Duggar scandal
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Duggar scandal

This is a discussion on Duggar scandal within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Anyone following this crap?! I never watched the show but the sexual abuse story is everywhere. It's kinda hard to avoid it. Opinions?! http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/31/opinio...iref=obnetwork...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Duggar scandal

Super Moderator

Exclamation Duggar scandal

Anyone following this crap?! I never watched the show but the sexual abuse story is everywhere. It's kinda hard to avoid it. Opinions?!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/31/opinio...iref=obnetwork
    Slippy likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

the parents of the abuser, the church elder and the state police who was told of the incident should all be prosecuted. the parent and the church elder for failing to report the incident and the state police for failing to take action. Also, the laws should change. there should be no statute of limitations on sexual child abuse cases/investigations. it is moronic to put a time limit on cases like these. As for the duggar case, this is nothing new. most sexual child abuse cases go down like this... I know detectives who handled cases where the victim was abused in the early 70's as a child and they are now over 50 years old.
    slewfoot and Medic33 like this.

I don't like the idea of a statute of limitations either but it is the law of the land,
    so I won't waste time over spilled milk. But what about the chief of police releasing
    (somewhat redacted) SEALED juvie files that allowed easy identification of the
    victims. I feel these kids have been assaulted again by the system that it there
    to protect them. I'd like to see the chief and the municipal attorney who said it was
    ok to release the sealed files go to prison. What part about sealed can't they
    understand? My 2 cents.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It is easy to look at a situation and make comments about what people SHOULD have done. It seems though that the parents did what they thought was best for everybody. They did report it and no charges were filed..

I KNOW a boy who was about 12 that touched a girl that was about 12 (the parents never reported it).

We all could have gone on with life if this story never broke (and it should not have).. what I find interesting is that the story of a 18 year old GIRL that sexually assaulted a 15 year old girl had the general public calling for her release and for no charges

this happened more then 10 years ago.. the family had moved on. he was 14 (or 15)... a minor himself...

the folks that released the reports should be jailed and fined (I am betting they got paid)
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

and 1 last comment... he MANNED up and admitted it and said he acted inexcusable... which means without excuse... the "Victims" have even came to his defense..

now compare that to Mark Foley with a 16 year old congressional page, Larry Craig in the airport bathroom, Eliot Spitzer and the expensive prostitute, and Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky

I am not making excuses for him.. what he did was wrong... but i have to wonder if he was just a 14 year old trying to discover girls bodies... he TOUCHED them (whiel they were sleeping)- he did not rape
    Denton and MaterielGeneral like this.

My wife has followed this closely.
    This is another media smear on Christian family values.
    Josh Duggar touched is sister's clothed bodies inappropriately and then felt guilty/ashamed and told on himself to his parents... when he was 14 yrs old.
    The parents, unlike most parents, ensured counseling was done, legal authorities were notified, etc.
    Weeping, repentance, and forgiveness has swept through the family.
    Done.

One of the reasons God let's us have scars is not that we can remember the pain but that we are reminded that we can heal... then someone opens an old wound.

Anyone out there who did not struggle with hormones in there teens and - gasp - not tell someone? Josh's family environment was one that promoted confession and forgiveness.

Meanwhile, let's celebrate Bruce Jenner's new identity crisis and forget about a strong family of 19 and counting to be able to overcome a family crisis as they now must overcome a media crisis.

#moralitymatters
    ... And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.” -- Nehemiah Hidden Content

"Start where you are. Use all you have. Do all you can." -- Pat Williams

The Good Cop

For the sake of my own peace I do not follow, nor care about, stories that do not impact my personal life.
    One of the biggest stress relievers for me was getting rid of the satellite tv dish several years ago. I watch my local tv news each evening, and that's it. My wife does not even do that.
    Bruce Jenner, the Duggars (and yes, when we had Direct TV my wife and I would watch the show), a prison break 1500 miles away, I just don't care.

Oh, and didn't Jesus say "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?
    Slippy, slewfoot, Denton and 2 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I think millions of muslim women and children mutilated, raped, abused, enslaved, and some eventually killed by islamists is much more serious. I think millions of Mexican', El Salvadoran's and Nicauragan's abandoning their children and turning them over to gangs to be imported illegally into the US for the drug trade is much more serious.

I think hundreds of thousands perhaps millions of American babies being killed in the womb every year is much more serious.

I think 74% of black mothers, 30% of white mothers and 50% of hispanic mothers in America giving birth out of wedlock sentencing many of the children to a life of abuse, neglect, lawlessness etc is much more serious. I also think the average age for young girls to get pregnent in certain inner city zip codes is about 15 years old and I think that is disgusting and more serious...

I think that idiots rioting, looting, burning and destroying others lifes and property based on a lie is much more serious.

I think Congress stealing my hard earned money through the threat of imprisonment and giving it to people who choose not to work is much more serious.

I could go on and on...so no, I do not give one rats ass about the duggars. There is more serious stuff to be concerned about and the media wants to divert our attention away from the real issues affecting our populace.

Now have a nice day!

Slip
    Last edited by Slippy; 06-10-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    For the sake of my own peace I do not follow, nor care about, stories that do not impact my personal life.

For the same reasons I do not watch news local or national. As you said "if it don't impact my life I don't care". I read the news paper for my news that way I can skip anything That I don't have an interest in.
    Never watched the duggars nor the show that has Bruce Jenner and that mob of women.
    Slippy and rice paddy daddy like this.
    You build on failure, you use it as a stepping stone.
    Johnny Cash.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    One of the biggest stress relievers for me was getting rid of the satellite tv dish several years ago. I watch my local tv news each evening, and that's it. My wife does not even do that.
    Bruce Jenner, the Duggars (and yes, when we had Direct TV my wife and I would watch the show), a prison break 1500 miles away, I just don't care.

I wish I could talk Wifey into unplugging from cable, but life without the food channel is unthinkable.

You know what amazes me is that people believe the only way to handle things is through the "system." It isn't the only way to handle things. As a matter of fact, it is not even the best way, depending on the family/community. When I was a kid, I would have gladly spent time in jail if it meant my parents and the church to which we belonged never got wind of my behavior.
    Slippy, rice paddy daddy and PaulS like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links