Tool usage in an emergency.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Tool usage in an emergency. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Just a quick FYI. Please make sure that you and your loved ones are all familiar with power tools and sharp edged items in times ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PrepperThyAngus

Thread: Tool usage in an emergency.

Just a quick FYI.
    Please make sure that you and your loved ones are all familiar with power tools and sharp edged items in times of need. My sister's landlord in Jersey recently injured himself while using a chainsaw and later died in the hospital. He was trying to cut a branch high above his head when the branch sprung towards him striking him in the eye. I felt bad but immediately I knew he probably did not know how to safely operate his chainsaw. One of my neighbors wanted to fell one of my trees last year and even after bragging how he could drop it anywhere he wanted, still managed to hit his own house. (I guess you had to be there...)
    Axes, sledge hammers and machetes have a funny way of surprising newbies and veterans as well. A while back here in Texas after hurricane Rita, we had many carbon monoxide related deaths because folks were bringing generators in the house to prevent them from being stolen. Which reminds me to add some chains and padlocks to my list of supplies. Be careful with space heaters too. Be safe all.

Agape!

punch
    Last edited by punch; 11-09-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Sounds like natural selection to me. no offense. Everyone one of those incidents could have been avoided by intelligently planning.
    AquaHull likes this.

I agree. people should be comfortable with the tools they are using but at the same time experienced people have logs kick on them when chainsawing. I know a guy that owns a landscaping company and he almost lost his leg when the saw randomly kicked out.

people need to be careful and watch themselves (and others) at all times.

Sponsored Links