Tent Cots
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tent Cots

This is a discussion on Tent Cots within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I've been camping all my life in either tents or big motor homes....I have never seen one of these until yesterday. Young couple camping a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Tent Cots

Tent Cots

I've been camping all my life in either tents or big motor homes....I have never seen one of these until yesterday. Young couple camping a site next to us stopped into my site to ask for a little help with something. When I went to their site I saw this setup. Looked awesome. Not very lite but supposedly sets up real fast and they said it was really comfortable. I think for winter camping it would be great. YouTube has a few vids out there on em.

Kamp-Rite® Double Tent Cot | Kamp-Rite - The World Leader in Off-the-Ground Camping Gear.
    Slippy, MI.oldguy and darsk20 like this.

That would be pretty cool for some protracted camping. If you are gonna be out there for a while it would be worth the weight. It's more like a portable pop-up trailer.

BTW: I like your screen name.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!!!!!!!!!

Retired Moderator

51 lbs, I will stick with my hammock. For some of the younger folks that would be nice.
    6811 and darsk20 like this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

they sell this one also, but you can seperate the bivy from the cot. Same manufacturer.

Kamp-Rite® Compact Tent Cot (CTC) Standard | Kamp-Rite - The World Leader in Off-the-Ground Camping Gear.

Be perfect for camping with the scout troop. We never trek too far in so the weight is not a concern.
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

I like it.

Pretty cool.I have been seeing a lot of those tree hammocks for camping lately in the campground nearby.at least your not sitting on the ground.would even make a comfortable treestand for hunting.

The Truth About Hammock Camping: Claim #1 - Hammocks Are Lighter Than Tents - The Ultimate Hang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tent Cots-tentsile-hammock-tent.jpg  

Auntie and darsk20 like this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

I own one. It is infact, da bomb. I used to do week long supported bicycle trips. Supported in that all your gear not related to riding a bike that day was transported to a pre determined site, all you had to do was ride to that site. When you got there all your gear was waiting for you to set up. I earned the nick name King Komfort, as I tried to make the trip as comfortable as possible. Eventually I bought a tent cot, used it on multiple week long camping trips. I own the deluxe single, it has a domed roof. If you only wanted to use the cot to sleep on and not set up the tent, place a pad over the folded down tent, done. It comes with a pad that is interwoven to the structure over the support tubes. I add a second inflatable pad over top of that for ultimate comfort. Has pouches that hang from the support for incidentals. It folds up into a chase lounge as well if you wanted to do that. Mine is 32" wide, the standard was 25" wide I think. The deluxe has the domed roof and a rain fly. You are 11" off the ground, and if really raining and your gear is not tarped, you can place it under neath your cot and the fly covers all the way to ground. Mine weighs about 34lb, comes with a carry case. Sets up in 30 seconds, takes another 30 seconds to put the fly on. Great for car camping, or any kind of camping where you do not have to move stuff very far. Ventilation is on all 4 sides and you can roll down nylon covers and/or zipper to restrict ventilation or for privacy.

Sounds like the couple encountered had the double wide version. Yes, heavier, but also does the same as my single with a domed roof, fly and lounge.
    Last edited by GasholeWillie; 09-14-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    51 lbs, I will stick with my hammock. For some of the younger folks that would be nice.
    Yeah believe me I wouldn't want to ruck this anywhere.

It would be for car camping, definately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links