do you plan to do in any type of disaster? Your goal should be to answer these first. Then you have a direction.
One thing not readily available is silver. In an economic collapse what will you use to acquire what you don't have? You most likely will not have it all.
a nuclear attack probably, wondering types of things that could be produced
1. OD Green 550 parachute chord with OD green center strands. You used to be able to get it, now everything is white center strands. Which stick out like a sore thumb in the wild. You can dye the 550, but it's a pain in the butt.
2. A high quality, modern take combo in OD Green and MultiCam of the military design poncho and poncho liner. The poncho could be bigger with polymer groumets for a better shelter tarp, and made of more durable material. And the liner to match. There are some options, but nothing great. Most of the current versions are fair quality, made overseas that I see. I'm using a Go-Lite right now and it's pretty good, but my liner doesn't match and both could be better.
3. A tough, compact (3 piece or retractable) camouflage (OD and MulitCam), light weight, but versatile fishing rod and reel combo designed to be attached (molle) or carried in a pack with some kind of lightweight (nylon) softcase to protect it.
Or a fishing reel designed to clamp onto any stick or branch, with a eyelet guide/s designed to the same, turning any stick or branch into a fishing rod. That's light weight, tough and comes in a camo (OD green) nylon case that attaches to Molle.
4. A tough (non-powered/digital) compass watch with tritium (illuminated) measure and direction marking, with a tough, (OD) nylon band and protective cover for the compass. Maybe a flip up lid with a magnifying glass for starting fires. And/or mirror.
5. A barbed spear tip that can clamp onto any stick for fishing and hunting, with a long surgical tube and leather thong for using with it to sling shot it from your grip into the fish/game.
As I think of more I'll update.
Last edited by Fuzzee; 12-16-2012 at 07:31 PM.
I did some sling spear fishing this past weekend in about 10' of water, didn't do bad but a few sharks showed up so we went to the other side of the island and shot a few flattie fish. (Flounder).
Anyone else sling spear fish ? I'd use it on land as well for frogs,snakes,etc. never have but would in a heart beat.
By Fuzzee in forum UFO's, Zombies, 2012, Aliens, Mayan, End of the World, Apocalypse
Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:39 PM
By jmh033089 in forum General Prepper and Survival Talk
Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
By blaze in forum General Talk
Last Post: 10-06-2012, 05:00 AM
By survival in forum General Prepper and Survival Talk
Last Post: 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM