Fukushima - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Fukushima

This is a discussion on Fukushima within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Paul has been slipping. I think he means off of Baja California where the Nina's come from. If something in the Pacific current starts in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Fukushima

Paul has been slipping. I think he means off of Baja California where the Nina's come from.

If something in the Pacific current starts in Japan it will move up towards Alaska then down to Washington state Oregon then California coast. Then back towards the other side of the Pacific. Its like a giant wheel of current. Of course some things get stuck or wash ashore.

Fukushima

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    4600 miles at 1 mile per hour would be 4600 hours - or 192 days - if it traveled in a straight line - which it doesn't. The water in the Pacific flows in a clockwise direction toward the equator. The water off the coast of Washington comes from the gulf of Mexico - that is when la nina and el nino comes from. Those of you who just accept what is spread by the alarmists should be questioning everything you see. Do a bit of resear4ch on the ocean currents, and definitely on the ways that radioactive elements behave. Cesium has a half-life of 32 years but when metabolized in a living body its half life is under 30 days. It loses 7/8 of it radioactivity in the fish that swim through the Japanese waters and then come to our coast.

I agree that this was mishandled but to become an alarmist over it is just playing into the hands of those who want to use this to limit your freedoms.
    You're right - my quick guess was way off. Still...debris from the tsunami washed up on the west coast a few months after the event.
    I'm not an alarmist. Sorry if I promote that idea.
    I'm not an expert in nuclear fallout.
    I'm contributing to the topic and learning while asking.

I do research. It's my day job. I monitor trends in ocean transport 5-days a week and especially Asia, Africa, and Oceania.
    Ships follow the currents from Japan to the U.S. West coast along the Aleutians because the earths circumference is shorter and the currents are favorable.

I also lived in Japan for 3.5 years while serving in the Navy.

I can tell you what I know, and learn more from this forum.
    Last edited by CWOLDOJAX; 02-04-2015 at 06:02 AM.
    ... And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.” -- Nehemiah Hidden Content

"Start where you are. Use all you have. Do all you can." -- Pat Williams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links