Halloween candy advisory
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Halloween candy advisory

This is a discussion on Halloween candy advisory within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I heard the strangest thing on the radio this afternoon. It was an advisory about Halloween candy put out by the local express clinic chain. ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Halloween candy advisory

Halloween candy advisory

I heard the strangest thing on the radio this afternoon. It was an advisory about Halloween candy put out by the local express clinic chain. They were telling folks to be safe, make sure your kids know not to get into strangers cars, etc. But then they mentioned something that caught my attention. They said not to trust the candy handed out to trick-or-treaters... That you should bring it in to their clinic and have it x-rayed before consuming... They will provide this service free of charge to help protect the children.

What a sorry world we live in nowadays! Has anyone else heard of something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    I heard the strangest thing on the radio this afternoon. It was an advisory about Halloween candy put out by the local express clinic chain. They were telling folks to be safe, make sure your kids know not to get into strangers cars, etc. But then they mentioned something that caught my attention. They said not to trust the candy handed out to trick-or-treaters... That you should bring it in to their clinic and have it x-rayed before consuming... They will provide this service free of charge to help protect the children.

What a sorry world we live in nowadays! Has anyone else heard of something like this?
    I have not heard it this year, but growing up heard horror stories from my mom (she was an ER RN when I was growing up) about razors in apples and needles found in candy bars. It is very important to inspect all the candy before you let your kids dig in.

Most of the people I know only take their kids to houses of people they know, which tends to cut down the anxiety about such things.

Yes it a sad commentary on our society.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post

Well the " HolyDay" aka Holiday is of questionable origin. They do say " Trick Or Treat". so just who in the HE double Hockey Sticks do you think is behind it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Must be "Trick or Crack" season. Do you think it's OK to eat the candy after the healthy dose of radiation....

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    Well the " HolyDay" aka Holiday is of questionable origin. They do say " Trick Or Treat". so just who in the HE double Hockey Sticks do you think is behind it?
    You do realize that every single major holiday we celebrate has pagan origins and is full of pagan icons right?

When the Catholic Church took over Europe, the only way to get pagans to convert was to let them keep celebrating the holidays they already had. Christmas is Yule, Easter is Eastra, Halloween is All Hallows Eve, Valentine's is a celebration of Cupid. The Christmas tree, garland, etc. Are pagan Yule icons. The Easter egg is a pagan fertility symbol, etc. Etc. Etc.
    Denton, dsdmmat, AquaHull and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

The local ER I worked out of as a paramedic did the same thing. The only problem
    was a lot of kids complained the bags were 1/2 a pound light than when they came
    in. The X-ray techs said they took out the bad ones. This went on for a few years
    until an ER doc caught the techs putting the good bars on top of needles and pins
    on top of the x-ray plate. Worst of all, the X-ray bums didn't share!
    dsdmmat, Denton and shootbrownelk like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jakthesoldier View Post
    You do realize that every single major holiday we celebrate has pagan origins and is full of pagan icons right?

When the Catholic Church took over Europe, the only way to get pagans to convert was to let them keep celebrating the holidays they already had. Christmas is Yule, Easter is Eastra, Halloween is All Hallows Eve, Valentine's is a celebration of Cupid. The Christmas tree, garland, etc. Are pagan Yule icons. The Easter egg is a pagan fertility symbol, etc. Etc. Etc.
    Absolutely right, but this one is straight from the children and animal sacrificing of occultic depths of Hell without the Catholic filter.

As far as the x-raying of candy, that service has been offered for decades, now. There are some really sick puppies out there.
    AquaHull and Camel923 like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Then I noticed I have an "Offering Envelope " for "All Saints Day" another Hallmark HolyDay for the Babylon Mystery religion
    I'll prolly have to Usher that Mass also.

Banned

I've been hearing that for at least 10 years. I just make sure the kids candy is well packaged and let 'em eat the sugar.

my kids always go with me or their Mother and we only go to neighbors and places that we can trust.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links