What is your weakness? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is your weakness?

This is a discussion on What is your weakness? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; My illness can cause a found rear takedown detent to morph into an entire AR-15....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: What is your weakness?

Banned

My illness can cause a found rear takedown detent to morph into an entire AR-15.
    Hemi45 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    My illness can cause a found rear takedown detent to morph into an entire AR-15.
    That's funny, right there! I thought I was bad the time I bought a rifle to go with a scope I didn't need.
    Operator6 likes this.

Security, Medical and Power.

We have weapons and ammo. However, with 2 adults, 1 teen and a 7 year old we would be hard pressed to protect ourselves, home, and stockpile if we were surprised by a group of people. Our current home is on a little over 2 acres but is right on the road, so we are in no way hidden from others. With the woods behind us people could sneak up on us. We are looking for a better location that is off the beaten path, but those places are hard to come by in our area.

Medical- we have stock piled the normal items such as first aid, bandages, peroxide, tons of over the counter stuff some fish pills. However, in the last two weeks we have tried to manage illness on our own and ended up at the doctor getting prescriptions. We are really trying to learn how to handle the normal illnesses that come along without the help of doctors. We failed at it twice during the past few weeks. I am wondering if SHTF if we will just have to be sick longer if we can't find a way to combat bronchitis and acute sinus infections. We have also stored some essential oils and have had some success with using them for illness, fever, womb healing, poison ivy. I figure most people would not steal these from us since they would not know how to use them.

Power- We have flash lights, batteries, gas, propane, etc. We are currently looking into a few solar options. We would like a generator but then the problem comes with having to have the fuel to keep it going. We have ordered some of those solar lamps you put outside along the driveway thinking that we could move them inside at night to help provide light. This would save our batteries for the flashlights.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

For me I collect knifes so , knifes is one and I have a thing for flashlights ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yes tp is a must ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, save the cardboard tube in the tp ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you cut it in to strips and you have something dry to start a fire with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I keep a plastic zip-lock baggie full of it in my back pack ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Super Moderator

Mine would be bags and other such items.
    I've got a 3-day pack, a hiking pack, two single-strap bags, two sling bags, and a leg strap "pouch".
    I've got a fanny pack for when I go running. (keeps the Glock safe and concealed)
    I've got a butt sack full of med supplies to attach to any bag with molle.
    I've got a motorcycle backpack I found on clearance that is supposed to slip over the long bars on one of those high-backed seats. I got that one because of the numerous carry handles and the integrated frame rails for rigidity. It can almost be used like a dufflebag. Quite dynamic. It was my BOB until I found the hiking pack.

I received the new 2016 Maxpedition catalog last week. It may, or may not, have a few drool spots in it.

Previously, my fetish was also flashlights.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
    or
    "I prefer perilous liberty to peaceful servitude." - Thomas Jefferson

My weakness isn't material. I guess I'd term it self-confidence. I can easily feel overwhelmed looking at the big picture. Guys like me are outnumbered hundreds to one by the sheeple. What chance do we have against their influence on our lives. TPTB and the sheeple are in control of everything except my tiny bubble of sanity, and others like mine, but too few, too few. I wonder sometimes if it would have been better if I'd never started down this path; if I were just ignorant and happy.
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    I wonder sometimes if it would have been better if I'd never started down this path; if I were just ignorant and happy.
    I think the same thing every single day. would it be better to just go with the flow and ignore what is happening? how do we teach ourselves not to see everything for the potential threat it may cause? I have lived in survival mode for as long as I can remember. Everyday I get ready for the what if's that never happen. I cause myself hours of work every day in hopes that my family will not suffer. I ask myself why every single day. I do not know how to blindly follow the crowd and I'm to smart to not figure out that what is happening in the world is a threat to the future of our freedom as well as our lives. Anyone figure this one out, let me know.
    paraquack and sideKahr like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tirednurse View Post
    I think the same thing every single day. would it be better to just go with the flow and ignore what is happening? how do we teach ourselves not to see everything for the potential threat it may cause? I have lived in survival mode for as long as I can remember. Everyday I get ready for the what if's that never happen. I cause myself hours of work every day in hopes that my family will not suffer. I ask myself why every single day. I do not know how to blindly follow the crowd and I'm to smart to not figure out that what is happening in the world is a threat to the future of our freedom as well as our lives. Anyone figure this one out, let me know.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin

Striving to be ready, come what may, is far more appealing than the alternative.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
    or
    "I prefer perilous liberty to peaceful servitude." - Thomas Jefferson

Oil lamps. My wife and I enjoy antiquing most weekends. It's everything that I can do not to purchase every oil lamp and lantern that I see. I have a ton of them, but it's hard to resist one that's a great price or that I don't have in the collection. During a storm, I pull them out when everyone else is pulling out their flash lights.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

Guns, Guitars, Redheads and Good Whiskey
    gambit and shooter like this.
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links