Transhumanism and survival - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Transhumanism and survival

This is a discussion on Transhumanism and survival within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Stanley range Originally Posted by James m I don't care who you are now that's funny. Lord forgive me and bless the pygmies of New ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Transhumanism and survival

Stanley range
    Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    I don't care who you are now that's funny. Lord forgive me and bless the pygmies of New Guinea.
    They were head hunters and cannibals, most likely still are. They did chop up and eat japs during WW2.
    The Papuan guides helped us and the Brits to survive in the Melanesian jungle and were loyal to the Brit admin..
    Most of this barbarism occurred north of the Owen-Stanley range, primarily was the natives getting even with the japs for their brutal treatment of the natives.
    The main battles were at Buna, Gona , Salamaua, Sansapore, Port Moresby, Holandia and Moroti. With the well needed butchering of the japs in the battle of the Bismarck sea.

We have enough trouble with those in power with normal life spans, you say double triple or immortality?
    Reminds me of the Arnold movie The Sixth Day. No good can come from it.

Solution for the lab, post SHTF, #10's C4 and enough TNT to level the labs with all scientist and lab tech's in side.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-18-2015 at 08:53 PM.
    Blackcat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Eventually I hope to surpass every one in this field... At least within my lifetime

Blackcat,

I am fully aware of the theories and supposedly "scientific research" being conducted here. I have no data that allows me to discern if any or part of it is factual though. Since it seems you are way ahead of most of us on the prepping option, can you elaborate on your own personal progress as your statement above implies you are a "work in progress".

Curious though, who controls the interbreeding or artificial intelligence interaction and how do you know you won't end up a programmed demonrat forever?
    For all I know I am a programmed demon rat lol :D
    I implied im a work in progress ? Good good... I kind of half figured that I imagined that lol.

Actually I couldnt say for sure if what I know about the data is true or false either. In this age just about anything can be false unless you see it first hand. However as it goes it appears to be legit... I get the information usually from various published papers, books, the scientists involved.

Im by no means an expert though... On one hand I have an ability to learn very fast read and recall large amounts of information. I digest texts. On the other hand... im certifiably mad as a hatter... Or so they tell me
    And once upon a time I would say "im not crazy, im eccentric" :p but I guess I was only partially correct.
    That makes it somewhat awkward keeping my focus. My brain is like a calideascope of broken random whatnot.
    Some days better some days worse.

What I have been up too is conversing via text with a number of scientists from various countries on this subject.
    Exchange of ideas and a little help to point me in the right direction.

Not quite sure what you mean by the "prepping" for this. I was asking in general if and how others might prep. Other than my general prep. Im not really focused on any one speciffic thing.

Now the replies are closer to what I had in mind... I just keep forgetting my point lol
    Much of it is a matter of "ethics and morality" heck theres people that specialize in just that... Ethics and morality in technological advancement.

Like of people could live forever... Should we ? What about resources ? How do we select who lives and who doesnt ?
    What if someone in power uses it to remain in power. Uses other tech to control the population and so on.

For those that believe in god how does this effect the concept. Some say its all gods will... Others say if you create a new body and put your conciousness into it... And live several hundred years are you going against gods plan.

If you rebuild yourself from the ground up and make yourself vastly different from the original human form how do you know its still you ?

And if worst comes to worse I can just build a girlfriend lol :p no... no I probably shouldnt do that lol hmmmm.

If you google the lists of wealthy investors into this technology you will see some pretty interesting names.
    Global elite that are openly trying to live forever are offering huge amounts of cash to anyone that comes up with a final product.

My personal philosophy is nobody should be immortal but every human should be granted a full measure of life free of pain, illness, disease, dibilitating or deadly genetic defects or permanent injury like loss of a limb or sight.

Life extension should be in set numbers of years to those who are suited too it on a case by case basis.
    For example you're a humanitarian that has been working on a project that could improve or save countless lives but you have reached the end of your natural lifespan. You could apply for a second lifespan to continue your work.

On the other hand if you wasted your life living off the system, commiting crimes, generally causing more harm than good... Then no.

We should never progress past a the point of no return. I think this is one major flaw we have in our advancemen (we march blindly forward with no regard to the outcome) There should always be a way to recover and go back to square one if we really eff things up.

I think as we are getting into an age where technology is advancing rapidly and a good amount of it could possibly be a danger to the human species. Such experiments should be done "offworld" there should be a space station someday set up for research into areas like matter or viruses or sentient machines.

I think I read a novel by Dean Koontz that resembled this. Maybe about 10 years ago. Gonna have to look now. Seem to remember it didn't go so well for the "New People".
    Blackcat likes this.
    I deal in lead, friend

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I think I read a novel by Dean Koontz that resembled this. Maybe about 10 years ago. Gonna have to look now. Seem to remember it didn't go so well for the "New People".
    Odd sounds sort of familiar.
    My guess is the whole concept is fragile like walkong a fine edge. So much could be gained but so much could also be lost.
    Either way its "change" a universal constant. So I cant really see it as right or wrong.
    But I kind of like humanity... The spirit the creativity the potential. I would hate to see that forever lost. So I do stand to preserve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
    For all I know I am a programmed demon rat lol :D
    I implied im a work in progress ? Good good... I kind of half figured that I imagined that lol.

