Global Warming? - What Happened?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Global Warming? - What Happened? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Here's some reading for your warmist friends (the few that can read, comprehension is another matter). Scientists predict 'mini ice age' will hit in 15 ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Global Warming? - What Happened?

Here's some reading for your warmist friends (the few that can read, comprehension is another matter).

Scientists predict 'mini ice age' will hit in 15 years - AOL.com

On one hand, there's the consensus of 95%+ of the scientific community, about one phenomenon related to the accumulation of greenhouse gases.

On the other, we have one scientist who's done a simulation study of an entirely different phenomenon, solar cycling.

These phenomena are not causally related; so both could be accurate in how each will affect the system. In fact, the only thing they have in common is they affect a common outcome (climate).

If you take this as a reversal of climate science, or a disputation of the effects of greenhouse gases, I suggest you read a little deeper...say, beyond the headline.
    TG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    On one hand, there's the consensus of 95%+ of the scientific community, about one phenomenon related to the accumulation of greenhouse gases.

On the other, we have one scientist who's done a simulation study of an entirely different phenomenon, solar cycling.

These phenomena are not causally related; so both could be accurate in how each will affect the system. In fact, the only thing they have in common is they affect a common outcome (climate).

If you take this as a reversal of climate science, or a disputation of the effects of greenhouse gases, I suggest you read a little deeper...say, beyond the headline.
    I'll have to read a little deeper later. It's the middle of July, and I need to chop wood and get the fireplace going so the furnace don't kick on. I know, I know, that's weather, not climate.
    Slippy and Snocam like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I think the bigger story here is that AOL still exists! Who knew!!!
    Slippy, Dalarast, csi-tech and 3 others like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

[QUOTE=topgun;306672]I'll have to read a little deeper later. It's the middle of July, and I need to chop wood and get the fireplace going so the furnace don't kick on. I know, I know, that's weather, not climate.[/QUOTE

.......Are you still are under the impression that the global climate change theory predicts warming in all places at all times? Rather than an increase in *average* global temperature, and increase in extreme weather events world-wide, and *disruptions* of highly varied descriptions in different places, which is what the theory actually predicts? Yes, seriously, please Do read deeper; and not *only* from the minority sources that agree with your original position.

(By the way, the blanket insults against anyone who disagrees with your position do say more about you than about those you insult.)

[QUOTE=Spice;306676]
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    I'll have to read a little deeper later. It's the middle of July, and I need to chop wood and get the fireplace going so the furnace don't kick on. I know, I know, that's weather, not climate.[/QUOTE

.......Are you still are under the impression that the global climate change theory predicts warming in all places at all times? Rather than an increase in *average* global temperature, and increase in extreme weather events world-wide, and *disruptions* of highly varied descriptions in different places, which is what the theory actually predicts? Yes, seriously, please Do read deeper; and not *only* from the minority sources that agree with your original position.

(By the way, the blanket insults against anyone who disagrees with your position do say more about you than about those you insult.)
    Did you really feel insulted by what I said? Would you feel better if only you could express your opinion?

Can I ask you a personal question?

Where are you sending your checks to stop all of this warming stuff?

In the 70's it was cooling and a coming ice age, then it was global warming, now its climate change. Hint we had 4 ice ages before industrialization and each one ended with global warming. Its the sun and how intensely it burns or a variation in orbit (doubtful). Climate change is about control and money. CO2 is plant food. Biology 101 for 3rd graders. By the way the scientific method is not consensus. Consensus was from the dark ages.
    Slippy, topgun and darsk20 like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Freakin hot here at Slippy Lodge today.

I pray for a day that none of my tax dollars go to these warming/cooling/global crap. If some scientist wants to study it on his own dime or paid for by private funds, knock yourself out. None of it has any bearing whatsoever on my life.

Now where are the keys to my big ass honkin' truck?
    topgun and darsk20 like this.

I froze my nertz off last winter. It was colder than a witches tit in a brass bra here and I am so glad that I had three different heating sources. I don't drink the Global Warming/Climate change Kool-Aid.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

This is going to be my last post here on this subject because this whole "global warming", "climate change", "climate disruption" thing isn't really worth very much of my precious time (I still have some beers in the fridge that need my urgent attention).

I just want to say that, here and now, in the REAL world, we have the United States, and even the whole world for that matter, quickly going to hell in a hand basket, as the saying goes. And then we have these "chicken little" clowns running around, claiming we're all doomed, who are more concerned with a percentage of a degree in temperature over centuries. These pseudo, scientific expert clowns feel that's where we should concentrate all of our efforts on this planet to change this dire circumstance, and where we should throw all of our money.

I just gotta ask you folks one question, what's more important, that percentage of a degree over centuries, or that beer in my fridge?

But I'll tell you people what, when my beer starts to suffer from the warming, then, and only then, will it get any of my attention.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links