Non-prep related rant
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Non-prep related rant

This is a discussion on Non-prep related rant within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I detest Comcast. Their products, their service, their customer interaction. All of it is terrible. Unfortunately, due to my location, they are my ONLY option ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Non-prep related rant

Non-prep related rant

I detest Comcast. Their products, their service, their customer interaction. All of it is terrible. Unfortunately, due to my location, they are my ONLY option for Internet of any speed. My connection is spotty at best. The speed varies greatly. I actually was on their site to do some troubleshooting, and followed a link to a troubleshooting guide. The link took me to a page that repeatedly told me that an error had occurred, and apologized for the inconvenience. So now, I have to find a guide on troubleshooting their troubleshooting guide. RIDICULOUS!!!!
    Auntie, Prepared One and slewfoot like this.
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

The worst is when internet providers expect you to look up solutions to your connection problem on their website.

If I can't connect to the net then HOW THE #*$% am I supposed to see their #$%^ing WEBSITE?

Retired Moderator

Hate is not a strong enough word for how I feel about Comcast, their technical support and customer service. I will not bore you with the details, it took 8 months 6 death certificates and numerous visits to their office to get them to cancel the account and take their boxes back. They were rude, insensitive and downright nasty to me.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We just cancelled Dish at home... we now have no paid TV service.. we have netflix and I have a TV antenna I need to connect

We had an comcast outage (internet and voice) at work last week.. I called (on my cell phone) and explained what was going on..and yep there was an area wide outage... I ask to have all calls forwarded to my cell phone.. the girl said..you can do that online... I said "Do you remember why I am calling?"..... she did a forward for me....

Hmmmm.... I signed up with Comcast earlier this year. If you thought they are bad, you have no idea what having a bundled service with Dish and Windfart (stream) was like. A blazing internet speed of 1.5, paying for service I did not want (copper line phone, $15 a month could not call out beyond a 15 mile radius if I did try to use the phone), Dish was okay except for losing signal during storms. Right now I save $30 a month over what I was paying, but it jumps up $30 in year 2 of the contract.

Comcast and NBC are the same company.

NBC.......the TV network that brought us MSNBC and Brian Williams.

All bought and paid for by the Democrats.
    slewfoot likes this.

Super Moderator

I've heard horror stories. I don't have comcast but I do have issues of my own. The problem seems to be no competition. Most of these companies are the only choice people have so they can be super shitty. It's them or nothing.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Ahhh Modern conveniences. Gotta love it. I threaten to yank out Comcast on a weekly basis it seems. But, football season is coming.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    The worst is when internet providers expect you to look up solutions to your connection problem on their website.

If I can't connect to the net then HOW THE #*$% am I supposed to see their #$%^ing WEBSITE?
    You have to use a friend's computer who has a "real" internet provider.

bullshit
    you don't like them then go satellite dude
    wild blue, hughes net ect.
    don't say that is the only internet provider you can get
    I live way out in bfe there is no internet out here except what I provide via satellite same for my BOL it may not be the fastest but I still got it.
    oops

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links