Transhumanism and survival - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Transhumanism and survival

This is a discussion on Transhumanism and survival within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; James - you will be made into a windows operating system for eternity lol. What you say is a valid point. Its something that many ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Transhumanism and survival

James - you will be made into a windows operating system for eternity lol.
    What you say is a valid point. Its something that many of us discuss actually. We are natural, a hard drive is something else.
    The bodys nervous system is a flow of electrical impulses, a pattern. As its basic level it too is essentialy ones and zeros.
    The brain has a lot in common with a hard drive. So the idea is we can copy or move that electrical pattern to an artificial HD.
    We can already do this to a degree. The problem is we can only reach some of the electrical pattern, much of it is to difficult to scan.

The questions this leads too are: Is it a conciousness or something else ? Is it you... Or is it a copy ? and what about the matter of a soul ?
    Religious transhumanists believe that this will prove the existence of the soul and allow it to be manipulated for whatever reason (who knows)
    If you copy the entire eletrical system from your body to another body... Then lets say it works and that new body appears to be you in every way... Is it ? Or is it a copy ? When your original body is shut off so all that is left is the new "you" who can know what has been lost if anything.
    Then theres questions of rejection if the new environment is to foreign can this imprint even survive ?
    Lets say you close your eyes and when you open them your in a machine. Everything feels different, your senses are all foreign, you start to consider what has happened but its quite a bit to process. One theory is it could break that pattern and lead to madness or worse.
    The remake of robocop used a theory that I had some time ago (im sure im not the first to come up with this one) they used dream sequences to allow the mind time to heal to reduce the "shock" and prevent rejection.

I agree axeman much of this is counterintuitive to survivalism. Imo anyway... Im not much for the "turning humans into machines" which seems to be a popular theme with transhumanists.
    Idk why... Almost all the ones I speak with feel that a natural body is weak and flawed so lets make a durable artificial one... That just doesnt make sense to me in any way. Artificial is rarely a better plan than natural.

For my taste... There is natural and there is artificial (unnatural) then there is a questionable "grey area" not quite natural... LoL

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    Never mix meth and LSD children, never.
    Or drink water from the swamp.
    Blackcat likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

It all sounds like bad news to me. I'm gonna pass on the uploading. The physical, natural me and my spirit will happily live and die naturaly.

Ever consider people who oppose this new wave of transhumanism creating viruses that can't be cured. Kinda like a digital aids or the clap..ha. I see a bleak, dark future if transhumanism is ever fully accomplished. Possibly to the point of massive wars to stop it and even extinction of the natural human.

Ever see that movie with Johnny Depp..Transcendence. Sure it was all good in the beginning. But it turned out that the new him wasn't really on the same page as the old him. Because it wasn't him at all but a series of 1s and 0s coded to become dominant over the natural human. Can you say Skynet?

Scary $#!+ man!
    Blackcat likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_B_wild View Post
    It all sounds like bad news to me. I'm gonna pass on the uploading. The physical, natural me and my spirit will happily live and die naturaly.

Ever consider people who oppose this new wave of transhumanism creating viruses that can't be cured. Kinda like a digital aids or the clap..ha. I see a bleak, dark future if transhumanism is ever fully accomplished. Possibly to the point of massive wars to stop it and even extinction of the natural human.

Ever see that movie with Johnny Depp..Transcendence. Sure it was all good in the beginning. But it turned out that the new him wasn't really on the same page as the old him. Because it wasn't him at all but a series of 1s and 0s coded to become dominant over the natural human. Can you say Skynet?

Scary $#!+ man!

Pretty much exactly my point. It could go either way but it is on the way.
    I saw trancendence recently, it was also fascinating. The concept of the movie was based on transhumanism but they kind of took it to the extreme.
    It could be a dark future or not. Both options are on the table but With the risk Involved im sure it wont go without incident.
    Its not a matter of will it happen but when. I mean unless people suddenly decide they arent interested in advancing technology anymore and what we have is good enough. But humans/scientists are all about discovering the next big thing, the latest breakthrough.
    The extinction of the human race is certainly on the table as well.

My own interest in transhumanism is quite complicated, I do have many adjendas of my own but one of those is preventing an event that will "completely" wipe out humanity.

Although... We are a resilient species, I find it difficult to imagine an event that will wipe the species out 100%. We are intelligent (sort of) and we use our intellect to adapt. Thats kind of the heart of prepping and survivalism.

Blackcat,

My friend I am going to tell you the truth again. You are playing with fire here. Look for the light and get out of the darkness and all that hides and deceives in its shadows. Try being a white cat maybe....... concentrate on things that improve who YOU ARE, not how YOU CAN BE MANIPULATED INTO SOMETHING OTHER THAN MAN. I am going to repeat the words another poster told you earlier in this thread below, please take heed:
    Transhumanism.

For those who prefer to believe the lie of living forever in this flesh. For those who would sell there souls. That is to say, for the weak and afraid of the wrong forces.
    spirit_B_wild, Denton and Blackcat like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Anyway this is creeping me out. It's not even other worldly, at least aliens bleed. So has anyone seen the Buddha statue on Mars? It's like the face on Mars, either an optical illusion or, well how many optical illusions can you have before its obviously no longer a coincidence. They are looking for something in the dirt up there, fossils or something from millions of years ago.

Mars has pyramids. There is an obvious connection between our ancient world and that of Mars. Most likely nothing to do with transhumanism. Transalienism? How about realism. Come back down to earth Blackcat. I don't see anyone but the highest elite achieving a transhumanism state in the next 100 years. It might even be outlawed and only available on the black market for an insane amount of futuristic currency...like your soul. We have been warned about deception...we should not play the role of the one who has warned us.
    Blackcat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    Anyway this is creeping me out. It's not even other worldly, at least aliens bleed. So has anyone seen the Buddha statue on Mars? It's like the face on Mars, either an optical illusion or, well how many optical illusions can you have before its obviously no longer a coincidence. They are looking for something in the dirt up there, fossils or something from millions of years ago.
    Lmao now that creeps me out...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
    Lmao now that creeps me out...
    Maybe it's like a real world Stargate sg1. All we need now is macgyver and bad blue camo.

Speaking of Stargate. . .how bout all that Cern stuff?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links