Bigotry on this forum - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bigotry on this forum

This is a discussion on Bigotry on this forum within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by dsdmmat Ehh there is a lot of things on the internet including this site that is clearly aimed at being shocking to ...

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree849Likes

Thread: Bigotry on this forum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    Ehh there is a lot of things on the internet including this site that is clearly aimed at being shocking to someone. There are people that actually think that way too. If it bothers you call it out. If it doesn't bother you enough to call it out then why mention it at all?

I find people that get offended have given other people too much power over their lives.

I wish people a Merry Christmas even though I am an Athiest. It is a customary greeting around this time of year in the western world. In other parts of the world I have also used their customary greetings when it was appropriate. If people find that offensive so be it.
    It is important to be aware of the social fabric though. I am an applied languages Minor, and we study language usages. I am also a History major so I have some context to the use of language over time. I am also an anthropology minor with a relative focus in cultural anthropology as well as archaeology. The point is that language is a tool of symbolic power. Many communications may seem innocent but have nefarious intents latent within them. A lot of less culturally aware people are programmed and indoctrinated by it. So while a lot of borderline comments may seem fine, they are actually a system of graduated hate speech. Of course The mind control aspects of mob mentality seen in Nazi Germany is a classic example. If someone recognizes the systems used in organized criminal netstalking, and social engineering of the internet, which is being done by organizations, individuals, and even intelligence and military organizations around the world, then one should atleast make a point not to facilitate mission creep on genocidal mentalities. While hating a group of people is a personal sentiment, sharing those thoughts in a way that promotes that hate, is generally not exception especially if it is used for sociopathic effects. There are a lot of people online who feed off of influencing behavior, people get paid for it, the government and corporations pay people to undergo various scales of marketing of beliefs.

It is easy to brand website like this, and in effect owners and operators of websites, at time drawing on advertising contracts, promote forums as a place of a specific breed, a way to generate content that will attract more users of that time, etc..

People don't need to give power, power is manifest in use of language, for whatever cohesive device, that is how it is used to put meaning into the world which will somehow influence others lives.

Repetition over time, facilitates for regularization of thought processes, it goes back to Sapir Whorf and even earlier in that what language we encounter, effects the limitations of our thought process. If we see attacks on Muslims and bad things said about Muslims regularly this becomes the norm, even though it is only perhaps the actions of 500000 militant muslims in a world of 3 billion Muslims less than 2%, about the same as extremists in law, for criminal actions, or extremists in capital gains, such as the ultrarich. These people don't fully represent the religion but they are being used as a tool on peoples minds who have no cultural or religious awareness of what the world is really like. They look at it through the lense of the evening news and a few select biased representations that exist for political purposes.

In large part people are just regurgitating what they have encountered, they are in effect just programed to think their inputs into the world are the correct things to repeat, it is just who they are.

It is unfortunate that people can't see the fundamental point it is not ok, because they are taught to conquer, as opposed to coexist. It is the mindset, they are cultural imperialists. It is like judging all Americans by what some people claiming to be Americans believe, when in fact constitutionalists, or Libertarians, or whatnote are a minority. It is places like this that allow people to come together and share their views.

The real problem is that people aren't educated enough to escape the effects of symbolic power, and to shape those usages to protect people from nefarious intents.

There are bad people, there are people who will kill other people because they don't like them. Its chicken and egg. It is threat protection, it is a fight mechanism in the scheme of fight flight.

The fact here is that opinions are shared. We can recognize them in Canada as hate speech because they are an exception, they are sanctioned beliefs. There is also free speech in Canada. We just need to recognize that the use of the term bigot is just a way of religious hypocracy, and that is a can of worms in its.

