Non-prep related rant - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Non-prep related rant

This is a discussion on Non-prep related rant within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Medic33 bullshit you don't like them then go satellite dude wild blue, hughes net ect. don't say that is the only internet ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Non-prep related rant

Quote Originally Posted by Medic33 View Post
    bullshit
    you don't like them then go satellite dude
    wild blue, hughes net ect.
    don't say that is the only internet provider you can get
    I live way out in bfe there is no internet out here except what I provide via satellite same for my BOL it may not be the fastest but I still got it.
    Same way out here. Only option is dial up or satellite. The satellite sucks big time and so does the service from huges net. It's also overpriced. I use a cell phone for most of my internet now.

bullshit
    you don't like them then go satellite dude
    wild blue, hughes net ect.
    don't say that is the only internet provider you can get
    I live way out in bfe there is no internet out here except what I provide via satellite same for my BOL it may not be the fastest but I still got it.
    Didn't say they were the only provider. Said they were the only provider with any speed. Slow internet is just like no internet.
    Medic33 likes this.
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

Mod Squad

I sort of hate Comcast too because they have fairly frequent outages. I found that calling them and complaining a lot seems to help. I get upgraded to the newest hardware at least once a year, and my connect speeds are good for a residential account.

I just checked and am getting 120 mbps down and almost 15 up.

Tip: most big companies (like Comcast) have a customer retention group, though they may call it something else. Always say that you want to discontinue your service, then ask if they have such a group. The people in these retention groups are authorized to do pretty much anything to keep you as a customer. I have gotten better equipment, free plan upgrades, free months, and lower rates by using this little trick. It's worth trying.
    darsk20 likes this.

Success Is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm - anonymous

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We have directv for television and a dedicated dsl line with 10mbps from the local phone company. The dsl line costs me $29.95 a month. Check with your local phone company and see if you can do the same.
    rice paddy daddy and Denton like this.
    You build on failure, you use it as a stepping stone.
    Johnny Cash.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
    We have directv for television and a dedicated dsl line with 10mbps from the local phone company. The dsl line costs me $29.95 a month. Check with your local phone company and see if you can do the same.
    We use an antenna for TV, and our land line phone company provided us with a wi fi modem that is high speed. To keep the bill low we have local calls only, no long distance, caller ID, none of that.
    It is good on line service, just as quick as here at work.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    You have to use a friend's computer who has a "real" internet provider.
    I have no friends... except Slippy, and he doesn't have the internet... he posts here by telekinesis... oh wait, sorry Slip, was that supposed to be a secret? My bad.

When I was 40 miles west of Chicago, city of 50,000, Comcast was THE only provider and had their way (expletive removed) with the citizens (and me). When I moved, I dropped off the modem and got the receipt and filed it (thank God). Three months later, I get a forwarded bill for $200 for the modem. The claim I didn't return it. It took me nearly a half hour of waiting on the phone before I could talk to someone. "Just send us a copy of the receipt. So I sent them a copy of the receipt and figured it was done. NOPE, went thru it two more times. Comcast can go to ....
    CourtSwagger likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CourtSwagger View Post
    I detest Comcast. Their products, their service, their customer interaction. All of it is terrible. Unfortunately, due to my location, they are my ONLY option for Internet of any speed. My connection is spotty at best. The speed varies greatly. I actually was on their site to do some troubleshooting, and followed a link to a troubleshooting guide. The link took me to a page that repeatedly told me that an error had occurred, and apologized for the inconvenience. So now, I have to find a guide on troubleshooting their troubleshooting guide. RIDICULOUS!!!!
    yes you did-but hey it's cool.
    oops

Chattanooga EPB added fiber optic as an option a few years ago and I thought "finally some competition". Sadly, nope, they just priced comparably to Comcast, but because of that Comcast is considerably more responsive to keeping our business.

yes you did-but hey it's cool.
    Allow me to clarify. Of any speed in this context means only provider of Internet with speed that's worth having. Sorry to confuse YOU.
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links