Buying American Made.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Buying American Made.

This is a discussion on Buying American Made. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Does anybody practice this anymore? I've fallen off the wagon but have been making efforts to buy only items, made in america. There are a ...

Buying American Made.

Does anybody practice this anymore? I've fallen off the wagon but have been making efforts to buy only items, made in america. There are a lot of quality products out there and and extra buck here and there isn't going to break anybody's bank. Of course, live within your means by whatever way necessary, but if you see a product made in China and there is a Made in USA one next to it for a .50 cent difference...is it really going to hurt ya?

Our economy is a failure, but we can do things in our power to help out, even if it is insignificant to you, if the us population bought just a few more usa made products, it could help make the impending recession/depression, a little less recessiony/depressiony....those are just my thoughts on it.

Try and buy one or two more USA made items, and try and get friends and family to do the same. Little things add up!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Re: Buying American Made.

I was thinking about this a few nights ago and I agree totally with you. The owners of the forums should start a topic or list with all the American made products out there. I try to buy as much as I can that is American made.

I think Magpul products are all made in the USA, and I'm a big fan of them!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you are looking for a new pair of boots, americanmadeboots.com sells only boots made in the U.S.
    "I don't know what weapons will be used in World War Three, but in World War Four they will use sticks and stones."
    Albert Einstein
    Hidden Content

Briggs and Stratton. Ok, nobody comment on that one. lol. No seriously, I have heard people say negative things about their engines, BUT I have never personally experienced issues (Knocking on wood). With anything, you'll have flaws with eventually. Still, I perfer to buy American Made! Great thread!

I do buy American made products. The problem is, that just because it says "Made In The USA" doesn't mean it is anymore. So many products are made elsewhere and stamped "Made In the USA". We have always owned either Dodge, Ford, or Chevy automobiles.
    I buy Cooper Tires. I heard that they are the only USA made tires anymore. Don't know if that's true.
    It would be very nice to know what companies have truly American made products. I would buy them. When I buy American made, I feel like I may have helped someone keep their job today.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

I found this link. http://www.madeinusa.org
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin

New Balance Shoes are definitely made in the USA, so I just picked up a pair of them today USA all the Way!

its good to do what we can but the most important this is to stop voting in people who want to over regulate and we need to stop thinking we are entitled to things we want from our employers watch this video - Peter Schiff speaks at Congress on Capital Hill he does a dam good job explining why our jobs are going over seas

Last edited by thomasdangerpowers; 06-22-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amym505 View Post
    I do buy American made products. The problem is, that just because it says "Made In The USA" doesn't mean it is anymore. So many products are made elsewhere and stamped "Made In the USA". We have always owned either Dodge, Ford, or Chevy automobiles.
    I buy Cooper Tires. I heard that they are the only USA made tires anymore. Don't know if that's true.
    It would be very nice to know what companies have truly American made products. I would buy them. When I buy American made, I feel like I may have helped someone keep their job today.
    I agree. Here's something to think about. A while back I read about a large purchase of mowers or tractors were being protested because they were "Komatsu" brand. After some debate and perhaps embarrassment the purchase order was changed and a comparable "John Deere" brand mower was substituted for the original piece of equipment. Here's the thing... The Komatsu item was a foreign brand manufactured in the U.S. so the jobs stay here but the profits go abroad, and the John Deere product is a U.S. brand but this particular model was manufactured in Asia, so the profits stay here but the jobs go abroad. I know brand loyalty is strong but what do we really want? The jobs or the the profit? With the profits, they may or may not be put to use to great benefit, with the jobs certainly there will be a benefit. Something to think about. Toyota Tundras are made here in Texas and soon Jeeps will be made in China.

punch

Sponsored Links