I think that yes many of these people aren't all evangelical and preaching the word of Jesus because they want blood instead of to shed their own blood for others. they aren't following the message of Jesus, much like the Crusades were about a higher purpose, or localized needs of insuring regional peace. Saying these people are just a bunch of bigots because they are hawks is just preaching a form of dogma. There is no defined religiously correct way, they are just cults with heads if it is a fatwa or a pastor or the pope, these people have their own views and others choose to follow them. People could see the actions of Cirist in metaphorical ways. It is in fact the Muslims who were taught to kill, it was also the Jews to commit genocide. The new Testament is about helping others. Christainity is special in that people put a different weight and context to the Law, or the old law. The context of religion is thousands of years in the making to wade into a debate of bigotry would be very biased if one takes any opinion as the correct one while major religious be they catholic or protestant will definitely have the lines drawn on issues such as filioque or same sex marriages.

There is so much behind them. I think where the line must be drawn in defence is defending people against victimization by sociopaths, which is equally as important as defending people against psychopaths, and likewise promote education of others so they can overcome their own socialization and indoctrination so they can see the world as a universal instead of from a cult perspective.

Why not say Christ's Mass if you are a traditionalist? Or use Christo? Fact is customs change. The real resentment may be over the dissociative effect for people who have lived throughout the generation where they feel there has been rapid change in the status quo ante diem, as we know that creates unrest. People become conflicted over what is the right thing to think or say in a world where their history is no longer modern, they are out of fashion, and they are unable to adapt or cope, or to preserve what they feel is valued. This is when subcultures form, these are sects etc... They become the alien and fundamentalists, when in fact 100 or 500 years ago they were the law.

It is called paradigm shift.

People have lived in the mob mentality of mass reality, like mass media, mass reality is a world view that reaches the masses. They struggle against loss of purpose and meaning if the world falls apart around them. This is a real prepper threat because people who cannot live outside the box will be very stressed when everything they love or value is raped from them.

This is what causes riots and general unrest.

People who havn't lost everything have a hard time loosing anything.

The danger in effect is slow erosion of social values, the same systems that have instilled respect for human rights can be used to remove those rights which we have notably experienced publically since 911, even if it was never really the utopia we'd like to think.

If it ain't important now, when will it be, the whole Anne Frank effect.

It is post structuralist reactionism.

It isn't really about what you think it is about what actions your words create in the world, as words have symbolic power.

For example radical feminism really pisses me off, but I don't hate radical feminists. Just because you feel attacked by a belief doesn't mean that belief is not acceptable, on the contrary it promotes dialogue. There are others who complain about whining that don't recognize they are the whiners.

The easy what to determine who is whining is simply to trace the chronology of the mass belief. What came first? It is about the paragon of mass belief in any given locality. About social norms.

This forum is a global experience however it shouldn't be viewed as a totally open forum, there are dictators here who can determine where their lines are. In a way it is the paradigm they are willing to support. Its not about liking it or leaving, it is about sharing what you know, and creating actions that are beneficial in the big picture. All we can hope is that people have a big picture that takes care of everyones interests. That in itself is positive politics, working against no one and benefiting everyone.

Captains don't want their ship to go down, much like others fear the extinction of civilization as we know it.
    Last edited by Will2; 12-25-2015 at 09:07 AM.
    tinkerhell likes this.

Wow..who woulda thunk it. Thanks.
    A Watchman likes this.

Nobody speaks for me and only a retard would think that, because I talk to a racist on a forum, I am one myself. I talk to Catholics. Yet I'm not catholic. I talk to gays yet I am male and think a sexy woman is the best thing on earth. I talk to transgender people and yet my gender identity (whatever the hell that is) appears to be unaffected. I speak with Muslim people and yet I am a staunch believer in something else.

Fact is, by its very design, you are told to identify with this or that, that this is better than that, and that this should rule all and that should be killed. And the group with the upper hand in this imaginary struggle can say this group is that and that they are evil and expect everyone else to believe them. If you don't you must support their enemies. This black and white thinking this divide that exists is taught to us and not natural. Not at all.

Racism isn't real. It's a concept that you were taught. I say we should start teaching something else. But I'm just a white guy in one of the richest nations of the world who isn't worried about fresh water of healthy food daily. Even though I had to eat from the garbage. It was still better than what more than half the world gets.

