Father arrested for disciplining daughter
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Father arrested for disciplining daughter within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Stories like this drive me crazy. A guy takes his daughters phone away when he finds inappropriate stuff on it and the mother has him ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Father arrested for disciplining daughter

Super Moderator

Stories like this drive me crazy. A guy takes his daughters phone away when he finds inappropriate stuff on it and the mother has him arrested. Guessing it had something to do with her being re-married to an officer. This guy tries to do the right thing and his spiteful ex tries to screw him.

“It made no sense to me for them to show up and make a big deal out of something that was a small thing,”
    Good for him for sticking to his guns. As much as the ex tries to be an enabler to the daughter this guy is trying to raise a good kid.
    Denton, gambit, chemikle and 4 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I don't know what legal grounds he could have used to execute the arrest.
    He he may have violated dept. Protocal in the execution of charges. That will result in the case kicked out along with some discipline of the officer.
    You can't have an officer making arrest in a personally involved case. He is required to step aside and let others followup.
    Further the was no indicated physical harm to the kid, so no complaint there.
    Depriving of electronic toys are not considered unususual punishment.
    I am glad i don't have a discipline problem with my daughter, at least i don't have an ex to deal with, out of out lives for 10 years without a word.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-28-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    Denton and gambit like this.

The mother claimed that she owned the phone and that her ex stole it from her daughter. They issued an arrest warrant and went to his house at 2am in the morning! glad it wasnt me... I dont hear well when woke up that early and I shoot first if someone is breaking down my door
    gambit and dwight55 like this.
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

need a law officer to answer this,
    the internet says they can not due to personal conflict , I smell a lawsuit I know I would
    Targetshooter and dwight55 like this.
    It happened before, it can happen again
    It happened there, it can happen here
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you
    no one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life

In Michigan, it's illegal to interfere with an phone. A felony at that.

Sometimes it sucks to be a parent ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the parent has to do what they feel is right .
    dwight55 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Ex anythings can be huge problems. Way too many people remain bitter and have an I am going to get you and your little dog too attitude. It can be so bad that the kids are used as pawns in the grudge match.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS HE COULD HAVE EXECUTED THE ARREST.
    HE HE MAY HAVE VIOLATED DEPT. PROTOCAL IN THE EXECUTION OF CHARGES. THAT WILL RESULT IN THE CASE KICKED OUT ALONG WITH SOME DISCIPLINE OF THE OFFICER.
    YOU CA"NT HAVE AN OFFICER MAKING ARREST IN A PERSONALLY INVOLVED CASE. HE IS REQUIRED TO STEP ASIDE AND LET OTHERS FOLLOWUP;
    FURTHER THE WAS NO INDICATOR HARM TO THE KID, SO NO COMPLAINT THERE. DEPRIVING OF ELECTRONIC TOYS ARE NOT CONSIDERED UNUSUSUAL PUNISHMENT.
    i AM GLAD I DON'T HAVE A DISCIPLINE PROBLEM WITH MY DAUGHTER.- AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE AN EX TO DEAL WITH, OUT OF OUT LIVESFROR 10 YEARS WITHOUT A WORD.

nobody said the new husband/PD officer was directly involved .... he's toooo smart for that .... the fact they came crashing to the front door at 2AM - says it ALL .... that cop is sending a message to the ex husband - my balls are bigger than yours and there's not a damn thing you can do ....

it's your typical cop interaction but with a twist - there's the personal side - IF this was the 1st time the cop used his badge to interfere - it WON'T be the last
    Medic33 likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

I caught my daughter with a friend's cell phone after I took her's as part of a punishment. The friend wanted it back and admitted that she knew my daughter was on punishment and shouldn't have had it. I told her that I'd only return it to her mother. She called the police who showed up at my door. Apparently, there was stuff on the phone that this young "lady" didn't want her mother to see. I gave the phone to the officer and the girl's mother had to go to the station to pick it up. This is the new America and this is the kind of idiotic stuff that we have to endure as parents.

When I was a kid, I broke a woman's window. I spent the entire summer mowing her lawn, doing odd chores around the house, etc at my father's insistence. And that was after paying to have the window fixed. If that were today, my dad would be thrown in prison for child abuse and the woman would have been arrested for having a child slave. After SHTF, I hope all this crap just goes away.
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

Kids and Phones WTF when i grew up we got along just fine as children with no phone. My youngest Daughter about to graduate College still doesn't have a mobile phone
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links