Earthquake in Maine tonight
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Earthquake in Maine tonight within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We had an earthquake about an hour ago here in Maine. It's only a 4.6 on the Richter Scale, but let me tell you something. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Earthquake in Maine tonight

We had an earthquake about an hour ago here in Maine. It's only a 4.6 on the Richter Scale, but let me tell you something. I thought my furnace exploded in the basement. Fortunately there were no deaths and there's only been 2 building collapses/fires reported so far. Nothing big. I'm sure you California preppers have quakes like this everyday. LOL.

Regardless, after it was over, I took so much comfort in the fact that I am a prepper. I have my stuff together and am prepared from something like this If this had been a big quake, I'm good to go!
    ohioguy likes this.

so glad to see you are safe, mama. mayhaps we have building codes that are stronger in CA. sending you love. glad you are prepared... for anything.
    hug the children let them itll be okay. makes me wanna ask about dams,fracking and underground mining up there...do yall have new dams or drained lakes?
    preppermama likes this.

Aww thanks Blaze and Shotlady.

We have dams, but no drained lakes that I know of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I had a 5.0 quake here in Montreal last week, I win.

Sorta. ^_^
    preppermama likes this.

i sure am well pleased that you and yer little ones are safe and prepared. boy howdy! earthquakes in that area are unexpected. which is all the more reason to be prepared.

now in earth quakes be careful should the lights go out to not light candles right away use flash lights first... to make sure gas lines havent ruptured! even if you dont use gas in yer house.

a couple of those taplights would be super next to the childrens beds.

never put beds right under windows should the window shatter or break under stress of the frame moving.

do not run to be under door way. most people are hurt and killed from falling book cases and large shelves coming down.
    if you are not near a sturdy table to get under hunch next to a wall (specially if you are outside on a sidewalk) or in a large room like a gym.

if they are on a couch or tucked into bed... roll off the bed and lay a long side it, dont get under it. should the wall or ceiling come down this allows you an a frame pocket of safety.if sitting on the couch lay along side of it again to create the a frame safety pocket. again, a break stick and coupla bottles of water placed there maked your wait much easier.

when living with earth quakes a break stick and bottle of water a couple of granoloa bars and a small blanket should be neatly tucked under the bed by the head should the cieling come down they are comfortable and not scared even more while waiting for help.

stay safe.take care and sleep tight, hun.
    preppermama likes this.

Ever since I was a child and even to this day (at work,) California state practices earthquake drills yearly. That's the culture here in CA, esp in the SF bay area. We have not had a major earthquake (over 6.0) in 10 years. I fear that we'll probably have one soon. This is one of the primary reasons, I prep aside from the many other reasons.

However, having an earthquake in cities there they are extremely uncommon can be very scary. Heck, even out here they are scary as hell.
    preppermama likes this.

i get scared sometimes. top floor in a 4 story on rollers. sure does give a nice shake!
    earthquake and social unreat is my biggest motivator.
    the verdict for that zimmermin incident in florida will incite riots. a lakers win/lose makes a riot in la. so im ready for that...
    Last edited by shotlady; 10-16-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Glad to hear that you are safe.
    preppermama likes this.

Super Moderator

Glad you're OK, Mama!

I don't like those darned things. No, ma'am, not at all. Was at Ft. Ord back in the early 80's. Was putting my boots on when a little trembler made my wall locker door move. My nerves are still shot over that!

Been shot at and missed, wrecked more vehicles than you can imagine and my "regular" doctor is an orthopedic surgeon, and none of that ever bugs me, but LEAVE MY GROUND ALONE!
    preppermama likes this.

Glad you are OK! I hear some people felt it here in CT. We did not, or I would have had a 45 lb poodle laying on my chest.
    Denton and preppermama like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links