LaVoy Finicum murdered - Page 18
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

LaVoy Finicum murdered

This is a discussion on LaVoy Finicum murdered within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; ...

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: LaVoy Finicum murdered

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    how do you KNOW what he was reaching for and that the pistol was a 9mm and that it was loaded
    Maine it doesn't matter if he had one there or not. He'd already told folks - i think on camera - that he was armed and not going to go to jail. The officers tried to arrest him and his cohorts (doesn't matter what you or I think once a warrant has been issued it's for the courts to decide). He decided to flee. and ran into a road block. Then jumped out of the car demanding to speak with the sheriff. Sorry you don't get to choose who arrests you. he's startled by someone coming out of the wood line - great move if you've ever got to take an armed suspect into custody especially if gunplay eventually has to occur. He made the move to his waist (his choice on how to play the hand he was dealt). The good guys (who have their weapons drawn ) shoot him before he can hurt them. Trust me on this your average man with a pistol can't out draw a man with a drawn gun . So he's now paid the consequences.

If he made the move and was armed, not too bright. If he made the move and wasn't carrying then is in the Michael Brown Category of human

a few comments

what was a guy in the woods and why would he shot at the guy standind between him and other LE's... STUPID placement of Officers

Why try and jump in front of a moving vehicle

why is there a bullet hole in drivers side front windshield

AND LAST... the report/rumor/ is that he was not reaching for a weapon..he was shot in the side

I will wait to see on this...
    Have you watched the news in the last year or ten? I've seen them shoot unarmed black people with impunity. No one gave a damn. Why (besides the obvious) is this any different? He wasn't reaching for his gun? So what. He could have been unarmed for all they care. He was shot in the side? They could have shot him in the back as he was walking away holding nothing but a pen knife. We've given them a license to kill unarmed citizens and now we're supposed to be upset it's backfiring on us? SMH.
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

a few comments

what was a guy in the woods and why would he shot at the guy standind between him and other LE's... STUPID placement of Officers

AND LAST... the report/rumor/ is that he was not reaching for a weapon..he was shot in the side

I think there is a lesson to be learned here (not for folks like Op, me CSI or Kau) but for folks like you that seem to think that a) your actions don't have consequences b) that there are some situations that no matter how much you or your followers think you're right aren't worth dying over, and that C) most folks in law enforcement aren't there to play your stupid silly games. It's serios business for them and if you act foolish you will pay for it

Why would he get out with his hands up and then go for a gun???

does not make sense to me!!!

I do not care what anybody says.. I want to see more video with audio and i want to know which officer fired first and why.

These guys were not gang members and to my knowledge they did not have mile long rap sheets... the powers that be forced this...

the sheriff invited them to speak and that might very well be the reason they wish to speak to the sheriff

WELL some of the FBI guys get to put a notch on their gun and have bragging rights that they killed a hardened criminal that was going for his gun

until I see more video the FBI are in wrong

if this is like most other stops you have 3 guys yelling get your hands up and 2 more yelling get on your knees...

frankly.. I am pissed off....
    Be a Berean

Banned

Plenty of people have acted like they are complying then reach for a gun. He may have been trying to get an advantage or simply changed his mind, then the officer in the woods took the shot.

If there was a bullet hole in the windshield that maybe why the SUV Mr Finicum was driving veered off the road. Either way, you don't approach a road block like they did. That in itself is an act of aggression.
    GTGallop likes this.

They ran from the police.

They were considered armed and dangerous.

When the chase was over the man jumped out of the car.

I can see this as a justifiable shooting given the few facts we have so far. I don't think it had to come to this but it's over and done now.
    Slippy and GTGallop like this.

Banned

a few comments

This is why more video footage is badly needed. We know there is other camera/footage as I have seen atleast one picture from another angle.

However in regard to why there are bullets,imo, is as follows:

The closest corrobration of events, from the 18yo singer, indicated that the police fired on the vehicle. Someone said it was the original stop that police started firing on Finicum and occupants, injuring Ryan Payne (or Bundy I think Payne) in the arm. Then AFTER the vehicle was banked and Finicum was shot multiple times (apparently) atleast one source states police then started firing on Finicum's vehicle atleast twice, which resulted in the windshield getting several bullet holes.

