Can Dropping Cable Change Your Life - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can Dropping Cable Change Your Life

This is a discussion on Can Dropping Cable Change Your Life within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; 8 years dish free. Don't miss 155 channels and theres nothing on....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Can Dropping Cable Change Your Life

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    8 years dish free. Don't miss 155 channels and theres nothing on.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

I pretty much just use Genesis off Kodi anymore, I got over paying 100 bucks for 4 channels pretty damn quick and now I watch TV on my schedule. I get my local news/weather at 4 and use the internet for national news.
    Quietsurvivalist likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    My hats off to both of you. I keep thinking I want to do the same thing. Usually every month when I pay the bill. I only watch so many channels and am paying for channels I never will watch. Half, I bet are Spanish. Rarely watch network tv except football and the local news, maybe a couple of shows. My brother says Netflix is the way to go and it's much cheaper. May look into it but then I will have to battle the wife on the rest of it.
    In case you need any additional motivation, all those channels of liberal garbage, like CNN, MSNBC, Al Jesira (going out of business I hear), and the like only exist because of Cable revenue from packages you can't control. The icing on the cake for me was that they wouldn't be getting any more of my money.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    When I was going thru TV withdrawl, my wife gifted me with the most inexpensive Roku. I think it was $49, or something like that. It is about the size of a hockey puck and sits on top of the TV.
    I only stream the free stuff - old cowboy movies and old 1950's TV shows, mostly.
    Still, I watch less than an hour or two a month.
    I have young 'uns that have loved that Roku thing. It would have been a lot more painful without it.

It's crazy. My honey do list is shrinking, all kinds of projects I have been putting off for years are getting done. I have even lost some weight because I'm moving around a lot more. I miss it some, but I like what losing it has done for me.

We have a digital antenna that gets 3 channels... all Public Broadcasting stations

we have internet and netflixs and the wife just got a trial of amazon prime

I pay 9.99 a month for kindle unlimited

we have not had cable or satellite for years....

if there is a game i really want to see, I visit a friend
    Be a Berean

Yep ditto dropped the Cable and home phone bought a roku and netflix subscription, no freaking more commericals, housewives, Kardashians, msnbc, cnn ect. Cable was a ripofff my blood pressure went down lost 30lbs so far, I feel a helluva lot better and saved about 1800.00 yr on cable only. Definitley Dump your Cable and Sat get a Roku, about 100.00 streams off the internet to any TV with an HDMI port. Its about the size of an Iphone.And no more cable wires all over the house inside and out
    Last edited by Gunner's Mate; 02-01-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Carp614 likes this.
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

When I read the title of your thread I immediately thought, "Yes, when I drop/lay some cable I usually feel better, but it doesn't really change my life, its just something I do everyday, usually in the morning but I'm kinda regular like that".

But then I realized that wasn't what you were asking.

Good for you on getting rid of the TV Cable.
    Carp614 likes this.

I haven't had cable or satellite since 2010, only internet. I watch Netflix and You Tube. Most of what's on tv is complete garbage. I've been considering getting rid of my iPhone, joining the resistance and getting a flip phone. The internet and camera are nice, but all I need it for is text and phone calls. $85 a month is too much, and if I hit my 200MB data limit it's another $15 automatically.

Dumped cable three years ago. I only watch NFL and NASCAR. Basic cable where I'm at didn't even have the games in HD. After a nice sunday raging at the ghosting flickering and other shit that broadcasting an HD signal in crap signal will do, I went into the garage, found the last antenna I used, yanked the cable box. Ohhhhhhh Ahhhhhhh, HD in the clear. Wife turned it off on Monday.

Didn't get MNF and TNF and half of the nascar season. Watched what I missed on my work phone. Good to go. Look like the NFL sold TNF to NBC and CBS. Good. Comcast can rot in hell.

Haven't missed TV or POP culture for over ten years. It just got boring and I guess I'm getting old.

What Netflix costs in a year will buy you a Gbox

And it makes Netflix look like the trailer park theater

I watch movies the day they are released, in my living room

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links