New (Used) Freezer
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New (Used) Freezer

This is a discussion on New (Used) Freezer within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; So the wife is friends with this lady who has a husband that makes GOOD Money... They purchased a brand new 8.8 cubic Kenmore chest ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 2 Post By Smitty901
  • 2 Post By Maine-Marine

Thread: New (Used) Freezer

New (Used) Freezer

So the wife is friends with this lady who has a husband that makes GOOD Money... They purchased a brand new 8.8 cubic Kenmore chest freezer 4-6 months ago..then decided they did not have time to thaw things out when they wanted to eat (Honestly - that is what the husband told me when he dropped it off)

Anyway new it was $380 +- and we picked it up for $150 delivered to our door. (Had one very small ding in the front - I should have tried to talk him down...lol)

We had been talking about getting a freezer and had decided on a 7 Cubic foot... So this is a total score

Good score is right! I used to do appliance repair. Think Kenmore is Whirlpool re-branded. I'm big on Whirlpool, and Kenmore for that matter. Not sure of the size, but have one for 20 yrs and still going strong, Whirlpool.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 05-31-2015 at 06:31 PM.

One that new is a good deal. We replaced a 27 cubic foot one last year it was 15 years old. The drop in energy use was huge.
    1skrewsloose and bigwheel like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Good to know, maybe I should upgrade! Mine works but not efficient. 20 years ago only spent $200 on it, could have saved that much on energy costs and paid for itself. Thanks!

Nice score. I got an older model upright freezer from my brother, he is an appliance delivery/repair guy.
    His MIL wanted a new frostless one, this one is not frostless. She gave it to him when he delivered the new one.
    I traded my brother $40 worth of ammo for it, about what he would have gotten for it by scrapping it. And of course, he delivers!
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Good score. Sure miss not having a separate feezer. Had a smallish Kenmore upright bought used for a hundred bucks. Used it a long time. Had a chance the other day to buy a similar model but the lady say it was frost free. I dont want a frost free model. I want my cold to be wet..lol. Swear on the Kenmore you could lay stuff in there upwrapped and didnt seem to hurt it a bit. It was big enough to hold two half grown cows.

Chest freezers a pain when they are full and you're looking for something. But they hold the cold so much better than an upright.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Sounds like you got a great deal. I am looking for another freezer myself, a larger one than the 5 foot one that I have now. I just have not decided on a chest or upright, both have their good points...what say you?
    When seconds count, help is minutes away...Support the Second Amendment!

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Chest freezers a pain when they are full and you're looking for something. But they hold the cold so much better than an upright.
    if you use cloth bags with handles that you can pull out and they are labeled BERRIES, DEER, BEEF, VEGGIES, etc...
    PaulS and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    if you use cloth bags with handles that you can pull out and they are labeled BERRIES, DEER, BEEF, VEGGIES, etc...
    You forgot the bags labeled "SEVERED HEADS PR" (PR=Pike Ready)

Sponsored Links