I have not yet seen any report indicating that anyone in the vehicle fired on police, in fact, police opened up fire on the vehicle after Ryan put his hands out the window to show he was unarmed. Shortly after that Finicum sped off - likely fearing they would be killed as police seemed intent to use lethal force and had shut down paceful interaction with them.

We do not yet know if police told Finicum he was under arrest. I havn't seen any audio indicating that and will wait on more information release from the police, hopefully audio as well as more video and photos and the coroners report where the bullet holes are is VERY important forensic information.

However there is equipment that could cause someone to reach for a part of their body due to firing things like microwaves on the nervous system. I'm not saying police staged it, as if the US wanted to stage an event they could have done way more to make it more convincing.

There are just so many versions of the events right now. Once Bundy is released if the residence at the Nature reserve ends, then we will have a better idea of his version, if any, as I am sure his lawyer will be getting him to exercise silence on this.
    Last edited by Will2; 01-29-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Why would he get out with his hands up and then go for a gun???

does not make sense to me!!!

I do not care what anybody says.. I want to see more video with audio and i want to know which officer fired first and why.

These guys were not gang members and to my knowledge they did not have mile long rap sheets... the powers that be forced this...

the sheriff invited them to speak and that might very well be the reason they wish to speak to the sheriff

WELL some of the FBI guys get to put a notch on their gun and have bragging rights that they killed a hardened criminal that was going for his gun

until I see more video the FBI are in wrong

if this is like most other stops you have 3 guys yelling get your hands up and 2 more yelling get on your knees...

frankly.. I am pissed off....
    Then unfortunately you belong to that anti government "gang" (organized or not) that simply refuses to understand that there are laws in this country and weither or not you like them or agree with them or not doesn't matter. You all (and I include you in that black lives matter group as well as the supporters of Michael Brown and the Eric Holders of the world) for your own perverted reasons do not want or believe that you are required to abide by society's rules (laws) simply cause you dont agree with them.

Frankly I hope no law enforcement officer ever comes in contact with anyone of your persuasion. Your ignorance and pig headedness will do just like this fool did and force an officer to deal with you in a similar manner. Now I know that you and others of your ilk firmly believe in your beady little brains that all any cop in this country wants to do each and every day is to kill one of your sorry azzes. But I can assure you that that is the furtherest thing from their minds.

They like you just want to go home at the end of the day and enjoy their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    Then unfortunately you belong to that anti government "gang" (organized or not) that simply refuses to understand that there are laws in this country and weither or not you like them or agree with them or not doesn't matter. You all (and I include you in that black lives matter group as well as the supporters of Michael Brown and the Eric Holders of the world) for your own perverted reasons do not want or believe that you are required to abide by society's rules (laws) simply cause you dont agree with them.

Frankly I hope no law enforcement officer ever comes in contact with anyone of your persuasion. Your ignorance and pig headedness will do just like this fool did and force an officer to deal with you in a similar manner. Now I know that you and others of your ilk firmly believe in your beady little brains that all any cop in this country wants to do each and every day is to kill one of your sorry azzes. But I can assure you that that is the furtherest thing from their minds.

They like you just want to go home at the end of the day and enjoy their lives.
    Your lack of knowledge of the difference between true law and unconstitutional statutes, codes and regulations is typical of today's American population. It is much easier to think that if it is written by the government, it is law and worthy of respect and compliance.

The typical American is deserving of a controlling and oppressive government, and you will get more of it.

I can also assure you that your assurances of the caliber of people wearing law enforcement uniforms is unfounded. I personally knew men who were the exact opposite of what you describe, and I can assure you that senior federal agents who are preparing to retire are concerned about the brand of agents that have been hitting the field in the last few years.

As far as your string of insults you spewed at another member who did not first throw them at you or anyone else but was only giving his analysis of what he is seeing, today, I believe they speak for themselves and for your character. I'll let them do the talking.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links