The First few days (weeks)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on The First few days (weeks) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Depending on the event, the first part of the collapse/event/disaster will be the worse.. (there maybe a window to get last minute supplies depending on ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: The First few days (weeks)

Depending on the event, the first part of the collapse/event/disaster will be the worse.. (there maybe a window to get last minute supplies depending on the event - but is it worth the risk if you are a prepper?)

Desperate people do desperate things...When Food or medical supplies get cut off - electric is no more, Money is no good.........BAD THINGS will happen

My plan is to stay at home, cook some pop corn, double check my security measures...and if possible watch the action on TV... I might cut down a few trees (road blocks)

But overall - I do not want to have to fight with joe and jane doe over some extra rice...
    oldgrouch and Boss Dog like this.

I agree. No running to the store for me - I've got what I need. I will use precious time to get family members home, consolidate supplies if needed/oad up if needed, and get security measures in place.
    darsk20 and longrider like this.

I had considered going out and watching, not buying anything, just watching. But then I remember the fun I had in the Rodney King LA Riots and then I decided against it. That was close enough for me, I had a major store (Like at Target Store) looted about 300 yards out my front door. I could write volumes on that experience, the biggest thing I learned was that the line between normal and anarchy is very, very thin and gets crossed easily by those wishing to profit from it.
    Slippy, darsk20, Kauboy and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    I had considered going out and watching, not buying anything, just watching. But then I remember the fun I had in the Rodney King LA Riots and then I decided against it. That was close enough for me, I had a major store (Like at Target Store) looted about 300 yards out my front door. I could write volumes on that experience, the biggest thing I learned was that the line between normal and anarchy is very, very thin and gets crossed easily by those wishing to profit from it.
    Dirk Pitt .. I have read a lot about you from Clive Cussler

Avoiding hysterical mobs is always a good plan. Like a heavy snowfall. Stay in place and do not go out unless it is an unavoidable life or death emergency.
    longrider and BagLady like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

The looting begins about six to twelve hours after the blackout. When would it start in a monetary collapse?
    Lights still work, the cops are still around how long would it take before people started stealing things?

pheniox17 likes this.
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

Its ironic, I rarely go to Walmart BUT...I will admit that when there is a pending ice storm or hurricane and people are rushing to the stores to clean the shelves out like locusts, I have been known to go to a Walmart and check out the mayhem. I've used it as a teaching experience for the youngsters.

When I was in japan... we were told there was a hurricane coming in... now we had several days warning... I stopped at the commissary on the way home to pick up some milk and bread (the storm only last a few days )

there were people there with carts full of ho-hos and ding dongs and coke...
    Slippy and longrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    ding dongs

For me If bugging out is not a possibility, because of my location gardening and water collection are limited. I will have no choice to resort to my stored food/water. I won't be happy about it but I will have to venture out into the chaos. I have a few places in mind for supplies but mostly I will be avoiding the heavily populated stores. If its your first thought to go, its a lot of other peoples as well. Think out side of box, explore in your free time to find hidden distribution centers, mom and pop stores. Anywhere that could ether sell to you, trade with you, or provide supplies once its abandoned.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by topgun Hidden Content
    It ain't easy being an infidel, I mostly just do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed12404 View Post

hidden distribution centers

mom and pop stores.
    Hidden Distribution Centers????? It is possible that the klingons have a cloaking device on a center but ......

Mom and Pop - chances are MOM and POP have a gun and some desire to keep their food
    PaulS and pheniox17 like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links