Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Computer Software Prepping needs? Thumbdrive OS essentials

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Demitri.14 
#1 · (Edited)
Someone started a thread a few days ago about possibly selling a software suite with that will upwards of $200 and will require a Windows based Computer. I don't want to muck up his thread so I'm starting this one.

I firmly believe that Microsoft and Apple are just as terrible as any Government. They spy on you and they control you by making you think that they are the only options.

I want to put together a Linux Distro ONLY that is Opensource (Which is more secure than Windows & MAc) that is completely free from Microsoft, Apple and Governmental perversion. This would most likely be FREE or donation based in order to get a hard copy of the complete distro. I wouldn't make any money from it at all. I know that the Linux community can do this.

Ideally, I'd like this to be able to be ran from a Live thumb drive and you'll have the option to install it onto a PC. What this means is that no matter what PC you're on, if you have the Thumb drive, you can use your secure Operating system that is stored on the Thumbdrive. You'll be able to pick up any PC, boot it form the thumbstick and you'll never have to worry about windows or Mac. If your PC breaks, all you'll need to do is pick up another one.

What I'm going to need from all of you is suggestions for what You as a prepper would need from a Computer after your version of SHTF hits.

If you're familiar with Linux/Ubuntu/KDE or whatever give me specific programs you'd like to see included.

Some initial suggestions are:

Almanacs for water fall
optimal growth seasons
useful calculators & and conversions

See less See more
#2 ·
What I'm going to need from all of you is suggestions for what You as a prepper would need from a Computer after your version of SHTF hits.
Umm. Nothing really.

I suppose I could understand not liking windows. But if the S has already HTF. Why are you worried about what OS this PC has? All that matters (assuming that you can still power it) is that you get the data you wish to review.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.