When did you realize you were a prepper? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

When did you realize you were a prepper?

This is a discussion on When did you realize you were a prepper? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Punch , those 12v batteries don't have much of a wallup. You can buy batteries almost the same as the Trojan's at wallyworld for a ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: When did you realize you were a prepper?

Punch , those 12v batteries don't have much of a wallup. You can buy batteries almost the same as the Trojan's at wallyworld for a lot less. Just use the golf cart T-105 which is the size more then anything else when asking about them. Seems like I heard that they were about $75.00 ea there while my trojen's are about $125 .00 ea. The wind gennie is great, but is NOT dependable. After all, there can be days even months when wind is not available so , most wasted money. Use the money instead to buy batteries and even more solar panels. Go to the link I provided below and see what it takes to do a wind generator tower, and then determine if you really want to do one.

buildingatower
    punch and shotlady like this.

I think I've always been a prepper but didn't realize it till a few years ago.
    shotlady likes this.

Since we live in NJ... as a family man, I understands the desire to provide and protect one’s family. We were born survival.
    shotlady likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have not personally been through a natural disaster. The fact that I want to be prepared is more from the disaster we are facing in our country. Although, hearing about all the displaced family's back east I think it is better to be prepared for anything than to wish you had been.
    shotlady likes this.
    “Do not forget that a traitor within our ranks, known to us, can do more harm to the enemy than a loyal man can do good to us.”

Survival needs are a good investment dollar wise also.
    shotlady likes this.

I started after Hurricane Andrew though we got through it the food choices where limited. I then started investing in long term storage foods, cooking methods not requiring electricity or gas as well as emergency medical supplies more than the standard first aid kits. Firearms I've always had though not a lot those I have serve specific purposes from self defense to hunting needs including small game to large game. I also load my own ammo for everything I shoot and have built up at least a couple years of ammo components.
    shotlady likes this.

[QUOTE=nadja;12156]Punch , those 12v batteries don't have much of a wallup. You can buy batteries almost the same as the Trojan's at wallyworld for a lot less. Just use the golf cart T-105 which is the size more then anything else when asking about them. Seems like I heard that they were about $75.00 ea there while my trojen's are about $125 .00 ea. The wind gennie is great, but is NOT dependable. After all, there can be days even months when wind is not available so , most wasted money. Use the money instead to buy batteries and even more solar panels. Go to the link I provided below and see what it takes to do a wind generator tower, and then determine if you really want to do one.

Well sir you had me googling Wallyworld. If you got a part number or link on these batteries for $75.00 please post it. I see what you mean on the tower issue. Thanks again!

punch

In October of 1989 I was working in Oakland when the quake hit. Was very busy for several weeks. Once I got home and settled out I realized that I had a tent trailer in the yard that I had emptied when we got home from vacation. I would have provided shelter to my family if things had been worse. After that it stayed stocked with food water and blankets and well as fuel and I went forward from there.
    shotlady likes this.

when i thought calling me an ammo hoarder was too harsh lol
    nadja likes this.

Becoming a mom is what turned me on to the prepper movement. I prep because I don't want my kids/husband to go without in the event of a job loss or if infrastructure breaks down.
    shotlady and nadja like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links