What will it take to re-implement the death penalty nation wide?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What will it take to re-implement the death penalty nation wide? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have always supported the death penalty. Too many logical reasons that it makes sense for such cases as the individual below. Man pleads guilty ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What will it take to re-implement the death penalty nation wide?

I have always supported the death penalty. Too many logical reasons that it makes sense for such cases as the individual below.

Man pleads guilty to killing 5 relatives with meat cleaver

Doesn't this classify as a mass murder?
    Where are the 24-hour news channels talking about this?

Oh right... he didn't use a gun. Must not really be evil then. My bad.
    RedLion, Slippy and 6811 like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Doesn't this classify as a mass murder?
    Where are the 24-hour news channels talking about this?

Oh right... he didn't use a gun. Must not really be evil then. My bad.
    Yep and you are correct. It defies that anti's narrative.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The headlines always draw attention from the one main fact. It's always added with a meat cleaver, an assault weapon, a handgun etc. The instrument used is irrelevant IMO. The man killed, taking innocent lives. The only punishment is death once proven beyond a reasonable doubt. He shouldn't be allowed to life the next 20 years while the lawyers play their games. I'm sure the dead would love to have another 20 years of life.
    Slippy likes this.

Jeez...It was just a damn meat cleaver people. It didn't mean no harm. Its not like it was an...(que the scary music)...an ASSAULT RIFLE! GASP! Plus it was a "Hardworking well meaning just trying to make a better life for himself" immigrant. I'm sure Mingdong Chen was a good boy and starting college in the fall. WOULD YOU RACISTS STOP BEING SO MEAN!
    6811 likes this.

I am very torn when it comes to the death penalty. being from ILLannoyed, I've seen way too many prisoners up there get released after 10-30 years due to DNA testing
    saying, "Oops, wrong guy." I see a fundamental flaw in the justice system. It appears the system is not interested in the truth, just finding someone guilty or innocent. The state gets to spend as much money as it wants, the accused only gets to spend what he has.
    Then there are the nut jobs who say they committed a crime for the publicity (like I said, nut jobs).
    If we reinstate the death penalty, I feel it should be for a crime where there is no question of guilt. It should be carried out quickly. IMHO
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

There are a LOT of principles and values instituted by our Founding Fathers which we no longer seem to cherish or uphold. The death penalty is one of them. How will we get back to them? I'm not sure we can, absent regime change. I don't think we can get there as a whole, therefore we're looking at secession, which was tried before, so that leaves us with Balkanization.

The Good Cop

The death penalty has been perverted all out of shape by the ACLU and other liberal institutions.
    Save tax dollars that could be better spent elsewhere and just give them life without parole.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

For most of my life I was a strong proponent of the death penalty but not anymore. As far as I am concerned they have taken away the punishment part and simply put you to sleep. kinda like going into surgery, just go nite nite.
    I believe a life sentence is a far more punishing.
    You build on failure, you use it as a stepping stone.
    Johnny Cash.

I'm still a proponent of the death penalty. I no longer wish for criminals to suffer. That was back in my younger days.
    Now, I just want closure. I just want them gone. No parole, no food, no breath. Just dead. I don't care how painless it is.
    They just need to be removed from existence.
    6811 likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links