Frozen Pipes!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Frozen Pipes!

This is a discussion on Frozen Pipes! within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; woke up to the kitchen sink not functioning today.... the house is 70 degrees but it is -22 outside with the wind chill here today. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Frozen Pipes!

Frozen Pipes!

woke up to the kitchen sink not functioning today.... the house is 70 degrees but it is -22 outside with the wind chill here today. The breeze coming from under my cabinets was insane. Luckily, I am prepared and had my heat gun at the ready. Thawed the pipes out and we have water again, but it is damn cold here!
    Big Country1, Denton and BagLady like this.

Sorry to hear that, we put a heater on downstairs yesterday just to keep the chill off and stop pipes from freezing. This morning here was -21 without wind chill

glad your pipes did not break.. had that happen one time... it was bad news

I am going to hate my water bill. I've been keeping all the faucets running slowly for the last 3 days.
    Moonshinedave likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have a few frozen pipes too. I will have to see what I can do when I get home.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Had some water lines freeze and burst last winter in the laundry room, no fun at all. Sealed everywhere I thought the wind could get in using spray foam insulation, also added more insulation to the walls (had to tear out part of the walls to get to the busted pipes) and also added heat tape to the pipes after I repaired them, not wanting to go through that again.
    sideKahr, paraquack and BagLady like this.

About two nights ago we didn't hear the well pump running at 1:00 am so we had to shovel around the back of the house. we assumed the water was from the holding tank and didn't want the water heater burning out. But there was no leaks just didn't hear the pump. Stay warm.

In the intermountain west we've been experiences a very mild winter so far, days time highs in the 50's and night time lows in the upper 30's. It's weird and kind of nice for a change yet not our usual winter weather. Hang in there I know what it is like to thaw pipes, leave water on to drip and put towels down at the doors to stop drafts.

If you have access to your water pipes (basement or crawl space), just go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy some of those round foam pipe wraps. They work great.
    paraquack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    I am going to hate my water bill. I've been keeping all the faucets running slowly for the last 3 days.

worth the $$$$ no matter the cost .... if they freeze up up now you might have to wait for spring, for the thaw .... it's almost impossible to find anyone to do a underground pipe heat thaw ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

It was in the low 80's yesterday here, probably going to be the same today.... bbrrrrr
    Slippy and BagLady like this.
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links