LaVoy Finicum murdered - Page 16
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

LaVoy Finicum murdered

This is a discussion on LaVoy Finicum murdered within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Would like to see some footage from the scene/ground. He did have his arms raised. What is not clear is was he shot because he ...

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: LaVoy Finicum murdered

Would like to see some footage from the scene/ground.

He did have his arms raised. What is not clear is was he shot because he dropped them, or did he drop them as a result of being shot?

He certainly was not "charging" the LE as reported and not close to any of them.

Ever seen the movie Vantage point?
    neonoah likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper News View Post
    wow...

There still is a lot we can't really tell. Were police shooting into the vehicle? What made them speed off in the first place after initially stopping? Were they shot at? He does exit the vehicle with hands up. It's hard to tell if he is reaching for a sidearm or responding to being shot. Looks like he was shot in the back.
    I wasn't there and I can't change that fact. There's plenty I'll just have to take their word for it or leave it.

I choose to side with law enforcement on this one.

Banned

Don't know about any of you but if I ran up on a road block like that then jumped out like he did, I would expect to be killed.

I'm sure he expected to be killed and he fulfilled his own prophecy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    Don't know about any of you but if I ran up on a road block like that then jumped out like he did, I would expect to be killed.

I'm sure he expected to be killed and he fulfilled his own prophecy.
    Especially when you take in the totality of what these officers knew. One) subjects had made it very clear to everyone that they were armed, Two) several had made it clear that they would use violence is pushed by the Feds, Three) This one individual had stated quite clearly that he wasn't going to go to jail. Add that to his deliberate attempt to evade a road block, it will be doubtful if his family receives anything. I think it's quite obvious that the rest of the gang in the vehicle did not share Mr. F. desire for a confrontation or that they were a lot more interested in saving their hides.

As for raising his hands in surrender, that's open to debate. I see it more as him throwing up his hands in disgust and then very quickly bringing them down to belt level where these officers would be expected him to have a weapon. As for shooting him in the back, it's fairly clear that he was facing at least one officer when his hands flashed down. In those circumstances the officer behind him taking him out from behind would seem to be a reasonable act.
    Operator6 likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Would like to see some footage from the scene/ground.

He did have his arms raised. What is not clear is was he shot because he dropped them, or did he drop them as a result of being shot?

He certainly was not "charging" the LE as reported and not close to any of them.

Ever seen the movie Vantage point?
    Yeah, the video released wasn't that great, better than nothing though. Hopefully they have dashboard or otherwise. You'd think an arrest of such high calibre they would have tons of video footage set up at the roadblock to cover their arses, against any potential backlash if things really went bad. Since they put so much planning into the ambush you'd think that part of their public relations planning would include tons of footage from all angles of the perimeter of the intended arrest zone. One aerial drone seems a little lax.

Initial reports seem issued, however what seems to be the situation is that

They did some type of stop, but failed to execute the warrant.

He asked to speak with the Sherrif instead of the FBI.

Someone came out of the woods from behind him and suprised him so he turned around to see what it was.

He DID NOT PULL OUT A GUN. HE DID NOT HAVE A GUN IN HIS HANDS. HIS hands were in the air until the guy behind him came out from the woods and attempted to approach with his gun drawn.

Audio has not been released but people that have released statements said he was communicating with them asking to speak with the sherrif.

They then suprised him and within a second or two of jumping out of the treeline they shot him.

I would say cops were VERY trigger happy. Report said 6 shots were fired but police reported only 3 shots, so that will be a big issue to figure out, was it 3 shots or 6 shots.

He was white though, so no reason for outrage right, cause that is what black people do when someone not holding a gun gets shot by police do right.

White people with their white privelege it works both way, they get away with stuff so they don't get complained when some white guy gets shot cause, clearly he must have did something really really bad.
    Last edited by Will2; 01-29-2016 at 04:29 AM.
    chocks141 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Will2 View Post
    Yeah, the video released wasn't that great, better than nothing though. Hopefully they have dashboard or otherwise. You'd think an arrest of such high calibre they would have tons of video footage set up at the roadblock to cover their arses, against any potential backlash if things really went bad. Since they put so much planning into the ambush you'd think that part of their public relations planning would include tons of footage from all angles of the perimeter of the intended arrest zone. One aerial drone seems a little lax.

Initial reports seem issued, however what seems to be the situation is that

They did some type of stop, but failed to execute the warrant.

He asked to speak with the Sherrif instead of the FBI.

Someone came out of the woods from behind him and suprised him so he turned around to see what it was.

He DID NOT PULL OUT A GUN. HE DID NOT HAVE A GUN IN HIS HANDS. HIS hands were in the air until the guy behind him came out from the woods and attempted to approach with his gun drawn.

Audio has not been released but people that have released statements said he was communicating with them asking to speak with the sherrif.

They then suprised him and within a second or two of jumping out of the treeline they shot him.

I would say cops were VERY trigger happy. Report said 6 shots were fired but police reported only 3 shots, so that will be a big issue to figure out, was it 3 shots or 6 shots.

He was white though, so no reason for outrage right, cause that is what black people do when someone not holding a gun gets shot by police do right.

White people with their white privelege it works both way, they get away with stuff so they don't get complained when some white guy gets shot cause, clearly he must have did something really really bad.
    Welcome back Will!

I, for one, have really missed your unique brand of insights while you were away. So pull up a rock, grab a cup of log alcohol and regale us with stories about what you have been doing in your absence.
    "Oh good lord it's the stink bug again. Did you see new faces and drop by like a fag at a birthday party to stink up the place with your phony dihmi hogwash"

F.B.I.
    Famous
    But
    Incompetent
    Announcing Our New web-site 100% CBD products
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    in my mind they could have left them alone and let them slowly head home... no harm no foul no need for action
    If me or you walk into a bank, hospital, or anywhere else and "occupy" it, would we be allowed to simply stay there until we felt like going home? I don't necessarily agree with what happened (I don't know all of the facts so I can't form an opinion), but who actually thought this was going to end well? At the end of the day, the federal and state governments can't and shouldn't allow anyone to occupy their buildings or land whether they are vacant or not. It would set a dangerous precedent.
    Last edited by jdjones3109; 01-29-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    Operator6 likes this.
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

I think they have had plenty of time to voice their opinions. They had free run of the wildlife refuge facility for weeks and they were essentially left alone. No Police within sight for a long time. It is time for it to come to an end. I just watched the video from the FBI aircraft and I did not see a man peacefully kneeling and surrendering. I watched a man flee from Police attempting to serve what I see as a valid arrest warrant. I watched him evade a road block, bail out of the vehicle and reach for a loaded pistol in his jacket when he was shot. Barring any other facts I'm not seeing this one is case closed for me.
    Operator6 and jdjones3109 like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

The RoadBlock Placement was such that they had no time to stop they crashed into the snow drift and ran over some poor bastard that jumped in front of the crashing vehichle, and if they had crashed into the parked RoadBlock it would have been like the ending of Bonnie and Clyde. Well Done BY the LEO's
    Last edited by Gunner's Mate; 01-29-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links