Why does it have to be us against them or them against us? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why does it have to be us against them or them against us?

This is a discussion on Why does it have to be us against them or them against us? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Auntie, very well said and I hope that the forum members will consider what you said prior to spouting rhetoric...JM2C...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Why does it have to be us against them or them against us?

  1. #21
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,067
    Auntie, very well said and I hope that the forum members will consider what you said prior to spouting rhetoric...JM2C
    Auntie likes this.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away...Support the Second Amendment!

  2. #22
    Retired Moderator


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I have reserved my feelings, but you ask an honest question .....
    Auntie, I feel that there is a fine unwritten line, and when some people cross that line, they get "clintoned"
    Others cross a line, and get a scolding.
    I don't know all the facts, but friends are friends.
    If speaking out and questioning authority, are not allowed, then so be it.
    I think some scabs are best left unpicked.
    Do I like the results? No.
    Do I stop visiting p.f. ? No, not as of yet.
    Do I post as much as I used to? No.
    What would make it so that you would post more?

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotFlamethrower View Post
    Just when I thought we were all going to sit around the campfire, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya, Maine-Marine throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

    And I was really looking forward to the S'mores.
    I can't make smores what if someone is diabetic or gluten intolerant or doesn't like marshmallows? I also don't know the words to Kumbaya. However, I do know the words to Get up, Stand up.
    Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights! Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    If your values, freedoms, rights are not important then you don't have to choose between us or them. You can straddle the fence or throw chance to the wind and take what comes your way, just remember than if you straddle the fence and your footing slips it could end up being painful when that fencing bites your butt. IMO, that has been the problem for many years in this country, to many took the easy way and just went along and didn't choose, now we are paying the piper.
    I have always been a fence jumper, I am not good at biting my tongue. I do think a few people on here have very sore bums!

    I can't even imagine what this country would be like if people didn't get so complacent. Now people are starting to remember 'we the people', I often wonder if it is to late to climb back up the slope we have been sliding down.

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotFlamethrower View Post
    Auntie, you can thank the federal government, and particularly the LIBERALS, for systematically creating this "us against them" mentality among U.S. citizens.

    "Divide and conquer" is one of the oldest forms of control and capitulation there is.

    This forum is VERY civil, compared to any other forum I have participated in. I believe that is due to the fact that we are all here because of a very strong common thread that we all share.......prepping.

    When you list the DAMAGE that the Obama regime has done to this country over the past 6 1/2 years, is it any wonder that we are all in danger, and this country is being held together with duck tape and baling wire?
    I agree this forum has a great group of people with varied areas of expertise. It hurts me to see some of that expertise be tossed aside like yesterdays newspaper.

    As far as this country Obama was supposed to bring hope and change. Well we have a more divided country and as far as hope well we can hope that we can dig out of the hole we are in now. Change, the good news is that there will be a change in the leadership of this country but will it be soon enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Auntie, I have always enjoyed your posts. They are honest and forthright. One can not ask for more out of people I am thinking. Groups will always be around in some form or other I suppose. It is human nature, in fact, it is nature. Unless, as suggested, we evolve but I am seeing regression rather then progression. Now, has anyone applied for the position of town drunk in this town of yours?
    Sorry Prepared One but the position of town drunk is appointed no applications can be accepted. Perhaps we should have a democratic vote I think we all know who will be appointed as the religious zealot.

    Seriously am I the only one who gives everyone a position? I am of course the crazy auntie! I am sure we all know who the black sheep of the community is. Am I allowed to say black sheep or are the PC police around again?

    To answer the question that some of you may be wondering, the only thing I have been drinking is coffee and no even though I live in CO I do not partake of the legal herbage.
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

  3. #23
    Retired Moderator


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,047
    Yikes sorry it was so long. I should have broken it up a bit, however, I had a few things to say.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SE WA.
    Posts
    6,086
    Auntie,
    You have a good head on your shoulders and a great heart. You do your share of critical thinking and we are the richer for it. (danger generalization coming) As a woman you have your heart wrapped around those you care about. I believe that is the way It should be but I am also aware that you can get hurt by both the actions of those you care about and the consequences they have to accept for their actions. Being here, on this forum, is like being in someone else's home. They (the owners) decide what is and is not acceptable behaviors and we either accept that or they can tell us not to come back. No system involving humans is ever going to be perfect but then if it was perfect we wouldn't be here because we can't live up to perfect.

    Sometimes you have to look past the stuff others do and just remain true to yourself even if it means breaking the rules. Other times you can let the crap roll off your back because it isn't important enough to express and ignoring it doesn't compromise yourself. Sometimes it is a conflict from a misunderstanding or an opinion formed over something that just shouldn't have happened but did. Life is like that and the only thing we have control over is how we respond. We all have strong feelings that are important to us but they are rarely shared and sometimes they are a source of differences that go directly to our core. It is best to agree to disagree because there are somethings that that cannot be changed, others that must be changed but are only accessible from within.

    The "serenity prayer" used to be a favorite of mine when I was growing up - my mom had it hanging on the living room wall. It's the one that AA uses:
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Now that is from memory so it might not be a "correct" quote but it gets the idea across.
    Live your life with joy, fight when you must, and know when to walk away.

    My mom also used to define important matters by asking, "how important will it be in ten years?" More often than not the things we get upset about won't make any difference with the passage of time.

