Strange shooting here last night - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Strange shooting here last night

This is a discussion on Strange shooting here last night within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Bigwheel called it just like I would. Back up in the corner, . . . behind the bed (they'll absorb a bunch of ammo, . ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Strange shooting here last night

Bigwheel called it just like I would.

Back up in the corner, . . . behind the bed (they'll absorb a bunch of ammo, . . . protecting you), . . . and when the BG comes in the door, . . . one hits em in the face with the million candlepower floodlight, . . . the other makes the decision of how many shotgun shells to expend.

Remember that anything inside of about 30 feet, . . . even #8 birdshot acts like a disheveled slug, . . . ER doctors will hate you, . . . but usually they don't make it that far.

There really ain't nothing out there beyond that bedroom of mine that it worth risking my life for, . . . it's just me and the Mrs in the house now days.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Blackcat likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Nobody eats my tocos and lives to tell about it!
    Slippy and darsk20 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
    Nobody eats my tocos and lives to tell about it!
    For the youngsters involved in Government Schooling; Tocos are the Canadian Spelling and Pronunciation of the popular Mexican food, Tacos.
    darsk20, Blackcat and 8301 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    For the youngsters involved in Government Schooling; Tocos are the Canadian Spelling and Pronunciation of the popular Mexican food, Tacos.
    Thanks for the heads up. Last time I was that far north, they only spoke French Canadian and never got to bring up tacos, but I did find a heck of a hamburger joint and good beer.
    Slippy and Blackcat like this.

The Good Cop

I can not understand why everyone does not have a dog.
    Not to attack an intruder, but to give warning before an intruder even makes it to the door. My dogs go off if anyone so much as pulls up to the gate (150 feet from the house) when they are inside.

Several years ago, there was a rash of daytime burglaries around here. Got some guns from my neighbor. We have never been bothered, maybe it's because whenever we leave the house we lock the dogs inside.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 10-05-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    Slippy, Blackcat and Renec like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    i can not understand why everyone does not have a dog.
    Not to attack an intruder, but to give warning before an intruder even makes it to the door. My dogs go off if anyone so much as pulls up to the gate (150 feet from the house) when they are inside.

Several years ago, there was a rash of daytime burglaries around here. Got some guns from my neighbor. We have never been bothered, maybe it's because whenever we leave the house we lock the dogs inside.
    EXPERT WATCH DOG for sale $1,000,000.99
    (Guaranteed!)
    Attachment 13087

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I can not understand why everyone does not have a dog.

My dog goes off all the time. She's a bloodhound Pitt bull mix she's a sweetheart. It amazes me, she doesn't look out the window but knows the neighbor is walking her chihuahua out on the street and barks at it without looking, I guess she smells it. She doesn't even look.

Super Moderator

I bet you 10 bucks they didn't pick up the shells. Find them and you'll know where they were shooting and what they were shooting.

Also, have you ever considered a home alarm. Like one the chirps when a door or window is breached?
    Blackcat likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Rotflmao TACO lol sorry, d*mn touchscreen :p

We have dogs but idk if I consider them reliable for anything.
    One is completely blind and mostly def. He WAS the good gaurd dog. The other is dumb as a sack of hammers.
    They bark at every little thing... But I mentioned in another thread the time a couple jehovas witnesses came to the homestead and snuck up on me while I was welding. The dogs didnt make a sound.

An alarm never really occured to me... Idk why.
    Mind you... A while back I walked into a dollar store and they had a shelf by the door with all these little plastic toy cows that had motion sensors.
    When you walked by they start mooing loud and wouldnt shut up lol. One dollar each so I bought a whole bunch of them and figured they might make a good motion alarm for my old house in town.

So on night I set a few of them up in key places. I was living alone at the time. They were in a hallway with no other motion or anything that might set them off. I went to bed... About an hour later I woke up to the sound of them all going off. Kind of weirded me out, grabbed my gun and went to have a look. It was a false alarm... But still strange. I still dont know what set them all off.

Some remote alarms would be good around here im going to see what I can come up with on a budget.

I was thinking about this bed mattress thing. How is that supposed to have much effect on a bullet ? Are we talking solod foam or memory foam mattresses ? Because mine is just basically fabric over a frame of springs. It really doesnt seem like something that would slow a bullet much.
    Slippy likes this.

So just an update on this...
    The young woman up the trail from here sent me a text saying she saw some fresh tracks going off the road near her place and it made her dog growl and freek out a bit. So today I went for a ride to have a look.

I found the tracks (barely noticeable) and followed them for a bit. Then I thought "if I was not from around here and wanted to do some shooting where would I go ? " Sure enough, right where I figured it would be I found a number of fresh 7.62x39 surplus casings and a few duds with hammer strikes. Now im completely certain of my earlier guess that it sounded like an sks.

The casings were fresh. Mine rust in about 2-3 days outside, these were pristine. I gathered them all up (because I tend to scavenge anything of use) why cant people drop something more interesting like a pile of starline lol :D

I found a small toy that looked like it was a target and I picked that up too because I generally cant stand litter.

Judging by the tracks the truck drove in parallel to the area they were shooting. It seems they probably shot from the back of the truck, then did a three point turn and drove away. The ground was too hard for human tracks and the truck tracks were barely visible but there was a number of dog tracks (fresh kicked up dirt rather than impressions)

There is a few signs next to where the truck parked, specifically "private property, no hunting, no shooting, no trespassing"
    In the direction of fire a few hundred yards over the hill is the family in tents.

After that I went for a stroll with my .22 looking for squirrels or grouse or whatever for dinner. Found a smelly wolf carcass, tied it to my atv with barbed wire and dragged it home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links