We are so good at creating issues. I'd like to see people solve them for a change.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

um.....you had to eat from the garbage? ahwooo?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerhell View Post
    um.....you had to eat from the garbage? ahwooo?!?!?
    Ya my mothers 4rth marriage to a religious biggot resulted in a sever beating with a poker from the fire for listening to non religious music on the sabbath. I left home after nobody stood up to protect me. I was 15. Until I was 19 things were tough. After 19 I started to make progress.
    tinkerhell likes this.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

Banned

sorry that happened. Glad to hear that it is behind you.
    TacticalCanuck likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    Amen means the end, this is merely a start.
    Let it be so, is the more accurate meaning.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Will2 View Post
    It is important to be aware of the social fabric though. I am an applied languages Minor, and we study language usages. I am also a History major so I have some context to the use of language over time. I am also an anthropology minor with a relative focus in cultural anthropology as well as archaeology. The point is that language is a tool of symbolic power. Many communications may seem innocent but have nefarious intents latent within them. A lot of less culturally aware people are programmed and indoctrinated by it. So while a lot of borderline comments may seem fine, they are actually a system of graduated hate speech. Of course The mind control aspects of mob mentality seen in Nazi Germany is a classic example. If someone recognizes the systems used in organized criminal netstalking, and social engineering of the internet, which is being done by organizations, individuals, and even intelligence and military organizations around the world, then one should atleast make a point not to facilitate mission creep on genocidal mentalities. While hating a group of people is a personal sentiment, sharing those thoughts in a way that promotes that hate, is generally not exception especially if it is used for sociopathic effects. There are a lot of people online who feed off of influencing behavior, people get paid for it, the government and corporations pay people to undergo various scales of marketing of beliefs.

It is easy to brand website like this, and in effect owners and operators of websites, at time drawing on advertising contracts, promote forums as a place of a specific breed, a way to generate content that will attract more users of that time, etc..

People don't need to give power, power is manifest in use of language, for whatever cohesive device, that is how it is used to put meaning into the world which will somehow influence others lives.

Repetition over time, facilitates for regularization of thought processes, it goes back to Sapir Whorf and even earlier in that what language we encounter, effects the limitations of our thought process. If we see attacks on Muslims and bad things said about Muslims regularly this becomes the norm, even though it is only perhaps the actions of 500000 militant muslims in a world of 3 billion Muslims less than 2%, about the same as extremists in law, for criminal actions, or extremists in capital gains, such as the ultrarich. These people don't fully represent the religion but they are being used as a tool on peoples minds who have no cultural or religious awareness of what the world is really like. They look at it through the lense of the evening news and a few select biased representations that exist for political purposes.

In large part people are just regurgitating what they have encountered, they are in effect just programed to think their inputs into the world are the correct things to repeat, it is just who they are.

It is unfortunate that people can't see the fundamental point it is not ok, because they are taught to conquer, as opposed to coexist. It is the mindset, they are cultural imperialists. It is like judging all Americans by what some people claiming to be Americans believe, when in fact constitutionalists, or Libertarians, or whatnote are a minority. It is places like this that allow people to come together and share their views.

The real problem is that people aren't educated enough to escape the effects of symbolic power, and to shape those usages to protect people from nefarious intents.

There are bad people, there are people who will kill other people because they don't like them. Its chicken and egg. It is threat protection, it is a fight mechanism in the scheme of fight flight.

The fact here is that opinions are shared. We can recognize them in Canada as hate speech because they are an exception, they are sanctioned beliefs. There is also free speech in Canada. We just need to recognize that the use of the term bigot is just a way of religious hypocracy, and that is a can of worms in its.

