Buying Silver, Tomorrow
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Buying Silver, Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Buying Silver, Tomorrow within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Yep, I am going to buy more silver tomorrow. I got away from buying rounds and now just get Eagles or 90% silver US Coins. ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Buying Silver, Tomorrow

Buying Silver, Tomorrow

Yep, I am going to buy more silver tomorrow. I got away from buying rounds and now just get Eagles or 90% silver US Coins.

Tomorrow I am picking up a bunch of the 90% coins....

90% SILVER Coins | Buy JUNK Silver Online | $1 Face

Buying Silver, Tomorrow-90_junk_silver_us_coins_1_face_value.jpg
    Be a Berean

im still buying eagles maple leafs as well as rounds and bars I don't believe the hype of it not being able to be tradable or worth anything in a SHTF situation. I have already bartered for silver back and forth and its worked out great thus far. right now with the price down and the metal dealers have some sales going on now is the time to buy anything. even people on craigslist dumping off for decent prices.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

I invested in brass today!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think you will be okay buying at this level. Be prepared to wait a while before selling. I don't find it to be a worry to sit with silver in my possesion, even if it is going down.

PMs are the only investment that does not have a counterparty risk. They will never declare bankruptcy, they will never default, they require no upkeep nor do you pay tax on them until you sell. They are the ultimate insurance.
    Last edited by sideKahr; 01-20-2016 at 11:17 PM.

I stopped buying silver when it hit six bucks an ounce. Too rich for my blood. Sold some when it was nearly forty, still got a bunch. There is an article on another forum about the difficulties of casting silver for bullets. Not very good ballistic material, anyway, but I had this kind of a pet rock idea...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanprepper666 View Post
    im still buying eagles maple leafs as well as rounds and bars I don't believe the hype of it not being able to be tradable or worth anything in a SHTF situation. I have already bartered for silver back and forth and its worked out great thus far. right now with the price down and the metal dealers have some sales going on now is the time to buy anything. even people on craigslist dumping off for decent prices.
    It depends how long term, and isolated the issue is, and if there are still trading markets on it, industrial demand etc..

You can still get something but value will drop. It is all supply and demand based.

As supply of essential goods drops their price goes up. So 10$ won't buy as much. However it offers advantages if the USD in your case tanks. If US drops massively due to its economy being ruined for whatever reason than the silver will hold its value.

There are various factors but supply and demand and Marxist systems of barter more or less are fundamental. Marxism underlies the capitalist system. It goes back to some parts of Adam Smith, and ultimately linking to Colbert.

If you understand how silver is used both for industry, jewellery and as a commodity for financial trade then you should understand how it forms an alternative commodity to offset holdings in a specific national currency, effected by demand only as opposed to specifically national bank policies.

Bear in mind I can't imagine any likely scenario emerging that ruins the US overnight. I also can't imagine any likely scneario that isolates the US from global markets that trade in silver. Personally I see the USD as stronger than silver right now although gold and perhaps silver should continue to edge as oil slides. This is a good sign for the economy though. This market stuff is just readustment to prexisiting bubbles. China is slowly deflating their market that has been propped up with injections of 10's of Billions of state capital. Drops in Shanghai are just a readjustment. You know they need to ask, is the capital there for return, what is the valuation here in terms of investment, I think some people are realizing that the threshold is just a little too high right now. People are starting to step out a bit from the dragnet in China because it is being heavily manipulated which conflicts the health of stocks with their expressed values. None the less China is still the world largest economy by some accounts so it is doing something and providing lots of goods.

None the less if you have more cash than you can spend, makes sense to diversify holdings.

If a bear market lasts then holding something isn't bad. But as far as trade in collapse vs. trade in recession two totally different scenarios. I just don't see why you are hedging on silver instead of the USD, as it seems so much easier to use and travel with.
    Last edited by Will2; 01-21-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protect this House View Post
    I invested in brass today!
    I have never heard that before...
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Will2 View Post
    It depends how long term, and isolated the issue is, and if there are still trading markets on it, industrial demand etc..

You can still get something but value will drop. It is all supply and demand based.

As supply of essential goods drops their price goes up. So 10$ won't buy as much. However it offers advantages if the USD in your case tanks. If US drops massively due to its economy being ruined for whatever reason than the silver will hold its value.
    er
    There are various factors but supply and demand and Marxist systems of barter more or less are fundamental. Marxism underlies the capitalist system. It goes back to some parts of Adam Smith, and ultimately linking to Colbert.

If you understand how silver is used both for industry, jewellery and as a commodity for financial trade then you should understand how it forms an alternative commodity to offset holdings in a specific national currency, effected by demand only as opposed to specifically national bank policies.

Bear in mind I can't imagine any likely scenario emerging that ruins the US overnight. I also can't imagine any likely scneario that isolates the US from global markets that trade in silver. Personally I see the USD as stronger than silver right now although gold and perhaps silver should continue to edge as oil slides. This is a good sign for the economy though. This market stuff is just readustment to prexisiting bubbles. China is slowly deflating their market that has been propped up with inections of 10's of Billions of state capital. Drops in Shanghai are just a readjustment. You know they need to ask, is the capital there for return, what is the valuation here in terms of investment, I think some people are realizing that the threshold is just a little too high right now. People are starting to step out a bit from the dragnet in China because it is being heavily manipulated which conflicts the health of stocks with their expressed values. None the less China is still the world largest economy by some accounts so it is doing something and providing lots of goods.

None the less if you have more cash than you can spend, makes sense to diversify holdings.

If a bear market lasts then holding something isn't bad. But as far as trade in collapse vs. trade in recession two totally different scenarios. I just don't see why you are hedging on silver instead of the USD, as it seems so much easier to use and travel with.
    After read your last few post, I realize that you like to say things just to be heard and the problem is most of what you say sounds good but it is just WRONG. You remind me of a girl I grew up with that was mentally handicapped... She thought what she had to say was important.. but others just ignored her and went about their business
    Prepared One likes this.
    Be a Berean

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Will2 View Post

er

Bear in mind I can't imagine any likely scenario emerging that ruins the US overnight. I also can't imagine any likely scneario that isolates the US from global markets that trade in silver. Personally I see the USD as stronger than silver right now although gold and perhaps silver should continue to edge as oil slides. This is a good sign for the economy though. This market stuff is just readustment to prexisiting bubbles. China is slowly deflating their market that has been propped up with inections of 10's of Billions of state capital. Drops in Shanghai are just a readjustment. You know they need to ask, is the capital there for return, what is the valuation here in terms of investment, I think some people are realizing that the threshold is just a little too high right now. People are starting to step out a bit from the dragnet in China because it is being heavily manipulated which conflicts the health of stocks with their expressed values. None the less China is still the world largest economy by some accounts so it is doing something and providing lots of goods.

No one has more cash than they can spend.

That is a fact.
    Maine-Marine and A Watchman like this.

Cash ,,, and metals are hard for us to come by ,, so I am going to rely on my Mr Fixit skills .what we do have is for us ,not to barter .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links