Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
For vets and non-vets alike
This is a discussion on For vets and non-vets alike within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Rules for the Non-Military ~~ (Make sure you read #13 twice)
For you civilians, we know that the current state of affairs in our great ...
For vets and non-vets alike
Rules for the Non-Military ~~ (Make sure you read #13 twice)
For you civilians, we know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.
For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:
1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem - kick their ass.
2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their ass.
3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.
4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia might have been okay when you were seven years old, but now it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot.
Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).
6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass.
7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. This includes arrogant politicians who think someone may be offended. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her-of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.
9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - stop saying it!
If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!
10. 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers'(Coast Guard), Bubblehead (Sub sailor),
etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other.
Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.
11. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, you can support our troops and their families.
Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families.
Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day.
Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.
12. IT'S the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffins are draped by the flag.
REMEMBER: It's the same military who fought/fights for freedoms, which allows the protester to burn our flag.
OH, and ONE MORE:
13. If you ever see/hear anyone singing the our National Anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS.
ONE LAST THING: If you got this email and didn't pass it on - guess what - you deserve to get your ass kicked!
I sent this to you, NOT because I didn't want to get my ass kicked,
but BECAUSE YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL PERSON and I KNOW YOU WILL NOT BE OFFENDED.
I also KNOW YOU ARE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN. THANK YOU!
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!
Nice sentiment. Still I have to disagree with a couple points.
#12. God gave us our freedoms. This is officially established in the document that was presented to the King of England and to the rest of the world. That document is called the Declaration of Independence.
Those of us who are veterans might have joined to protect this nation and the constitution, but we really served those who used us for their own purpose. For decades, we have been betrayed.
AS for the rest of it, this dog-face agrees with you, Zoomie!
Because getting violent with people who don't understand what veterans have done for us all, and what those symbols mean to other people, is surely the best way to get those people to agree with you and understand.
Freedom of speech shouldn't mean you're immune from being treated with disdain and disgust when your ideas warrant it. It should mean being free from the threat of physical violence because someone disagrees with you. imo.
"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
"Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.
Great post,I was a Squid!
We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!
Unfortunately I was denied getting into the military when I was right out of High School because of having bad legs. but my family has been in every single skirmish and war since before this country was founded. I thank every Vet i meet and it was really neat to listen to the old WWII stories from my wifes grandpa who served under Patten... Wish he was still around.
Great thread, and thank you to ever Vet on this forum...
Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
Deep Sea Diver, US F'in N!
"In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!
I served to defend the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. I did that, received an honorable discharge and took a similar oath again for a 28 year hitch as a Police Officer. Now, I just want to relax as my wife rubs my feet, feeds me grapes and capitulates to my every whim for the rest of my days. Evidently her plans involve something else.
"There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."
By Smitty901 in forum HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR
Last Post: 01-10-2015, 02:21 PM
By Saskatchewan Guy in forum News & Links
Last Post: 11-22-2014, 12:59 PM
By CWOLDOJAX in forum General Talk
Last Post: 11-11-2014, 08:34 PM
By ekim in forum General Talk
Last Post: 04-01-2014, 04:07 PM
By Smitty901 in forum Political News and Topics
Last Post: 02-10-2014, 08:20 AM