Late starter in a different position wants to know..... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Late starter in a different position wants to know.....

This is a discussion on Late starter in a different position wants to know..... within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by refill1961 I'm really late getting started, REALLY LATE, I know, but I'm an innovative thinker and a survivor in all aspects so ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Late starter in a different position wants to know.....

Quote Originally Posted by refill1961 View Post
    I'm really late getting started, REALLY LATE, I know, but I'm an innovative thinker and a survivor in all aspects so I will do the best I can with what I have available and see what happens, that's all many of us can do. In my innovative mind, I have tried to envision The World of tomorrow and especially The United States of America and what it will be like not just tomorrow but next month and next year. I know it's late and that I'll never have enough time to be 100% or even half that towards being ready for whatever so as I go, I spend as much time as possible trying to over prepare in areas where I can in hopes that my over preparedness will gain me leverage in the market when it's time to barter or maybe to have something to bring to the table in a group situation. I understand that in an emergency situation, the grocery store shelves will be completely empty in three hours. EMPTY in three hours. I also understand that us humans can go as long as three weeks without food before we starve to death. It is also true that a human will only survive three days without water. It is said to take a gallon of water per day, per person to survive. Half for drinking and half for hygiene. I, as a late starter, intend to take advantage of the fact that I have an underground spring that puts out an unbelievable amount of water and when I say unbelievable amount, I mean this spring PUTS IT OUT. Not only have I made steps to preserve, secure and utilize the water from the spring but I've collected a large number of milk jugs and I'm planning to fill them and store them for my use and for use at the bargaining table. It only stands to reason that water will be a valuable commodity and I'm hoping to capitalize on my over abundance by over preparing and having plenty to spare. My question is..... What is the most effective and cheapest way to purify the water. The truth is, I've been drinking it straight out of the ground for all of my life but I don't expect I can put it in washed out milk jugs and not have problems without treatment of some kind. I heard that a drop of Clorox per gallon will do it but I want to know the whole truth before I make the wrong move. Any information will be greatly appreciated, help me now and remember that I've got water later.
    Since I still have reply rites, here are my thoughts.

1. Yes if you have a LOT of spring output it could be valuable but it depends on where the spring is. In USA water is really not become a hot commodity, although it will in future years having something that everyone has is not much of a bargaining chip. For instance my current water right is about 250 GMP (gallons per minute) of pure mountain spring water. Multiply that out an it is around half a million gallons of water a DAY. With that much water I can easily irrigate a 40 acre ranch, and on the land I produce at current market prices about $8000 in hay.

My point being that if you live in Montana having a well that "puts it out" is not a big asset, however if you live in southern CA you are golden, so where do you live?
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

you know, that f-off post you made just made me think -your sir are a tard. you post multiple times about a fresh water drinkable spring with a huge output and you have know idea what to do with it. like WOW!!!
    and you tell us were mindless waste cases. BYE BYE
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    oops

OK CourtSwagger, I didn't lecture anyone. I asked a question about memory and something your mother should have taught you.There was no lecture.There was no tirade and there was certainly no invitation. I merely suggested that some of the posters here must be bitter and they most certainly are. I don't see how you came up with "invitation" from what was plainly a suggestion or even a command. Regarding meds, I don't take them. I am in excellent health and I'm not required to take anything, not even an aspirin, on any schedule or for any reason. If you don't like what I post, say so, but this crap moves you higher up on the "whiner" list and you were wrong in all aspects.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

For you Montana Rancher, I live in Georgia and based on my experiences, water is valuable anywhere, anytime, even if you're not trying to irrigate $8000 worth of hay. The thing is, if we are in a survival situation, who the hell is going to have $8000? Who the hell would be buying that much hay? Why do you think that "today's market prices" will hold good in dire straits?

Quote Originally Posted by refill1961 View Post
    OK CourtSwagger, I didn't lecture anyone. I asked a question about memory and something your mother should have taught you.There was no lecture.There was no tirade and there was certainly no invitation. I merely suggested that some of the posters here must be bitter and they most certainly are. I don't see how you came up with "invitation" from what was plainly a suggestion or even a command. Regarding meds, I don't take them. I am in excellent health and I'm not required to take anything, not even an aspirin, on any schedule or for any reason. If you don't like what I post, say so, but this crap moves you higher up on the "whiner" list and you were wrong in all aspects.
    Ok, refill. I don't like what you post. Can we get a "whiner" ranking list? I really want to know where I rank.
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links