If your eyes causes you to sin - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

If your eyes causes you to sin

This is a discussion on If your eyes causes you to sin within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Maine-Marine Please give an example of where I misquoted or was incorrect about Jesus If I did would it make any difference ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: If your eyes causes you to sin

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Please give an example of where I misquoted or was incorrect about Jesus
    If I did would it make any difference to you?

You avoided the second line..Is faith a contest to you?

You should uplift people with the Word not cast judgment on those that you feel are wrong. It is not your place. That is why I think you do not understand God's message.
    Blackcat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OctopusPrime View Post

You avoided the second line..Is faith a contest to you?

You should uplift people with the Word not cast judgment on those that you feel are wrong. It is not your place. That is why I think you do not understand God's message.
    Oops sorry... you said "Faith is not a contest" I did not see a question there - I took it as written a statement

OK, so your though is that because I use scripture to correct people that I am a wrong for doing that... is that your belief??

As to faith being a contest... I do not understand what you mean...

If you have a thing against me or you can show me when I have misquoted scripture please present the evidence and lets talk about it... I will be willing to ask forgiveness and make correction if i have been wrong... but generalizations are hard to combat
    Be a Berean

if you showed me where I misquoted or misused something, it would indeed matter to me
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It has nothing to do with quotes or scriptures. It has to do with you and how you project yourself here.

I understand that most folks want warm cuddle christian that never talk about anything but LOVE, GOD LOVES everybody, GOD LOVES you, All we need is LOVE, we just need to be LOVING..

Followers of Christ that have actually studied the Bible know that is not true.... I do not care what a person's grandmother told them as she drove older folks to church...

Read John 3:16-21 and think on it

Joh 3:16 For God so loved (Noticed this word is PAST TENSE) the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth (Notice this word is PRESENT TENSE) in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

It is the place of ALL FOLLOWERS to correct, reprove, rebuke, and tell the story....

The bible talks about a SMALL FLOCK... many goats few sheep...

So I have to ask.. how do you know you are a a sheep and not a goat????????
    Be a Berean

It has nothing to do with quotes or scriptures. It has to do with you and how you project yourself here.
    ok, so you do not like my way of saying things but nothing I have said is incorrect, misquoted, or misused???
    Be a Berean

I understand that most folks want warm cuddle christian that never talk about anything but LOVE, GOD LOVES everybody, GOD LOVES you, All we need is LOVE, we just need to be LOVING..

Followers of Christ that have actually studied the Bible know that is not true.... I do not care what a person's grandmother told them as she drove older folks to church...

Read John 3:16-21 and think on it

Joh 3:16 For God so loved (Noticed this word is PAST TENSE) the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth (Notice this word is PRESENT TENSE) in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

It is the place of ALL FOLLOWERS to correct, reprove, rebuke, and tell the story....

The bible talks about a SMALL FLOCK... many goats few sheep...

So I have to ask.. how do you know you are a a sheep and not a goat????????
    God wants His children to spread the word not rebuke. It is not your place to cast judgment on others for their lack of faith. It is your job to share God's word with them..That is all.

Fishers of men..Sons of thunder.. How do you know I am not a fisherman?

ok, so you do not like my way of saying things but nothing I have said is incorrect, misquoted, or misused???
    Plenty of what you have said in the past is incorrect.

God wants His children to spread the word not rebuke.
    I would need to see some scripture back up the second part of that statement... I agree that we are to spread the word but I think if you read the scriptures... it clearly says that the Bible is good for Correction, reprove, and rebuke...

It is not your place to cast judgment on others for their lack of faith. It is your job to share God's word with them..That is all.
    Yes it is... anybody that claims to be a Follower of Christ is subject to correction by the body... we are called to correct the believer..we are even told to EXPEL the immoral brother... that would require rebuke and judgement

Fishers of men..Sons of thunder.. How do you know I am not a fisherman?
    I do not know if you are or not... it would appear from this conversation that you need some biblical discipleship
    Be a Berean

Plenty of what you have said in the past is incorrect.
    ok, if there are lots of examples it should be easy for you to find 3 or 4 of them.... I will wait
    Be a Berean

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links