Prepper Challenges (Prepper Levels)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Prepper Challenges (Prepper Levels) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Would members of this forum be interested in doing prepper challenges? Meaning, certain tasks to get to certain levels. Mainly no or extremely little money ...

Poll: Would you be interested in Prepper/Survival Challenges

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Prepper Challenges (Prepper Levels)

Would members of this forum be interested in doing prepper challenges?

Meaning, certain tasks to get to certain levels. Mainly no or extremely little money involved.

For example there are a lot of people saying.... "I plan on....". This will let you sign up or track your level as well as providing a help/support group from others on here.

Example Challenge #1:

Obtain HAM radio technician level #1 within 3 months:

This would be challenge #1 and people would virtually sign up and start with the studying or obtaining the license. At the end of 3 months we can post who made it through.

Cost involved would be $15.00 for exam fee... plus travel to the testing site.

Example Challenge #2:

Photocopy of important papers to be placed on a secure "Thumb Drive" and placed in a EMP container within 1 month.

Cost involved would be $10.00 for a good thumb drive.

Example Challenge #3

Build a fire without matches, preferably a bow/string style within 1 month.

Cost involved: Free

Note: You don't have to sign up for each challenge. Just finding out if anyone is interested? For example I would be signing up for the first challenge because I'm already a ham operator, but as the challenges go on, that level can go up to a different level.

I like the idea somewhat, but it also reminds me of the thread about soldiers as "the pinnacle of prepper standards" to which my reply was "what prepper standards?".

The first step might be setting standards such as "Have a 72 hour bag for each member of the family." or "be able to use a map and compass."

Once the standards are agreed upon then one could pursue the skills and supplies required.
    survival likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    I like the idea somewhat, but it also reminds me of the thread about soldiers as "the pinnacle of prepper standards" to which my reply was "what prepper standards?".

The first step might be setting standards such as "Have a 72 hour bag for each member of the family." or "be able to use a map and compass."

Once the standards are agreed upon then one could pursue the skills and supplies required.
    Use a map and compass, yes. But the bag violates the "little to no money" rule.

Incidentally both of these are soldier skills.
    survival likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, okay. But it should be kept simple to meet the low monetary threshold, such as:

How would you boil water?
    Do you have some garden seeds?
    Basic first aid kit?

Etc.
    survival and BagLady like this.

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan
    I voted for the "depends on the challenge" part. I like the idea as it gives us something to work for. So it'll depend on the challenge if I accept it or not.
    Arklatex and survival like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Senior Member R.I.P.

I don't wear them myself, butt depends. Ham radio license first challenge? I can think of a lot higher priorities for survival.
    survival and Slippy like this.

I'm all for it! Pics or it didn't happen should be the number one rule imo.
    survival and BagLady like this.

Super Moderator

Is there alcohol in this challenge?
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

I've been wanting to learn how to make fire with the stick/bow method.
    I'm in.
    survival likes this.
    In Memory of Cpl. Bradley Coy
    Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Sail on, Hunting Hawk. You were one of a kind.

Good points and I'm sure we'll fine tune the rules as we go. I do like the idea of pics or it didn't happen, even if its a simple photo of a finished fire that you started with the bow (this isn't school, so no one is graded).

HuntingHawk, I was just giving examples and thought of ham radio since I see a lot of folks saying "this is what I'm going to do soon". I agree there are much more important skills, but I don't think that should be in priority since a new user might start here in about 3 months and were at the "ham radio" part of the challenge, and we can't start over for that person. Or, are you saying they can come back to that challenge? That might be a good idea as well. Where challenge #1 would be to show photo of your water storage..... months go by while members (new or old) can come back and start that challenge and then move to the next challenge. That is definitely something to think about so we don't leave people behind and they can start at anytime. Or we can refer them to "Prepper Challenge #1" etc.

For the monetary part, I agree 110% because of funds. But, at some point we would have to say to have X number of whatever on hand which would come up with some $. BUT, at that point a person can decide to skip that challenge until the next one or work on a previous one.

Jak.... I'm not a solider, but I've learned a lot from soldiers from this forum, which is the main goal of this challenge where people that say to do this or that can actually chip in with advice or show that they have done the challenge already by themselves.

Mish, yes, there were be un drunk alcohol in these challenges. :cocksure:

Anymore standards or rules anyone would like to list? I highly agree with Arklaxtex about a photo or video of you doing this. If some think this violates OPSEC then that's fine, don't do that particular challenge, or we can move the threads to the bunker (only limited to members) which gives a little more relaxation for some folks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links