Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Reports of 2 more Mass Shootings - Detroit & Philadelphia

3K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Mad Trapper 
#1 ·
Since late last night, reports of 2 more mass shootings has occurred.
Detroit - 10 Shot, 1 dead.
Philadelphia - 7 Shot with no fatalities reported (kids involved)

My question is why no MSM coverage? The local news reported something but nothing on FOX or MSNBC

Any thoughts?

#4 ·
The only shootings covered nationally are when someone who is Black is shot by someone who is not, other than that they have no interest unless a bunch of people die.

#5 ·
These were both at block parties in Detroit and Philly. The articles only state "a man" opened fire so I'm guessing it was black on black violence. You know the media never wants to report on that. Doesn't fit their agenda. Plus Big O is golfing this weekend he has no time to call this a national tragedy and call for more gun control.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gunman-injures-7-including-2-kids-philly-block-party-article-1.2265630

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/us/one-dead-and-16-injured-after-block-party-shootings-in-detroit-and-philadelphia.html

#7 ·
Because it was probably black on black in a black only neighborhood and the media and Liberals cant get the narrative out of that story that they would like. Now had they been able to confirm the shooter was something other than Black, Muslim or Illegal Alien , that story would be blowing my TV up with the 24/7 coverage we would be inundated with.

I don't know about you but I am seeing another run on Guns, Ammuntion...glad I have stacked reloading components deep the last year or so as it became available.

#9 ·
Gotta love those ghetto block parties! Sometimes they can get a little noisy though, with all the drive-bys and shooting and stuff. Sometimes the gunfire is even louder then the rap songs playing on the boom boxes, if you can believe that. Victims however, still refuse to talk to investigators because we all know the "snitches get stitches" mentality of the ghetto folk.

On the brighter side, in Detroit, on the same day, an armed robber walked into a Coney Island restaurant (hotdogs with meat only chili, mustard and onions for you foreigners) demanding the cash register and waving his pistol at all the customers. A few gun shots later, the robber was laying dead on the floor because one of the employees also happened to have a gun, and by all reports was a much better shot then our deceased robber friend. :)

#10 ·
Since late last night, reports of 2 more mass shootings has occurred.
Detroit - 10 Shot, 1 dead.
Philadelphia - 7 Shot with no fatalities reported (kids involved)
My question is why no MSM coverage? The local news reported something but nothing on FOX or MSNBC
Any thoughts?
FOX is a legitimate national news source, but MSNBC? Are you kidding me? So the 62 people who watch MSNBC do not know about these shootings?

What about CNN or ABC or NBC or CBS? Did any of them report these shootings? Of course not.

Mass shootings only pass national news muster if the shooter is white, and the victims are black, children, and unable, or unwilling, to defend themselves.

#14 ·
Even more often ignored are the stories of citizens shooting back and either causing the criminal to flee or killing them.
Last month in Georgia, a potential mass-shooting was stopped by a citizen carrying a gun. A man entered a liquor store that had taken his ID earlier in the day. He raised a gun and killed the clerk, followed by turning the gun on customers. After receiving return fire, the high-tailed it out of there. The Sheriff credited the armed customer with saving the lives of the others in that store.
Just this morning, our local DFW news channel was reporting a shooting in Dallas that left on of the suspects dead.
The would be robbers attacked 2 people as they were leaving a restaurant. They asked for a light, and then pulled on masks and pulled out a gun. The victim reached for his own gun kept in his car. A shootout occurred, leaving one suspect dead, the other suspect running for the hills, and one victim wounded in non-serious condition.

Will these stories ever reach the national media?
Nope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.