Why does it have to be us against them or them against us?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Why does it have to be us against them or them against us? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Aren't we all here for the same reason(s)? To learn new things, to expand our knowledge on things we know a little about, to share ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Why does it have to be us against them or them against us?

Retired Moderator

Aren't we all here for the same reason(s)? To learn new things, to expand our knowledge on things we know a little about, to share information and chat with people who have the same mindset?

We might not agree what we are preparing for, natural disasters, economic collapse, bible philosophies, etc. however, don't we all have the basic goals? Protect and provide for our families in the best way possible.

Every community is going to have the village idiot, the doomsayer, the village drunk and of course the loud mouth. We aren't children, why can't we disagree and discuss things without someone getting their panties in a bunch.

There are some people on this site that I have zero respect for and it wouldn't surprise me if they feel the same way about me. I don't care if someone doesn't like me and they can say so. I would rather they say it to my face than behind my back.

There are some people on here that I look for their posts first because they are straight shooters and seem to have the same core beliefs I do. There is one person on here that can always make me smile no matter what my mood is.

I am irritated and frustrated because it seems some people can ask questions and degrade people and others get in trouble if they do that. I hate double standards! Someone please help me understand what in the hell is going on.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

That's just the way life is.

Auntie, you can thank the federal government, and particularly the LIBERALS, for systematically creating this "us against them" mentality among U.S. citizens.

"Divide and conquer" is one of the oldest forms of control and capitulation there is.

This forum is VERY civil, compared to any other forum I have participated in. I believe that is due to the fact that we are all here because of a very strong common thread that we all share.......prepping.

When you list the DAMAGE that the Obama regime has done to this country over the past 6 1/2 years, is it any wonder that we are all in danger, and this country is being held together with duck tape and baling wire?
    Auntie likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I agree and well said.Even though I haven't been posting much lately,i've still been lurking and must admit that your post are some of my favorites to read.Not just because you are genuinely kind,but you speak your mind in doing so.
    Infidel

Ingroup/outgroup divisions and persecution of the Outgroup is an inherent human tendency - but we can rise above. Here's to Rising Above.

Super Moderator

It goes back to out caveman brains and tribes. We all have a tribe and stick to it. It's the way we are wired. Let's hope we evolve.
    Auntie, PaulS and Salt-N-Pepper like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

None

Most people aren't interested in preparing and possibly feel a bit threatened when reminded that their "perfect world" may come crashing down if the SHTF. We as people who like a little "insurance" against disaster make them worry about something they would rather ignore. Plus we understand that we will require the ability to protect the life saving supplies we had the foresight to stock up on so we usually keep a gun or two and practice with these weapons, always threating in out liberal society.

I'd feel much better if I knew my friends and neighbors were prepared but to bring the topic up usually results in a halt in the conversation so while I am more that willing to discuss prepping with friends and neighbors they are the ones who often put up the wall. And since I simply can't supply food and heat for everyone I will take a slight "leave my preps alone" attitude if they are ever needed. They are adults who can choose to "buy a little insurance" but once it's too late then it will be to late for those who did not prepare. I only feel bad for their young children.
    Auntie and dwight55 like this.

Auntie my dear,

One of my theories of life (and the title of my never to be published 3rd book) is; "We Never Really Leave The 7th Grade". But I digress...

Most of us probably attended School from Grades K-12, Some of us played sports or participated in group activities. Some went to college, to the military or directly to workforce. Many are members of churches and community organizations. Some are in Corporate jobs, others are self employed or contractors, some are unemployed and some are retired.

We see this in darn near every group that we've ever been involved. The difference in me and Chipper is that it takes him 6 words and me...more...to say the same thing.

That's just the way life is.

I have reserved my feelings, but you ask an honest question .....
    Auntie, I feel that there is a fine unwritten line, and when some people cross that line, they get "clintoned"
    Others cross a line, and get a scolding.
    I don't know all the facts, but friends are friends.
    If speaking out and questioning authority, are not allowed, then so be it.
    I think some scabs are best left unpicked.
    Do I like the results? No.
    Do I stop visiting p.f. ? No, not as of yet.
    Do I post as much as I used to? No.
    jeff70 likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Auntie, I have always enjoyed your posts. They are honest and forthright. One can not ask for more out of people I am thinking. Groups will always be around in some form or other I suppose. It is human nature, in fact, it is nature. Unless, as suggested, we evolve but I am seeing regression rather then progression. Now, has anyone applied for the position of town drunk in this town of yours?
    Sharkbait, Auntie and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links