How soon do we hit the wall and the SHTF ?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How soon do we hit the wall and the SHTF ? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have been pondering this for quite awhile now. I dont even have a best quess do any of you? Just like to know how ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: How soon do we hit the wall and the SHTF ?

I have been pondering this for quite awhile now. I dont even have a best quess do any of you? Just like to know how big of a hole we will have to crawl out of.

Re: How soon do we hit the wall and the SHTF ?

Wow, Humm, I would rather guess more about "what" than "when" .
    that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government,

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."Thomas Jefferson

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."Thomas Jefferson

Just be prepared for anything in a general sense. Food, fuel, protection, bob, bov, bol if I focused solely on prepping I'd never get any work done so I just do what I can when I can. Just this weekend I put fresh fuel/stabilizer in my genny and ran it a bit before putting it up for the winter just so i know it will be ready when needed. Just be ready for anything...

punch
    preppermama and Rogue_Scout like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I believe when was earlier this month and how deep the hole is yet to be determined because I dont think the hole has even came close to the depth it wil be dug.

But no worries the zombies will be here before the hole is completely dug!
    jgriner and cybercop106 like this.

I dont think there is going to be any point where we suddenly hit a wall and SHTF makes a Red Carpet Gala Event celebrity apprearance.

Personally I think this train wreck is already well underway. While it could be averted I dont think there are many people in this country much less the world who have the where withal to take the steps required to avert it. I think we will just slowly continue the current down ward spiral until things just get so bad that everyone feels the pain for years to come. I think we will be reduced for a couple of decades at least to a world where you are born into a moderate level of wealth and affluence or you are the working class dirt poor struggling to just get enough to eat any way you can to make it through another day. Along the way will there been an event where the straw breaks the camels back? Its quiet possible. There could be a war break out, there could be a huge natural disaster, there could be a pandemic that gives us that final little push over the cliff. But irregardless I think were headed over the edge of that cliff slowly but surely.

I am an economic collapse prepper, but am really focused on being ready for anything that might come our way.

I had a really great economics professor in college who basically teaches that the best way to predict the direction a society or economy is going, take a look at how it has behaved historically. Tribal societies will always be fighting with each other, Mesopotamia has always been a mess, and with the economy, study the historical ups and downs to see what indicators were out there before a crash or boom. I'm not going to expand on that a whole lot more because it would require a pretty in-depth conversation about monetary policy, CPI, unemployment, and other indicators economists look at. I guess what I'm getting at is that a simple Google search will yield a lot of information if people are interested in trying to predict where we are moving as a country.

I think the next big crash is going to be something that a lot of people don't see coming and I doubt the mainstream media will talk about it at all until it happens. It will be one of those things where we all get out of bed one morning only to discover the crash has happened on the news and our country is in turmoil.

Honestly, I hope the crash happens sooner than later because I believe it needs to happen for our country to smarten up, employ sound financial policies and practices, get rid of the corruption in Washington and Wall Street, and shift the power away from the elites and back to the people. I know it sounds really doom and gloom to say that, but I really believe it's the only way things are going to change in our country. We can't begin again until the tower comes crumbling to the ground.
    Last edited by preppermama; 11-27-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    jc-hunter, jgriner, nadja and 7 others like this.

Like Preppermama, I too believe that our current situation of spending etc, is going to be the fall of this once great country. That and emp is what I mostly am preparing for. I do what I can, when I can to be ready for just about anything.

But there is also of course the matter of earthquakes. They have been happening quite regularly these days, and sort of following the pacific rim areas. I think Cali will get a quake soon, as it is just about the only place that hasn't had one in awhile.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    I have good confirmation from an alien zombie that it will hit tomorrow at high noon and all non-believers will perish in the blue flames of Obama's butt.

preppermama, Denton, Rocky and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    I have good confirmation from an alien zombie that it will hit tomorrow at high noon and all non-believers will perish in the blue flames of Obama's butt.

Thank you! I'll start constructing my tin foil hat so we can communicate with them.

Super Moderator

I'm thinking the economic train wreck we are now witnessing is going to be coupled with tyranny. Rioting and all that is going to bring troops in the streets.
    When? How much longer can it be? China is still turning its nose at buying more of our paper, the world is turning from the petrodollar, government is spending more than ever, and we are still losing jobs. Meanwhile idiots are fighting over I-Phones so they can buy them with credit cards.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links