    I have come to care about some of the people on this board, and you are one of those people. Please be as kind to yourself as you are to others - you are worth it.
    Paul



    Auntie, sideKahr, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

  6. #25
    Retired Moderator


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    Auntie,
    You have a good head on your shoulders and a great heart. You do your share of critical thinking and we are the richer for it. (danger generalization coming) As a woman you have your heart wrapped around those you care about. I believe that is the way It should be but I am also aware that you can get hurt by both the actions of those you care about and the consequences they have to accept for their actions. Being here, on this forum, is like being in someone else's home. They (the owners) decide what is and is not acceptable behaviors and we either accept that or they can tell us not to come back. No system involving humans is ever going to be perfect but then if it was perfect we wouldn't be here because we can't live up to perfect.

    Sometimes you have to look past the stuff others do and just remain true to yourself even if it means breaking the rules. Other times you can let the crap roll off your back because it isn't important enough to express and ignoring it doesn't compromise yourself. Sometimes it is a conflict from a misunderstanding or an opinion formed over something that just shouldn't have happened but did. Life is like that and the only thing we have control over is how we respond. We all have strong feelings that are important to us but they are rarely shared and sometimes they are a source of differences that go directly to our core. It is best to agree to disagree because there are somethings that that cannot be changed, others that must be changed but are only accessible from within.

    The "serenity prayer" used to be a favorite of mine when I was growing up - my mom had it hanging on the living room wall. It's the one that AA uses:
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Now that is from memory so it might not be a "correct" quote but it gets the idea across.
    Live your life with joy, fight when you must, and know when to walk away.

    My mom also used to define important matters by asking, "how important will it be in ten years?" More often than not the things we get upset about won't make any difference with the passage of time.

    I have come to care about some of the people on this board, and you are one of those people. Please be as kind to yourself as you are to others - you are worth it.
    Paul
    The serenity prayer is on my fridge. I agree sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war. Isn't complacency part of the problem in the world? No one seems to stand up and say - What? Why? I am out spoken sometimes, there are a few things I am very passionate about. Sometimes it gets me into trouble, sometimes it makes a small change. If there are enough small changes then the world would be a better place. Next to the serenity prayer is another famous saying "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."

    As I mentioned I am passionate about a few things, being a good Christian woman, what I perceive to be a twisting of words or verses, speaking up when I see an inequity, and abuse. There are more but these are the ones that pertain to my current thread.

    I have been seeing a lot of double standards and retribution that doesn't seem to fit the wrong doing. I am sure there is more going on behind the curtain so I don't understand why this is happening. There are a few people that keep crossing the line and they are still here. Someone says one thing and they are now gone.

    I understand the pot stirrers getting a time out, but shouldn't all pot stirrers get a time out? I suppose since I am asking these questions I will now be considered a pot stirrer.

    I am not so naive as to ask 'why can't we all just get along'. We are all humans and we have emotions and sometimes they get the best of us. We as a community will always have disagreements and not see eye to eye. So we chose to keep up the debate and try to get our point understood, not necessarily to change the other persons point of view or lay down the ruler and leave the conversation.

    I can only bite my tongue for so long until it really starts to hurt, then I have to say something. So I have had my say and hope that it has planted a little seed that will grow and others will realize the double standard that seems to exist.

    I appreciate the kind words Paul, I like your approach, ideas and have respect for you. Hopefully we will be able to converse in the future You sir in my opinion are the mediator and voice of reason in this community.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

  7. #26
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Corner
    Posts
    4,044
    I have a couple internet terrierists on my ignore list and all is calm here.
    I've been away for about 5 days, so who got banned lately?
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

  8. #27
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Corner
    Posts
    4,044
    Whoops, never mind! just found a couple of them in another thread!.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

  9. #28
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Much like you, I do not care if people on here like me or not or agree with me or not. I am going to say what I think to be true regardless.

    The STRAIGHT SHOOTERS are the ones that agree with you, the LOUD MOUTHS are the ones with an opposite opinion.

    At the end of the day..I pray with my family at dinner, enjoy a meal, talk about the day, play with the kids and tuck them in...

    This is a fun distraction at times.. and I would hope that at least some of my post are helpful...and others thought provoking...

    I also have learned a few things here...

    overall I like this place and most of the people.. there are no folks that I hate..there are a few that I strongly disagree with Pauls, hawgriders. Slewfoot and of course Slippy.. I am not sure why Slippy even comes around here.. he is a democratic operative and his only reason for being here is to boost his pike and marriage counseling business...

    but even the folks I disagree with I respect their right to voice an opinion and they are thought provoking (well not hawgrider - he is on permanent ignore)
    Hey I see you got your prescription of Richard pills refilled. You must really love me I see you just can't stop talking about me.

    Better take a nitro pill too before you give yourself a heart attack.

    dsdmmat likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  10. #29
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,238
    This place has been going down the tubes for a very long time. Threads that are created for obvious trolling are allowed to remain open and the originators of them are not banned. Then people are banned for no apparent reason other than it was Tuesday.

    I come here for comic relief now, very little useful information is posted here anymore.
    Auntie and hawgrider like this.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

  11. #30
    Retired Moderator


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    This place has been going down the tubes for a very long time. Threads that are created for obvious trolling are allowed to remain open and the originators of them are not banned. Then people are banned for no apparent reason other than it was Tuesday.

    I come here for comic relief now, very little useful information is posted here anymore.
    There have been some informative threads, I suppose those could have been about things you don't care about or know about already. What kind of threads would you like to see?
    Last edited by Auntie; 07-17-2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

 

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

some scabs better left unpicked

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Back to Top