Dixie Precision Gunworks
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dixie Precision Gunworks

This is a discussion on Dixie Precision Gunworks within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; My 17 year old son ordered a custom rifle in 338 Lapua from Dixie gun works. He paid for it with his own money. He ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dixie Precision Gunworks

Dixie Precision Gunworks

My 17 year old son ordered a custom rifle in 338 Lapua from Dixie gun works. He paid for it with his own money. He was promised 6 months and this is why he went with this company as opposed to waiting a year. The rifle never arrived as promised. It was 5 months late. He called numerous times and was told different things, excuses and promises. He would not let me or his mom step in because he wanted to handle it himself. It has a nightforce scope supposedly sighted in and had load testing for the right recipe for accuracy. Guaranteed 1/4" MOA.

We took it to the range today and failed to hit a pizza box at 100 yards it was so far off. We took out the bolt and put the barrel on target from a bench rest then adjusted the scope with no luck. At 8 bucks a round it was a disappointing performance. I'll post again when we get some cheaper ammo to get it on paper then try the custom loads to see what we have. It may end up ok but out of the box and it was supposedly sighted in I am skeptical to say the least. So far I have found nothing to recommend Dixie Precision Gunworks to anyone else. Oh, and the recipe was not sent along as promised.
    bigwheel and Denton like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

C923 sorry to here about your bad luck, I wemt with an AR 30 in 338 LM with Horus Optic and have no compaints I am on at 2000yds
    bigwheel likes this.
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

Sorry to hear the bad report on those folks. Thought they were generally well regarded but the fuzzy sentiments were obviously misplaced. Cant beleive those dirty rats did that to your son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Man,that sucks! Drop that much coin on a custom rifle that don't work. Did your son ask about sending it back for repairs? Being NIB it should be under warranty.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

We are calling the company on Monday. We have also figured out that we can not drop the scope without the tools that come with the scope that Dixie Precision Gunworks also failed to include. I am betting they shipped it out the door after slapping the scope on and tossing in some shells they had laying around as a custom load just to stop hearing from my son on where is it? and You promised it two weeks ago. I could be wrong but how else to explain how off this expensive paper weight is.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

I always asume the scope is malfunctioning first when I have problems like this.
    bigwheel likes this.

How did they test for accuracy and do load development with a defective scope? Like I said I can be wrong but a new high end night force scope on a custom rifle shipped in a custom case that can not hit a disassembled pizza box at a hundred yards is just wrong. Perhaps there is an easy answer, And I hope there is. We will give them an opportunity to make it right. However, based on customer service and finished product to say We are very disappointed is an understatement at this time. We have enlisted the help of a championship long distance shooter at our club which is in part what I am using as a reference in this.

What ammo you shootin mine really likes 285 gr OTM iot wont shoot 250's WAF
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

Banned

Sounds like a bad deal. My guess is they just threw the scope on there and threw it in the box.

Either way, you didn't get what you paid for.

Not judging you but after they failed to meet a reasonable timeline that we agreed on, I would've requested a refund.

The ammo was supposed to be custom loaded and tested in this rifle for the best possible accuracy by Dixie Percision Gunworks. They charged extra for it too. Since they did not include the load information that was promised, it's anyone's guess what we have. I question if they did what was contracted for because it was supposed to be sighted in balls accurate quarter inch moa out of the box.

My son is hard headed and refused to have adult supervision on this. Hell of a way to learn. I offered to handle it and made some recommendations as did his mother. Maybe he will pay attention next time. Meanwhile this is a mess.
    Last edited by Camel923; 01-31-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links