Elon Musk Says Self-Driving Tesla Cars Will Be in the U.S. by Summer
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Elon Musk Says Self-Driving Tesla Cars Will Be in the U.S. by Summer within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/20/bu...by-summer.html For many drivers who commute long distances, the prospect of owning a self-driving car — where a driver takes his hands off the wheel ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Prepared One
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 2 Post By Murphy
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 3 Post By Arklatex
  • 1 Post By Slippy

Thread: Elon Musk Says Self-Driving Tesla Cars Will Be in the U.S. by Summer

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/20/bu...by-summer.html

For many drivers who commute long distances, the prospect of owning a self-driving car — where a driver takes his hands off the wheel and feet off the gas — has been an elusive dream.

But on Thursday, Elon Musk, chief executive of Tesla, took a big step in that direction when he announced that the maker of high-end electric cars would introduce autonomous technology by this summer. The technology would allow drivers to have their cars take control on what he called “major roads” like highways.

Mr. Musk said that a software update — not a repair performed by a mechanic — would give Tesla’s Model S sedans the ability to start driving themselves, at least part of the time, in a hands-free mode that the company refers to as autopilot.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I am sorry, but there is just something wrong with not driving the damn car yourself. Have we become that lazy? I will continue to trust my driving skills rather then a computer. Thanks but no thanks.
    Slippy likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Make a self cutting chainsaw and you got my attention!
    Doc Holliday likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm intrigued with this autopilot self driving car, I could find a better use of my time other than sitting in traffic, But trusting a computer to drive, IDK, what about when is slippery out, a deer runs out, to many variables for me at this point
    Slippy and Arklatex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I'm intrigued with this autopilot self driving car, I could find a better use of my time other than sitting in traffic, But trusting a computer to drive, IDK, what about when is slippery out, a deer runs out, to many variables for me at this point
    Good point Murph,
    Same with the chainsaw thing too.
    Murphy likes this.

Who is at fault when 2 of these cars wreck into eachother? Would you get a discount on insurance or would your rate increase? What happens when the car is driving itself and a blowout or mechanical issue happens? Will it yield to emergency vehicles?
    Murphy, Slippy and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Who is at fault when 2 of these cars wreck into eachother? Would you get a discount on insurance or would your rate increase? What happens when the car is driving itself and a blowout or mechanical issue happens? Will it yield to emergency vehicles?
    Details, details...We don't need no steeenkin' details Ark.
    Prepared One likes this.

Relax and enjoy the ride. Like the government let the car take care of you.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Sponsored Links