Transhumanism and survival - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Transhumanism and survival

This is a discussion on Transhumanism and survival within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hijack away! Interesting that is one ill have to check out. Dont worry about hijacking my threads. Im looking for thoughts, ideas, opinions even if ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Transhumanism and survival

Hijack away! Interesting that is one ill have to check out.
    Dont worry about hijacking my threads. Im looking for thoughts, ideas, opinions even if it sidetracks :D

And now sleep. My head is killing me tonight.

Puff puff pass!!!! Why would anyone want to live forever???
    hawgrider, Blackcat and Denton like this.
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Not me... 800 - 1000 years will do fine Forever seems rather bothersome.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

You can't put your consciousness on a hard drive. That's crazy talk. One is artificially created by humans and the other is created naturally. It can't be done.

Oh but if you pay me before you die I will gladly save and back up your consciousness to a USB flash drive and a tftp server. You will live forever in flash memory. So long as you pay me before you die....

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Stanley range

They were head hunters and cannibals, most likely still are. They did chop up and eat japs during WW2.
    The Papuan guides helped us and the Brits to survive in the Melanesian jungle and were loyal to the Brit admin..
    Most of this barbarism occurred north of the Owen-Stanley range, primarily was the natives getting even with the japs for their brutal treatment of the natives.
    The main battles were at Buna, Gona , Salamaua, Sansapore, Port Moresby, Holandia and Moroti. With the well needed butchering of the japs in the battle of the Bismarck sea.

We have enough trouble with those in power with normal life spans, you say double triple or immortality?
    Reminds me of the Arnold movie The Sixth Day. No good can come from it.

Solution for the lab, post SHTF, #10's C4 and enough TNT to level the labs with all scientist and lab tech's in side.
    There is a man named Jason Hershey who was the son of Christian missionaries in Papua New Guinea. He is now a musical artist. Here's a video.

https://youtu.be/FbqegGdkzTY

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    You can't put your consciousness on a hard drive. That's crazy talk. One is artificially created by humans and the other is created naturally. It can't be done.

Oh but if you pay me before you die I will gladly save and back up your consciousness to a USB flash drive and a tftp server. You will live forever in flash memory. So long as you pay me before you die....
    You do know they are growing body parts in a lab now, right? Not to mention the progress being made with 3D printing of organs. Not sure if they'll ever be able to "download" consciousness but never say never.
    Blackcat likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    You do know they are growing body parts in a lab now, right? Not to mention the progress being made with 3D printing of organs. Not sure if they'll ever be able to "download" consciousness but never say never.
    Never mix meth and LSD children, never.

If its possible I want to be saved to a terabyte USB flash drive. And every time I'm plugged in I want to come up on the screen. And I will complain if you try to minimize me.

Reducing life to ones and zero's. Blasphemy.

Even if they have the tech available for "average folks" in the next few years...its too late for me.
    I,nearing the end of my years,do not fear death,and have absolutely NO desire to live forever.
    ...all that being said,it seems that T H is counter to survivalism,as in electronic form,one will rely on others,to keep the power on,to maintain the computers that one has been uploaded to,etc.
    I am no tech geek,but have truly enjoyed the internet,and for that matter the computer age.
    but that which drives me,sustains me,has naught to do with electric/electronics/technology
    that which drives me is to live long enough to see the insane system that I have lived under my entire life screech to a halt and burn to the ground.
    then I can quietly crawl into my grave ,knowing that my kid,and grandkids have a chance to thrive....not just "exist"
    All news requires the recipient to keep one question in mind,"whom benefits?"
    If one fails to ask that all important question,one succumbs to the propaganda

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links