I think that yes many of these people aren't all evangelical and preaching the word of Jesus because they want blood instead of to shed their own blood for others. they aren't following the message of Jesus, much like the Crusades were about a higher purpose, or localized needs of insuring regional peace. Saying these people are just a bunch of bigots because they are hawks is just preaching a form of dogma. There is no defined religiously correct way, they are just cults with heads if it is a fatwa or a pastor or the pope, these people have their own views and others choose to follow them. People could see the actions of Cirist in metaphorical ways. It is in fact the Muslims who were taught to kill, it was also the Jews to commit genocide. The new Testament is about helping others. Christainity is special in that people put a different weight and context to the Law, or the old law. The context of religion is thousands of years in the making to wade into a debate of bigotry would be very biased if one takes any opinion as the correct one while major religious be they catholic or protestant will definitely have the lines drawn on issues such as filioque or same sex marriages.

There is so much behind them. I think where the line must be drawn in defence is defending people against victimization by sociopaths, which is equally as important as defending people against psychopaths, and likewise promote education of others so they can overcome their own socialization and indoctrination so they can see the world as a universal instead of from a cult perspective.

Why not say Christ's Mass if you are a traditionalist? Or use Christo? Fact is customs change. The real resentment may be over the dissociative effect for people who have lived throughout the generation where they feel there has been rapid change in the status quo ante diem, as we know that creates unrest. People become conflicted over what is the right thing to think or say in a world where their history is no longer modern, they are out of fashion, and they are unable to adapt or cope, or to preserve what they feel is valued. This is when subcultures form, these are sects etc... They become the alien and fundamentalists, when in fact 100 or 500 years ago they were the law.

It is called paradigm shift.

People have lived in the mob mentality of mass reality, like mass media, mass reality is a world view that reaches the masses. They struggle against loss of purpose and meaning if the world falls apart around them. This is a real prepper threat because people who cannot live outside the box will be very stressed when everything they love or value is raped from them.

This is what causes riots and general unrest.

People who havn't lost everything have a hard time loosing anything.

The danger in effect is slow erosion of social values, the same systems that have instilled respect for human rights can be used to remove those rights which we have notably experienced publically since 911, even if it was never really the utopia we'd like to think.

If it ain't important now, when will it be, the whole Anne Frank effect.

It is post structuralist reactionism.

It isn't really about what you think it is about what actions your words create in the world, as words have symbolic power.

For example radical feminism really pisses me off, but I don't hate radical feminists. Just because you feel attacked by a belief doesn't mean that belief is not acceptable, on the contrary it promotes dialogue. There are others who complain about whining that don't recognize they are the whiners.

The easy what to determine who is whining is simply to trace the chronology of the mass belief. What came first? It is about the paragon of mass belief in any given locality. About social norms.

This forum is a global experience however it shouldn't be viewed as a totally open forum, there are dictators here who can determine where their lines are. In a way it is the paradigm they are willing to support. Its not about liking it or leaving, it is about sharing what you know, and creating actions that are beneficial in the big picture. All we can hope is that people have a big picture that takes care of everyones interests. That in itself is positive politics, working against no one and benefiting everyone.

Captains don't want their ship to go down, much like others fear the extinction of civilization as we know it.
    Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys, Girls and Confused Mentally Ill Transgendered Folk,

Evidence exists ^^^^ that you can be so overly educated by a socialist agendized school system that you don't know shit from shinola. Especially if you are in the habit of self medicating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys, Girls and Confused Mentally Ill Transgendered Folk,

Evidence exists ^^^^ that you can be so overly educated by a socialist agendized school system that you don't know shit from shinola. Especially if you are in the habit of self medicating.
    ^^^^ evidence exists there are still retards in this world.
    Slippy and shootbrownelk like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Stop attempting to use logic on this topic. It scares people.

The "moderates" claim that the Quran says to love all of Allah's creations.
    They are correct.
    And it also says to convert, kill, or subjugate them.
    They choose to ignore that part when asked about these "radicals".

It's cliche by now, but still true and worth repeating.
    There are only two kinds of Muslims.
    1.) Those that want to kill you.
    2.) Those who support those that want to kill you.

^^^^^^^
    Yep, and you are a genius, Slippy
    Slippy likes this.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links