Transhumanism and survival
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Transhumanism and survival within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I imagine by now most have heard the term transhuman. This is something I discovered a number of years ago and now im a bit ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Transhumanism and survival

I imagine by now most have heard the term transhuman.
    This is something I discovered a number of years ago and now im a bit of a diehard transhumanist.
    The general idea is life extention possibly to the point of immortality, an end to most if not all human illness and life threatening genetic defects. It also encompasses the development of new cutting edge technology and genetic enhancement or augmentation, for example enhanced senses.

Most of the current research revolves around brain uploading. Transferring your conciousness to a computer hard drive. To facilitate the transition of your mind into another body (usually a mechanical body) but for others, myself included the idea is for an organic body grown in a lab.
    Other ideas involve slowing or stoping the aging process.

We consider the application of technology such as nano tech, brain scanning, cloning, implants, artificial organs and lab grown genetic materials (tissue, organs and whatnot) and artificial intelligence guided advancement.

There are quite a few of the worlds top minds already working in this field both religious and athiest.
    Many MANY agendas. Its probably one of the most ethically and philosophically treacherous areas of research.
    A large number of experts in the field feel that there is a very high chance that this could create a teotwawki situation through genetic research that goes bad or the AI take over theory or any number of possibilities.

As far as "is this possible" goes... Transhuman research isnt just a dream or a fad. Were talking world renound scientists. Funded by billionaires and private corporations. The technology is also there. Advances in this field seem to be almost as quick now as the advances in any other tech (cellphones and such)

When I first took an interest in this my thought was we would see most of this tech as viable by the time im in my 80s
    The general consensus from the actual science community was much more optomistic. Since then the eta for these techs has been greatly reduced still too within the next few decades.

Much of the tech already exists. We can grow functional organs and tissue we have created an artificial part of a brain we can record and map the electrical patterns of the brain and even copy some of it to devices or harness it to control devices. Much of the holdup comes down to legalities and ethics now. Also were at a point where we have reached limits. For example we can only scan a brain in so much detail without actually destroying the brain by freezing and slicing it up. To advance past this point means we wait for the state of the medical scanning equipment to catch up.

Artificial intelligence... Its also quite close last I checked. Even the people that are creating this technology believe that it could learn to evolve on its own faster than we can keep up. What happens then when a self aware highly intelligent rapid evolving machine decides were a threat ?

Some of the theories and tech I have run across are horror movie monsterous. The sort of thing that really makes you consider gods and devils. Some are in it for change, some are in it out of curiosity some are in it to prevent some outcomes while others are in it to prove or disprove some aspects of religion.

My interests fall in line with a few others but overall my masterplan (yes I have one of those :p ) is vastly different from most ive seen. I have a few personal reasons that have turned it into an obsession for me. Eventually I hope to surpass every one in this field... At least within my lifetime.

I thought this would be a good place to get some thoughts on how this could effect us as prepper/survivalists.
    There is technology about to emerge or comming soon that could put power in the wrong hands or cause mass extinction events. Im more concerned about the state of technology than natural disasters, war or economic crisis.

One transhumanist researcher and professor stated in one of his public lectures "we are now at the point that technology is far more advanced than what our minds can comprehend, were a lot like monkey sitting inside a super computer... We see all the buttons and binking lights and we want to push them but we have no perception of how it works or what the consequences will be."

And you wonder why your girl left you. Really? That's some scary, nerdy stuff right there!
    Slippy, Blackcat, Denton and 1 others like this.

Meth is a hell of a drug.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

C'mon down to Slippy Lodge and bring a shovel..Ill make you forget all this "transhumanism" nonsense.

Thanks for listening,

So is lsd ..you should give em a go..the result could be immortal web weaving transsexual spiders thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    And you wonder why your girl left you. Really? That's some scary, nerdy stuff right there!
    Rotflmao not quite the replies I had anticipated but its all good... Funny anyway.

Who do you think got me into this nerdy stuff in the first place Hemi45 lol.
    Yes im sort of like a cross between an estrogen pumping nerd and a testosterone fuled lumberjack. Its a bit of a conflict. Do I set the cute bunny free or do I deepfry and eat the f*cker with a side of bacon. LoL

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
    Rotflmao not quite the replies I had anticipated but its all good... Funny anyway.

Who do you think got me into this nerdy stuff in the first place Hemi45 lol.
    Yes im sort of like a cross between an estrogen pumping nerd and a testosterone fuled lumberjack. Its a bit of a conflict. Do I set the cute bunny free or do I deepfry and eat the f*cker with a side of bacon. LoL
    Use peanut oil.
    Blackcat, Slippy and pheniox17 like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

I don't care who you are now that's funny. Lord forgive me and bless the pygmies of New Guinea.

Eventually I hope to surpass every one in this field... At least within my lifetime

Blackcat,

I am fully aware of the theories and supposedly "scientific research" being conducted here. I have no data that allows me to discern if any or part of it is factual though. Since it seems you are way ahead of most of us on the prepping option, can you elaborate on your own personal progress as your statement above implies you are a "work in progress".

Curious though, who controls the interbreeding or artificial intelligence interaction and how do you know you won't end up a programmed demonrat forever?
    Slippy and gambit like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

"In the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman should survive they may find"
    "Their hands hangin' limp by their sides, everything they do think or say, was in a pill they took today"
    ... www.youtube.com?v=izQB2-Kmiic

From the song "In the year 2525", listen to it.

I believe that if I could find this lab I would throw a hand grenade inside and kill the scientists, post SHTF of course. This would be the end of the human race, unless there is room for the new, people and ideas, humanity is doomed. Besides there is no individual that we would want to have -forever, not even "The Donald".

Have you not begun the search for the new main squeeze yet?, if you have don't ever mention this to her.
    A Watchman and CWOLDOJAX like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links