Late starter in a different position wants to know.....
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Late starter in a different position wants to know..... within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm really late getting started, REALLY LATE, I know, but I'm an innovative thinker and a survivor in all aspects so I will do the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Late starter in a different position wants to know.....

I'm really late getting started, REALLY LATE, I know, but I'm an innovative thinker and a survivor in all aspects so I will do the best I can with what I have available and see what happens, that's all many of us can do. In my innovative mind, I have tried to envision The World of tomorrow and especially The United States of America and what it will be like not just tomorrow but next month and next year. I know it's late and that I'll never have enough time to be 100% or even half that towards being ready for whatever so as I go, I spend as much time as possible trying to over prepare in areas where I can in hopes that my over preparedness will gain me leverage in the market when it's time to barter or maybe to have something to bring to the table in a group situation. I understand that in an emergency situation, the grocery store shelves will be completely empty in three hours. EMPTY in three hours. I also understand that us humans can go as long as three weeks without food before we starve to death. It is also true that a human will only survive three days without water. It is said to take a gallon of water per day, per person to survive. Half for drinking and half for hygiene. I, as a late starter, intend to take advantage of the fact that I have an underground spring that puts out an unbelievable amount of water and when I say unbelievable amount, I mean this spring PUTS IT OUT. Not only have I made steps to preserve, secure and utilize the water from the spring but I've collected a large number of milk jugs and I'm planning to fill them and store them for my use and for use at the bargaining table. It only stands to reason that water will be a valuable commodity and I'm hoping to capitalize on my over abundance by over preparing and having plenty to spare. My question is..... What is the most effective and cheapest way to purify the water. The truth is, I've been drinking it straight out of the ground for all of my life but I don't expect I can put it in washed out milk jugs and not have problems without treatment of some kind. I heard that a drop of Clorox per gallon will do it but I want to know the whole truth before I make the wrong move. Any information will be greatly appreciated, help me now and remember that I've got water later.

Putting the same post in multiple places is called "spamming" and even though there are many people here that like spam, it is considered poor etiquette.
    Just a friendly comment - no disrespect meant.

1skrewsloose likes this.
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

To be totally fair on the net, seen many times the same question posted within seconds on one forum to another. It is irritating to see the same post in different spots in the same site. Is asking the same question twice going to give you the answers you want to hear?
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 05-30-2015 at 08:25 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

see the post in the other thread.
    1skrewsloose likes this.
    oops

That's funny!!

One Word; Paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by refill1961 View Post
    I'm really late getting started, REALLY LATE, I know, but I'm an innovative thinker and a survivor in all aspects so I will do the best I can with what I have available and see what happens, that's all many of us can do. In my innovative mind, I have tried to envision The World of tomorrow and especially The United States of America and what it will be like not just tomorrow but next month and next year. I know it's late and that I'll never have enough time to be 100% or even half that towards being ready for whatever so as I go, I spend as much time as possible trying to over prepare in areas where I can in hopes that my over preparedness will gain me leverage in the market when it's time to barter or maybe to have something to bring to the table in a group situation. I understand that in an emergency situation, the grocery store shelves will be completely empty in three hours. EMPTY in three hours. I also understand that us humans can go as long as three weeks without food before we starve to death. It is also true that a human will only survive three days without water. It is said to take a gallon of water per day, per person to survive. Half for drinking and half for hygiene. I, as a late starter, intend to take advantage of the fact that I have an underground spring that puts out an unbelievable amount of water and when I say unbelievable amount, I mean this spring PUTS IT OUT. Not only have I made steps to preserve, secure and utilize the water from the spring but I've collected a large number of milk jugs and I'm planning to fill them and store them for my use and for use at the bargaining table. It only stands to reason that water will be a valuable commodity and I'm hoping to capitalize on my over abundance by over preparing and having plenty to spare. My question is..... What is the most effective and cheapest way to purify the water. The truth is, I've been drinking it straight out of the ground for all of my life but I don't expect I can put it in washed out milk jugs and not have problems without treatment of some kind. I heard that a drop of Clorox per gallon will do it but I want to know the whole truth before I make the wrong move. Any information will be greatly appreciated, help me now and remember that I've got water later.

Bleach makes water drinkable. And taste nasty. And bleach has a relatively short shelf-life. So it'll do in a pinch but isn't a good plan A, imo. I suggest good quality water filtration systems (multiple, since this is a key part of your plan). Berkey filters are quite good, but there are lots of options in various sizes. You want something that takes out things as small as viruses. Good spring water is easy on filters so they last longer, but there Is a risk of Giardia and other things from unfiltered spring water.
    Arklatex likes this.

I'm obviously new to the forum. Thank you Spice for your reply. For the rest, get a life. I don't need a lesson in etiquette or grammar. Remember when you were young and your mother told you "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? Or maybe your mother forgot that. If you've taken the time to reply with anything besides an answer to the question, I feel for you and why you are so bitter but ...(removed) I'll judge me and you judge you until God judges us all. I'd rather be a "spammer" than a "whiner"

Please watch your language. This is a family friendly forum.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 06-08-2015 at 08:08 PM.

a second place winner - refill1961 gets the ignore button with only 5 posts
    CourtSwagger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by refill1961 View Post
    I'm obviously new to the forum. Thank you Spice for your reply. For the rest, get a life. I don't need a lesson in etiquette or grammar. Remember when you were young and your mother told you "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? Or maybe your mother forgot that. If you've taken the time to reply with anything besides an answer to the question, I feel for you and why you are so bitter but FUCK OFF! I'll judge me and you judge you until God judges us all. I'd rather be a "spammer" than a "whiner"
    Does anyone else see the irony in ol' refill lecturing people on saying nothing if you don't have anything nice to say, and then going on a tirade about people being bitter and then inviting them to flock off? Maybe he should "refill" his meds! See what I did there? Huh? Did you you get it? Good times....
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links