Actually I couldnt say for sure if what I know about the data is true or false either. In this age just about anything can be false unless you see it first hand. However as it goes it appears to be legit... I get the information usually from various published papers, books, the scientists involved.

Im by no means an expert though... On one hand I have an ability to learn very fast read and recall large amounts of information. I digest texts. On the other hand... im certifiably mad as a hatter... Or so they tell me
    And once upon a time I would say "im not crazy, im eccentric" :p but I guess I was only partially correct.
    That makes it somewhat awkward keeping my focus. My brain is like a calideascope of broken random whatnot.
    Some days better some days worse.

What I have been up too is conversing via text with a number of scientists from various countries on this subject.
    Exchange of ideas and a little help to point me in the right direction.

Not quite sure what you mean by the "prepping" for this. I was asking in general if and how others might prep. Other than my general prep. Im not really focused on any one speciffic thing.

Now the replies are closer to what I had in mind... I just keep forgetting my point lol
    Much of it is a matter of "ethics and morality" heck theres people that specialize in just that... Ethics and morality in technological advancement.

Like of people could live forever... Should we ? What about resources ? How do we select who lives and who doesnt ?
    What if someone in power uses it to remain in power. Uses other tech to control the population and so on.

For those that believe in god how does this effect the concept. Some say its all gods will... Others say if you create a new body and put your conciousness into it... And live several hundred years are you going against gods plan.

If you rebuild yourself from the ground up and make yourself vastly different from the original human form how do you know its still you ?

And if worst comes to worse I can just build a girlfriend lol :p no... no I probably shouldnt do that lol hmmmm.

If you google the lists of wealthy investors into this technology you will see some pretty interesting names.
    Global elite that are openly trying to live forever are offering huge amounts of cash to anyone that comes up with a final product.

My personal philosophy is nobody should be immortal but every human should be granted a full measure of life free of pain, illness, disease, dibilitating or deadly genetic defects or permanent injury like loss of a limb or sight.

Life extension should be in set numbers of years to those who are suited too it on a case by case basis.
    For example you're a humanitarian that has been working on a project that could improve or save countless lives but you have reached the end of your natural lifespan. You could apply for a second lifespan to continue your work.

On the other hand if you wasted your life living off the system, commiting crimes, generally causing more harm than good... Then no.

We should never progress past a the point of no return. I think this is one major flaw we have in our advancemen (we march blindly forward with no regard to the outcome) There should always be a way to recover and go back to square one if we really eff things up.

I think as we are getting into an age where technology is advancing rapidly and a good amount of it could possibly be a danger to the human species. Such experiments should be done "offworld" there should be a space station someday set up for research into areas like matter or viruses or sentient machines.

Warning The Truth Follows - There has been a well and long pursued plan to corrupt and control the bloodline of Man beginning in the book of Genesis. The depths of this deceit was revealed in Genesis 6 with the fallen angels breeding with woman and creating Nephilim. The agenda continues today, however the depths and disguises remain predominately an hidden agenda. In time it will be revealed, at least to some extent. Nonetheless, after a 7 year Tribulation the battle of Armageddon will occur and the deceit will end in failure eternal damnation for the Enemy. Details in the Book.
    Blackcat and Denton like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Warning The Truth Follows - There has been a well and long pursued plan to corrupt and control the bloodline of Man beginning in the book of Genesis. The depths of this deceit was revealed in Genesis 6 with the fallen angels breeding with woman and creating Nephilim. The agenda continues today, however the depths and disguises remain predominately an hidden agenda. In time it will be revealed, at least to some extent. Nonetheless, after a 7 year Tribulation the battle of Armageddon will occur and the deceit will end in failure eternal damnation for the Enemy. Details in the Book.
    Now that is interesting. Read it... Its actually rather facinating. Cant say I have an opinion on it one way or another or perhaps I just cant say.
    Possible... If you believe then yes even if you dont its still possible. Dont need angles or demons or giant hybrids to do this. Greed of man is enough. But yes either way you look at it.

Its funny someone recently asked me if I was a nephalim lol :p

I suppose it depends on your deffinition of "control and corrupt" as well.

That is also largely what I meant by the religious implications and how it can make a non believer question.
    A Watchman likes this.

The Megiddo Valley has been the setting for many battles of Israel
    Last edited by AquaHull; 10-18-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    Blackcat likes this.

Oh a watchman I meant to ask of you could ellaborate more... This is one of the "thoughts" im searching for.

Super Moderator

Transhumanism.

For those who prefer to believe the lie of living forever in this flesh. For those who would sell there souls. That is to say, for the weak and afraid of the wrong forces.
    A Watchman and Blackcat like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I knew I could find it Blackcat. Dean Koontz. Midnight.

The citizens of Moonlight Cove, California, are changing. Some are losing touch with their deepest emotions. Others are surrendering to their wildest urges. And the few who remain unchanged are absolutely terrified–if not brutally murdered in the dead of night.

Anyways. hijack over.
    Blackcat likes this.
    I deal in lead, friend

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links