Why does it have to be us against them or them against us? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why does it have to be us against them or them against us?

This is a discussion on Why does it have to be us against them or them against us? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I don't know, but it seems this place is getting slower....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Why does it have to be us against them or them against us?

I don't know, but it seems this place is getting slower.

Much like you, I do not care if people on here like me or not or agree with me or not. I am going to say what I think to be true regardless.

The STRAIGHT SHOOTERS are the ones that agree with you, the LOUD MOUTHS are the ones with an opposite opinion.

At the end of the day..I pray with my family at dinner, enjoy a meal, talk about the day, play with the kids and tuck them in...

This is a fun distraction at times.. and I would hope that at least some of my post are helpful...and others thought provoking...

I also have learned a few things here...

overall I like this place and most of the people.. there are no folks that I hate..there are a few that I strongly disagree with Pauls, hawgriders. Slewfoot and of course Slippy.. I am not sure why Slippy even comes around here.. he is a democratic operative and his only reason for being here is to boost his pike and marriage counseling business...

but even the folks I disagree with I respect their right to voice an opinion and they are thought provoking (well not hawrider - he is on permanent ignore)
    Slippy and Denton like this.

If your talking about politics then I completely understand. Since Gore/Bush its seemed like people can't have a civil discussion with opposite viewpoints. I think its mostly pride and immaturity that makes us this way, there's no way you can allow the other side to be better than your side.
    Denton and Auntie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Just when I thought we were all going to sit around the campfire, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya, Maine-Marine throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

And I was really looking forward to the S'mores.

If your values, freedoms, rights are not important then you don't have to choose between us or them. You can straddle the fence or throw chance to the wind and take what comes your way, just remember than if you straddle the fence and your footing slips it could end up being painful when that fencing bites your butt. IMO, that has been the problem for many years in this country, to many took the easy way and just went along and didn't choose, now we are paying the piper.

If the people here were like most people you meet, who don't want to offend and who won't discuss religion or politics, etc then I wouldn't come here. I like healthy disagreements, as long as they remain fact based and POLITE.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    If the people here were like most people you meet, who don't want to offend and who won't discuss religion or politics, etc then I wouldn't come here. I like healthy disagreements, as long as they remain fact based and POLITE.
    That... I like a good discussion...
    Mish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    Aren't we all here for the same reason(s)? To learn new things, to expand our knowledge on things we know a little about, to share information and chat with people who have the same mindset?

We might not agree what we are preparing for, natural disasters, economic collapse, bible philosophies, etc. however, don't we all have the basic goals? Protect and provide for our families in the best way possible.

Every community is going to have the village idiot, the doomsayer, the village drunk and of course the loud mouth. We aren't children, why can't we disagree and discuss things without someone getting their panties in a bunch.

There are some people on this site that I have zero respect for and it wouldn't surprise me if they feel the same way about me. I don't care if someone doesn't like me and they can say so. I would rather they say it to my face than behind my back.

There are some people on here that I look for their posts first because they are straight shooters and seem to have the same core beliefs I do. There is one person on here that can always make me smile no matter what my mood is.

I am irritated and frustrated because it seems some people can ask questions and degrade people and others get in trouble if they do that. I hate double standards! Someone please help me understand what in the hell is going on.
    I can not believe you are calling me out like this, (village idiot, the doomsayer, the village drunk and of course the loud mouth)
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alterego View Post
    I can not believe you are calling me out like this, (village idiot, the doomsayer, the village drunk and of course the loud mouth)
    I thought she was referring to me

Retired Moderator

Sorry I have been gone all day, it was supposed to be a quick trip to town Things didn't go as planned it all started with the almost flat tire...it ended with us getting six free ducks. I need to grab a bite to eat and then will catch up with every ones comments.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links