Buying Silver Where and Why
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Buying Silver Where and Why within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; WHY I buy silver because I view it as a hedge against inflation and I think in the event of a dollar collapse silver will ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Buying Silver Where and Why

WHY

I buy silver because I view it as a hedge against inflation and I think in the event of a dollar collapse silver will be used again (after months or years). I like that I can hold it in my hand and I have it in my possession.

We like to put it away for the grand kids also.

WHERE
    I have put ads in the paper and purchased silver US coins.. eagles, quarters, and dimes. I have a complete collection of US Washington Quarters -all mint marks and all years 1932 - 1998

I also purchase from Buy Gold & Silver Bullion ? Free Shipping | Provident Metals I like that they have free shipping for orders over $99.. some places charge WAY TO MUCH for shipping

I have also purchased from the Canadian mint - the $20 for $20 deal... of course using US dollars it is like $15 US for $20 Canadian - YES I know it is not worth $20 in silver BUT it is worth $20 Canadian and it has silver in it

I never buy from ebay, amazon, goldline or apmex

I am a prepper and I think that PM's are part of that...
    hayden likes this.
    Be a Berean

MM, do you invest in silver mining stocks?

Quote Originally Posted by sidekahr View Post
    mm, do you invest in silver mining stocks?
    never
    sideKahr and Mosinator762x54r like this.
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

I buy silver mostly for the novelty of it but there is always the speculator in me wanting to earn a dollar.

I typically buy from a local pawnshop for under spot but I also buy specific coins,bars and rounds from various sources one being JM Bullion. Free ship over 100.00 and they are prompt and professional.

I need to buy more silver. Gold is too rich for my blood. I bought from Apmex ONCE. What's the saying...you can skin a sheep once, but you can sheer it 100 times. Well they skinned me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    WHY

I buy silver because I view it as a hedge against inflation and I think in the event of a dollar collapse silver will be used again (after months or years). I like that I can hold it in my hand and I have it in my possession.

We like to put it away for the grand kids also.

WHERE
    I have put ads in the paper and purchased silver US coins.. eagles, quarters, and dimes. I have a complete collection of US Washington Quarters -all mint marks and all years 1932 - 1998

I also purchase from Buy Gold & Silver Bullion ? Free Shipping | Provident Metals I like that they have free shipping for orders over $99.. some places charge WAY TO MUCH for shipping

I have also purchased from the Canadian mint - the $20 for $20 deal... of course using US dollars it is like $15 US for $20 Canadian - YES I know it is not worth $20 in silver BUT it is worth $20 Canadian and it has silver in it

I never buy from ebay, amazon, goldline or apmex

I am a prepper and I think that PM's are part of that...
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

It's my firm belief the only reason Gold and Silver are still so low is because the exchanges are allowed to sell "paper" precious metals. I doubt that there is truly a high percentage of physical gold backing up the amount of paper gold being bought, sold, and traded on the open markets. Same scam as fractional banking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    never
    beach23bum and Prepper News like this.
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
    I buy silver mostly for the novelty of it but there is always the speculator in me wanting to earn a dollar.

I typically buy from a local pawnshop for under spot but I also buy specific coins,bars and rounds from various sources one being JM Bullion. Free ship over 100.00 and they are prompt and professional.
    Yeah, I like JM Bullion too. I usually check their weekly deal section each Monday. JM Bullion, SD Bullion, Apmex, Silver.com (which is actually a part of JM Bullion), and Provident Metals are my favorite 5 online dealers.
    Last edited by Prepper News; 01-22-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    Operator6 likes this.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinator762x54r View Post
    I need to buy more silver. Gold is too rich for my blood. I bought from Apmex ONCE. What's the saying...you can skin a sheep once, but you can sheer it 100 times. Well they skinned me.
    What did Apmex do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinator762x54r View Post
    I probably trust Apmex as much or more than any of them...along with JM Bullion. You just gotta compare all the prices. Sometimes Apmex has higher prices...sometimes lower on certain things.
    Last edited by Prepper News; 01-23-2016 at 08:22 AM.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

I always buy my silver from a local coin shop (been in business for a looong time).
    I pay cash and there is no paper trail.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links