College for the mentally inferior - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

College for the mentally inferior

This is a discussion on College for the mentally inferior within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; The messed up thing is with all these public institutions pumping out degrees a bachelors is worth now what a high school diploma was in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: College for the mentally inferior

The messed up thing is with all these public institutions pumping out degrees a bachelors is worth now what a high school diploma was in the 70's. The college I went to you actually had to go to class, novel concept. In my upper level courses I was usually 1 out of 10 with some classes being 1 out of 5. Wouldn't change it for the world though because now that my foot is in the door people can tell the difference.
    Camel923 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jdjones3109 View Post
    Actually, the opposite is true. Trump is doing a much better job at attracting uneducated voters. I suppose that makes sense since uneducated are competing for jobs with the same folks that Trump advocates banning or removing from this country. That's pathetic on many levels.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ans-heres-why/
    I was referring to Sanders doing well with College kids and the younger generation in general. I am not a Trump fan but I found your comment Interesting. Only the more educated or college educated should vote? They know what's best I suppose? Lesser educated people are not able to make good choices? Nice to see you again Mr. Jones.
    Slippy and mtncharlie1968 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I was referring to Sanders doing well with College kids and the younger generation in general. I am not a Trump fan but I found your comment Interesting. Only the more educated or college educated should vote? They know what's best I suppose? Lesser educated people are not able to make good choices? Nice to see you again Mr. Jones.
    Don't shoot the messenger here, but our founding fathers felt so. They didn't trust the average American citizen to make an educated correct choice in voting for president so they set up the electoral college.

Not forming an opinion just stating facts

***Edit***

I'd also like to state there is a diffence between education level and wisdom. There are people with multiple PHD's that are functional idiots when it comes to affairs outside of their fields and men/women that have only an elementary school education that could teach those PHD holders.
    Last edited by NotTooProudToHide; 01-20-2016 at 08:13 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I occasionally have to hire and fire people as well as work with the public. There are true morons out there at every level of formal education.. A degree does not automatically mean you are smart or have common sense.
    Slippy, darsk20, sideKahr and 1 others like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Maybe it would be best if a requirement to vote is to Own land and/or Serve or have Served in the Armed Forces.

On Food Stamps/EBT/SNAP=NO VOTE
    Live in Government Civilian Housing=NO VOTE

etc, etc
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-20-2016 at 08:26 AM.
    PCH5150 likes this.

I managed restaurants both casual and fine dining, for almost 20 years. There are some complete damn idiots in college. They couldn't tell you within 50 years when WWII happened. They couldn't tell you the three branches of government, etc etc. There were of course, some really bright people also with good heads on their shoulders. But mostly a lot of ignorance.
    Slippy and mtncharlie1968 like this.

This video is rather funny. One of Obamas earlier supporters that gets it now.

A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I don't believe that there's a correlation between a person's level of education and their patriotism. And it's everyone's right and responsibility to vote. I was simply responding to the comment that made it seem as though less educated voters tend to vote Democrat. Actually, I don't really care about who votes for whom. I'm prepping because we're screwed regardless.
    Prepared One likes this.
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by PCH5150 View Post
    I managed restaurants both casual and fine dining, for almost 20 years. There are some complete damn idiots in college. They couldn't tell you within 50 years when WWII happened. They couldn't tell you the three branches of government, etc etc. There were of course, some really bright people also with good heads on their shoulders. But mostly a lot of ignorance.
    Maybe they should teach civics and not general history in K-12. There's a big difference between the two.
    PCH5150 likes this.
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being. - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jdjones3109 View Post
    Actually, I don't really care about who votes for whom. I'm prepping because we're screwed regardless.
    On this we agree and isn't that the damn miserable shame of it.
    jdjones3109 likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links