Christmas Gift For Wife - A Last Minute Quest For Dumbasses
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Christmas Gift For Wife - A Last Minute Quest For Dumbasses within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Well, okay here I am .....time to make a play. Mt wife and I have never been one for extravagant gifts at Christmas or wasting ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Christmas Gift For Wife - A Last Minute Quest For Dumbasses

Well, okay here I am .....time to make a play. Mt wife and I have never been one for extravagant gifts at Christmas or wasting money on stupid crap no one needs or likes, we long ago agreed to put he money towards the 3 kids.......but its time to make a move here and have a showing.......

She prefers to buy her own clothes etc.....

any suggestions that make me look smarter than I am?
    Slippy, Arklatex and Denton like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Certificate for a spa day. High end. Women love that stuff. tea, deep massage, sauna, nails, hair An experience rather that a physical possession.
    A Watchman, Arklatex and Denton like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

My go to last minute gift idea has been lingerie.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Flowers, pick a nice live bouquet! A card, and a gift card for a store you know she spends a lot of time at. But I do like the spa idea. Pick a nice one.

So pots and pans are out?

I got my wife a kreg jig and an assortment of pocket screws to go with it. She was moved to tears. (she's a wood worker). I also got a "Magical Butter" really strange name, but it makes essential oils/tinctures, infused oils, infused butters and cures cancer. So instead of getting vanilla extract at $5 for 1oz, you can make 750ml for $30. Put the ingredients in, push one button and come back when its done.

She also likes the classic beetle, so if I can't think of anything, I get her a part for her car or a book or a model.

I learned a long time ago that the secret to gift giving is to find out that persons hobbies and then get them something related to that hobby. If your loved one doesn't have a hobby, give them a collection. My mom loves to knit, but I have no idea what to get her... so I get her some "grandmother" related figurine or jewelry.

I don't like to give "experience" type gifts because I want to create a shared experience. I also only give living flowers/plants/etc vs. cut flowers.

I would rather surprise somebody through out the year with a gift than splurge on Christmas... but as a result I get really conflicted around Christmas.
    Slippy, A Watchman and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimble View Post
    I got my wife a kreg jig and an assortment of pocket screws to go with it. She was moved to tears. (she's a wood worker). I also got a "Magical Butter" really strange name, but it makes essential oils/tinctures, infused oils, infused butters and cures cancer. So instead of getting vanilla extract at $5 for 1oz, you can make 750ml for $30. Put the ingredients in, push one button and come back when its done.

She also likes the classic beetle, so if I can't think of anything, I get her a part for her car or a book or a model.

I learned a long time ago that the secret to gift giving is to find out that persons hobbies and then get them something related to that hobby. If your loved one doesn't have a hobby, give them a collection. My mom loves to knit, but I have no idea what to get her... so I get her some "grandmother" related figurine or jewelry.

I don't like to give "experience" type gifts because I want to create a shared experience. I also only give living flowers/plants/etc vs. cut flowers.

I would rather surprise somebody through out the year with a gift than splurge on Christmas... but as a result I get really conflicted around Christmas.
    You speak like a wise man.
    A Watchman likes this.

Maybe let the holiday go as is. Have her possibly foster a little resentment that you forgot, or that something was missing and then steal here away for a couple day get away without notice and right away? Intrigue, excitement and mystery. I have heard that women like that jazz.
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    So pots and pans are out?
    Dadgummit you beat me to the punchline! I was gonna suggest some sammich making stuff and a broom to sweep up the crumbs but that's out now.

How about tickets to some random place yall would like to visit dated for next year? That gives you some wiggle room to setup a romantic getaway.

Also, diamonds are always good.
    A Watchman and gambit like this.

Rule #1
    Anything with a cord that plugs into an outlet. ie, vacuum, sewing machine(great gift except for Christmas), washer, dryer, iron etc. I did give DW a new mixer one year, but had a diamond ring tied to the cord.
    A Watchman and Slippy like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links