So I spent the week in Toronto
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on So I spent the week in Toronto within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; With the Muslims, all US naturalized citizens or green card holders. Most were from India or that part of the world. they were on vacation, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GasholeWillie

Thread: So I spent the week in Toronto

With the Muslims, all US naturalized citizens or green card holders. Most were from India or that part of the world. they were on vacation, visiting museums, mosques or going to dinner. They are hands down the most peaceful people I have ever been around.

Now before you start with the "the only good muslim is a dead muslim" you have no clue to what you are talking about. I was asking questions as I was seeing things that did not add up. My experience up till this week was from living in a muslim country and working in Saudi Arabia. So I sort of had a pre conceived notion and I was wrong. The mosques that we visited did not have minerettes, no call to prayer 5 times a day, no covering of the bare arms and modest dressing, or covering the head and face with scarves for women. While I had some time away from my group I had a chance to talk and question a caterer that was providing food for the group as on board snacks. I asked about everything I mentioned AND the stated desire by some muslims to want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. It was explained to me that this particular sect of the muslim faith(25 million strong) is devoid of political strife and does not enter into it's teachings. In fact the model that was presented to me sounded very much like Catholic Charities or many other faith based organizations that attempt to better folks in need in their community of the same faith. None of this "Israel is the 51st state of the USA" BS. All were just grateful to share in the life they lead day to day with the people in their group and to try and make it as good as it can be. I flat out told the guy that muslims in general right now in the States are being "painted" with the same brush as the extremists and suspicion is growing rampantly.

I guess I can explain what I encountered this way to draw a parallel. Baskin Robbins used to sell ice cream. 31 flavors. Some are great, some are mediocre, some are nasty. Same with the Christian or Muslim religions. Flavors =sects. So in wondering about why the good do not speak up against the bad and tell them to knock it off you are causing trouble? Think about this, if you are Catholic, do you give a tinkers flip about what happens in the Methodist church or the Protestant, Presbyterrean, or Penticostal? No not really, then again they are not beheading people in the name of God. So why would it be their problem any more than it would be a problem for Christian or these Muslims that do not belong to that group?

The food we ate was uber spicy and really not that enjoyable to eat, but I had to be a gracious person and partake. They welcomed my Infidel ass into their world for a few days and it was a good learning experience.
    Medic33 likes this.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Things are rarely black and white, huh.

Sponsored Links