Challenges To Govt
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Challenges To Govt

This is a discussion on Challenges To Govt within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Uber, air b n b, and a few others really get under the skin of local government. Hotels and such pay a lot of "room" ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Challenges To Govt

Challenges To Govt

Uber, air b n b, and a few others really get under the skin of local government. Hotels and such pay a lot of "room" taxes the air b n b crowds aren't. Uber drivers are not required to pay archaic cabbie taxes. We need more of this!!!!
    This place has become more disturbing then SHTF.

I have issues with Uber.
    The main one is that real taxi services have a lot of rules and regulation to comply with. Insurance being one of them. There is no way you can use your personal insurance and transport people for payment. If you are paying the rates that it would require you cost go way up. While they may pretend to be complying with insurance requirements you can bet many are not.
    Safety no one is inspecting the Uber cars like taxi's are in most cities.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I have issues with Uber.
    The main one is that real taxi services have a lot of rules and regulation to comply with. Insurance being one of them. There is no way you can use your personal insurance and transport people for payment. If you are paying the rates that it would require you cost go way up. While they may pretend to be complying with insurance requirements you can bet many are not.
    Safety no one is inspecting the Uber cars like taxi's are in most cities.
    A shining example of why regulation kills low prices and needs to be trimmed back. The reason you have to have regulation that are that intrusive is because of the litigious society we have become. People are lazy, looking for handouts or a quick way to make a buck so they wait for something to happen and sue. We need tort reform badly, once the albatross of litigation is no longer around our necks we can start trimming the regulations and shrinking costs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rjd25 View Post
    A shining example of why regulation kills low prices and needs to be trimmed back. The reason you have to have regulation that are that intrusive is because of the litigious society we have become. People are lazy, looking for handouts or a quick way to make a buck so they wait for something to happen and sue. We need tort reform badly, once the albatross of litigation is no longer around our necks we can start trimming the regulations and shrinking costs.
    You have a point. Consider this you ride in an Uber car. Get in a accident, you are left with pocket change to nothing Then you may see it different. Not all regulation came from an evil starting point. They just got hijacked.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

You can put your money in a bank or a savings and loan. Less interest at the bank but you get FDIC insurance. Caviot emptor. More interest at savings and loan bit you loose your money if the S and L goes bust.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

OK, what is an uber?

I guess I'll look it up before someone answers me but I have never heard of it.

EDIT; OK looked it up and I'm not impressed and will probably never use it. But good for them...
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-23-2015 at 02:25 PM.
    Ripon likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    OK, what is an uber?

I guess I'll look it up before someone answers me but I have never heard of it.

EDIT; OK looked it up and I'm not impressed and will probably never use it. But good for them...
    I don't have a need to take a cab very often but if I do I use uber. They are faster to arrive, cheaper than a cab and the drivers are friendlier. I have a friend that drives for them and they do a thorough job of vetting both the drivers and the cars.
    Big Country1 likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I tease my wife every now and then that I can "counsel" people for half her price since I don't have a license. She gets mad at me cause it rooks 8 years her her to get thru the licensure.
    This place has become more disturbing then SHTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripon View Post
    I tease my wife every now and then that I can "counsel" people for half her price since I don't have a license. She gets mad at me cause it rooks 8 years her her to get thru the licensure.
    I call my wife an ambulance driver (she is an EMT on the weekends). I also call her a glorified babysitter (high school teacher during the week). That gets her going pretty quickly.

Pretty much everything is a scam one way or another. They want you to come to their city so you do. You get hit with a Hotel tax some are very high, a tax on rental cars, entertainment tax. Now that gets paid by the company, but really you all pay for it in higher prices. Then you find out that the taxes go to things totally unrelated to the tax.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links