LaVoy Finicum murdered - Page 17
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

LaVoy Finicum murdered

This is a discussion on LaVoy Finicum murdered within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by jdjones3109 If me or you walk into a bank, hospital, or anywhere else and "occupy" it, would we be allowed to simply ...

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: LaVoy Finicum murdered

Quote Originally Posted by jdjones3109 View Post
    If me or you walk into a bank, hospital, or anywhere else and "occupy" it, would we be allowed to simply stay there until we felt like going home? I don't necessarily agree with what happened (I don't know all of the facts so I can't form an opinion), but who actually thought this was going to end well? At the end of the day, the federal and state governments can't and shouldn't allow anyone to occupy their buildings or land whether their vacant or not. It would set a dangerous precedent.
    Dangerous precedent has already been set. Protesters have been "occupying" government buildings for a long long time. Some get shot, some don't. Depends on the positions of the protesters and whether or not the political rulers agree or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner's Mate View Post
    The RoadBlock Placement was such that they had no time to stop they crashed into the snow drift and ran over some poor bastard that jumped in front of the crashing vehichle, and if they had crashed into the parked RoadBlock it would have been like the ending of Bonnie and Clyde. Well Done BY the LEO's
    This does not mean I agree with the shooting just saying LEOS set up a nice Roadblock, Lucky that he didnt crash the Roadblock though probably would have been some serious injuries
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

I've looked at the video a couple of times and it doesn't look like the driver made any attempt to stop or slow down.

As for asking to speak with the sheriff, If you're told the magic four words (you are under arrest) the time for talking and discussing is all over. And the act of quickly reaching for your waistband (on a person who said he would not be taken to jail) would be a clear indication to anyone in the LEO community (and to most folks that read Captain Ayoob's articles) that Mr F was reaching for a weapon.

Very lousey judgement on the Part of Mr F, Kind of like the stupid crap pulled by the gentle giant Mike or the candy packing kid in Florida.

Sometimes you just can not fix stupid
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

So initial reports were, yet again, inaccurate.
    His hands were out initially, but at the time he was shot, his hand was moving toward an interior jacket pocket that held a loaded 9mm handgun.
    Real Old Man and Slippy like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
    or
    "I prefer perilous liberty to peaceful servitude." - Thomas Jefferson

Advice to youngsters;

Do not reach for your loaded 9mm when you exit your vehicle after you crash it next to a Law Enforcement Roadblock. Simply place your interlocked hands on your head, kneel on the ground and cross your legs behind you.

(Memories...light the corners of my mind...misty watercolored memories...)
    Arklatex, Denton and csi-tech like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jdjones3109 View Post
    If me or you walk into a bank, hospital, or anywhere else and "occupy" it, would we be allowed to simply stay there until we felt like going home? I don't necessarily agree with what happened (I don't know all of the facts so I can't form an opinion), but who actually thought this was going to end well? At the end of the day, the federal and state governments can't and shouldn't allow anyone to occupy their buildings or land whether their vacant or not. It would set a dangerous precedent.
    if you can not mentally picture the difference between occupying a bank and an empty building..I can not have a discussion with you
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    So initial reports were, yet again, inaccurate.
    His hands were out initially, but at the time he was shot, his hand was moving toward an interior jacket pocket that held a loaded 9mm handgun.
    how do you KNOW what he was reaching for and that the pistol was a 9mm and that it was loaded
    Be a Berean

a few comments

what was a guy in the woods and why would he shot at the guy standind between him and other LE's... STUPID placement of Officers

Why try and jump in front of a moving vehicle

why is there a bullet hole in drivers side front windshield

AND LAST... the report/rumor/ is that he was not reaching for a weapon..he was shot in the side

I will wait to see on this...
    Be a Berean

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    how do you KNOW what he was reaching for and that the pistol was a 9mm and that it was loaded
    It doesn't matter what he was reaching for, he ran up on a road block and failed to stop, had made threats and did not get on the ground when he exited the vehicle.

The cops don't play games when it gets to that juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Dangerous precedent has already been set. Protesters have been "occupying" government buildings for a long long time. Some get shot, some don't. Depends on the positions of the protesters and whether or not the political rulers agree or not.
    I work at a college. We've had students "occupy" the offices of various administrators from time to time, but there's a HUGE difference between their actions and those of the militia members. When all is said and done, when the government tells you it's time to leave, it's time to leave. Like it or not, they're not to be played with as though they won't shoot and arrest you (in that order).
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links