First time home buyer advice? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

First time home buyer advice?

This is a discussion on First time home buyer advice? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by acidlittle Oh and that pink/magenta carpet, is going to be put throughout the house That'd be my gun room/reloading room! Kidding yeah ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: First time home buyer advice?

Quote Originally Posted by acidlittle
    Oh and that pink/magenta carpet, is going to be put throughout the house That'd be my gun room/reloading room! Kidding yeah I would rip that crap out, hopefully it has some hardwood under all that gross carpet.

HAHA! Well, they do make pink guns now, sooooo.... LOL! Yeah, its gold when there is hardwood under stuff like that.

If mother nature doesn't shit 12" of snow on us this weekend maybe I'll try and get out there and look at the house...
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Nice place, good price, would consider the heating though for such a big house as others said.
    You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. "Abraham Lincoln"

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm going to drive by the place today and see what shape the land/house really is in after work. Heating will suck in there! Maybe it's on electric heat and I can throw up some Solar panels eventually to run it more efficiently..?

Hopefully it will be on electric heat. And hopefully it will have a good functioning fireplace as well. If there is areas that you can do a drop window (Like a skylight), then that would be natural heat of course. Don't get discouraged if its not as you thought, its a process as you know.

It definitely needs work. I drove by and the Roof is poor,needs new windows, and siding...could be a money pit, maybe I'll get a realtor to show it to me on saturday...

Well, don't get discouraged, I always start taking the $ off the top of the price they are asking when I see a home like that. I say to myself 100 grand, and when I get there if the roof is bad say 90 grand (Although it should only cost 4-5grand), and so forth. From there I have room to neg with the realtor and make an offer then.

BTW, you never did say what kind of little dog you have.

yeah, my worry is that the house is already at 85k. The insurance company said the replacement cost would be (if they insured it) $244,000. SO to me there is room for a reno and vastly improve the property value. Problem is, I don't have too much of an income to afford a huge reno....

I have a Mini Dachshund! He's a beast!

I would say the housing market is still being propped up so they WILL come down when interest rates go up to counter the high levels of inflation that are just starting to show. Either buy silver, let the silver rise in value as the housing prices come down or bet against the dollar and do a 30 year fixed. If things get really bad the stamp you buy to mail the check might cost more than the fixed price of the house itself in Zimbabwe a can of coke cost about 350 billion Zimbabwe dollars. it the same happens here the soda will cost way more than your home. but also buy silver for the taxes, during the Depression people lost houses that were fully paid for because they couldn't pay their taxes

yup I have my silver collection started and growing within my means of purchase power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links